QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

so no freewheel threads , what is on that side of the 3000w v3 motor?

VIto8828, I have a good question for you:

Is there any STANDARD ZIZE strand for the winding?

I see we always talk in term of turn and parallel strands.. but we never talk about the size of these strands witch matter alot when comparing the copper fill and max ampere!

I see you talked about a Winding 24*5 Turn.. witch is probably the highest i have ever seen for a motor that size.. are the 24 parallel strands the same size of the strands size of our common MXUS3000 and cromotor?

Thanks

Thanks for the test graph and data Vito. this is always very useful when comparing different motors.
now it would be great to see a test of the same motor but with V2 type stator. do you have one? Also a data discription would be nice to see.

Doc, V3 has different stator design thus other winding

V2 type: 51 teeth, 23 pole pairs -> common design
V3 type: 36 teeth, 16 pole pairs

not sure how this effects kV and amps needed for a given torque output, but there will be (little) differences.

afaik standard cross section of one strand is 0,5mm ø so 0,196mm². at least thats what i measured on MXUS 3000, and Cromotor

GiantEV said:
Very interested in these motors. I'd want a thread for a bicycle freewheel of course.

I could see no info about threading for freewheel. I also checked their alibaba site.
@Vito does the extra/v3 have threading for freewheel?

GiantEV, macribs, hydro-one
If you zoom enough, you can see it is threaded indeed.
I've checked the OD against other dimentions and it is 34mm.

file.php

I have exact 150mm dropouts width, and it is only 12.5mm left for a freewheel + whashers. Basic 16T 34mm threaded freewheel like DICTA is 16mm thick. Not sure I can find <12mm thick freewheel.
Vito can you, please, tell me the wall thickesses marked as ?1 and ?2 on the picture:

QS205Cavity.gif

Attachments

• QS205Freewheel.JPG
    QS205Freewheel.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 2,831
Placed an order with Vito. Very nice guy.
I have a custom motor coming and will report detail when I receive it.

Looking forward to it :)

BCTECH said:
Placed an order with Vito. Very nice guy.
I have a custom motor coming and will report detail when I receive it.

Looking forward to it :)

Did you order special winding, or thicker phase wires?

macribs said:
GiantEV said:
Very interested in these motors. I'd want a thread for a bicycle freewheel of course.

I could see no info about threading for freewheel. I also checked their alibaba site.
Hi mate, I've got one of these v3's it arrived a couple of days ago, it does indeed have a threaded section for the freewheel to screw on, I could take some pictures and measurements if you want, it's a weapon by the way, quality is excellent and I would recommend them to anyone,

Seven said:
macribs said:
GiantEV said:

Hi mate, I've got one of these v3's it arrived a couple of days ago, it does indeed have a threaded section for the freewheel to screw on, I could take some pictures and measurements if you want, it's a weapon by the way, quality is excellent and I would recommend them to anyone,

Thank you very much for your interest & help.
Yes, there is thread 8mm for bicycle freewheel.
Attached "QS 3kW Spoke Motor Quotation & SPEC.pdf" for reference. : )

Best Regards

Attachments

• QS 3kW Spoke Motor Quotation & SPEC.pdf
    536.5 KB · Views: 413
Vito8828 said:
Thank you very much for your interest & help.
Yes, there is thread 8mm for bicycle freewheel.
Attached "QS 3kW Spoke Motor Quotation & SPEC.pdf" for reference. : )

Best Regards

Hi Mr. Vito. Pm sent regarding QS 3000W 205 (50H) E-bike Spoke Hub Motor Extra/V3 Type.

Dauntless said:
Doctorbass said:
A 240kW chineese hub motor...

That's the Luke we know !! 8)

Sounds like an under 10 second car.

I recently added an additional 10kWh of pack to the vehicle (25kWh total now), and it got faster due to more traction... I am pretty over series-brushed now though, it does make impressive low RPM torque, but I miss the top-end of brushless.

This vehicle has plenty of room for a very wide hubmotor, and if I go that route I intend to take advantage of all the space.

comparing the graphs of V2 and V3 there seems to be not so much difference in efficiency at given torque output.

vito, do you know what inductance these motors have? (im interested in 9kv and 12v versions)

madin88 said:
comparing the graphs of V2 and V3 there seems to be not so much difference in efficiency at given torque output.

vito, do you know what inductance these motors have? (im interested in 9kv and 12v versions)

Thank you for your question.
Yes, there is not too much difference between V2 and V3 type.
But V3 type could bear more torque than V2.

Difference between V2 & V3
The raw materials are alike, main difference in inner construction.
For V3 (16 Pole Pairs):  stronger configuration than V2, wider lamination,
more cooper wire/phase wire and thicker Cross-sectional area section, 
bear more current in usage.
Magentic Steel: V3 is wider and thicker. 
Efficiency:  86~88%(V2) 88~92%(V3)
Thus, V3 have best performance.

For inductance, generally, we don't test it before delivery.
I will ask our engineer to test it in near future, and get back to you accordingly.

Vito, with "wider and thicker steel" you talking about the differences in stator teeth shape, because both have 50mm wide stator, right?
it would be great if the technical data does include motor inductance.
thanks

If you guys need, I can measure the inductance of the V3 I have, I'll have to pull that side panel off my raptor so let me know if you need it need it

Yes pls do. That would be nice to have correct measure. It says nowhere in the specs.
I've been told that the QS 205 is the same motor as cromotor. Is that correct? It seems it is a 3kw motor according to the specs.
I think cromotor can do more then 10 kw peak, what is the peak power of the QS 205 motor?

8tPnjMP.png

riba2233 said:
It's not same as cromotor, they are similar and have same basis, but cromotor is enhanced version, it is reworked and modified in Croatia.

Ok, what is changed? Thicker phase wires?

What about power, you think they are similar in power?

riba2233 said:
It's not same as cromotor, they are similar and have same basis, but cromotor is enhanced version, it is reworked and modified in Croatia.

They order motors and rework them, instead of simply order these "upgrades" directly from the factory?

Another question.......i always read something about improvements and what not, but never simple and clear what is better. (we swap the axle from material x to y, we change the phase wires.......)

It will be the easiest way to promote the cro.
Name the benefits of getting a "real" cro.

But in the end the only real improvement could be the axle or bearings......they will not improve the stator, windings and so on.
So efficiently these motors are the same i guess, at least on dyno.

riba2233 said:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=858155#p858155

And for power, cromotor is being declared as 6000W.

Yes and we all have seen various motors declared at a certain power and other vendors selling the same motor with higher powers. So that is not something new. Do you think cromotor will outperform the QS motor? Or are they internally really the same motor?

It seems the v3 is updated for export.

Vito, what about the axle and bearings in the v3 motor, are there done any updates from v1 motor?
Is it possible to order motor with larger phase wires, larger bearings and stronger/larger diameter axle?

Back