Mongoose Salvo, GNG 1.1 build (in progress)

Overclocker

10 kW
VNGIpqn.jpg

The Mongoose Salvo (size L) was chosen because 1) good price, 2) huge triangle

Bnm6vjn.jpg

The GNG in my hotel room in Hong Kong after meeting up with Jon Chan's dad. Very nice guy, he even took me to a hilltop with a good view :D

Unfortunately in stock form it's probably a belt shredder so I decided to tweak the design a bit. I also got Lightningrod's upper sheets:

z19H4Rv.jpg

MrJ7YUR.jpg

Anti seize on parts that I'll probably have to disassemble later on

IQMInA6.jpg

wh5rq96.jpg

12s8p samsung ICR18650-26F bonded together in groups of 8.

4eKST3I.jpg

test fitting...

in progress... suggestions/wisdom most welcome

Did you file off sharp edges of both toothwheels? Probably not, do it.
I did and my belt tooths look like new after 900km. Max they were lasted was about 800-900km but breaking belt is due to stock design (wrapping belt over too small tensioner and probably breaking/weakening fibers inside belt). I now modded that too - replaced belt with shorter version 260mm length instead of stock 275mm

meelis11 said:
I did and my belt tooths look like new after 900km. Max they were lasted was about 800-900km but breaking belt is due to stock design (wrapping belt over too small tensioner and probably breaking/weakening fibers inside belt). I now modded that too - replaced belt with shorter version 260mm length instead of stock 275mm
Do you have a picture of your belt side? What else did you have to mod to fit the 260mm?

r3volved said:
meelis11 said:
Do you have a picture of your belt side? What else did you have to mod to fit the 260mm?

I started my build thread today and added belt mod post there too :)
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68488&p=1032663#p1032663
(it was 475mm length, not 275mm - fixed in my thread)

meelis11 said:

yep i did. the motor pulley was particularly time-consuming...

i'm also using a much larger backside idler. less back-bending

btw i do a lot of off-roading that's why everything looks dusty LOL. some of my climbs are enough to stall the motor. probably contributed to the belt's early demise.

Overclocker said:
meelis11 said:

btw i do a lot of off-roading that's why everything looks dusty LOL. some of my climbs are enough to stall the motor. probably contributed to the belt's early demise.

It still looks like some of teeth are still sharp. Maybe you missed some sharp edges?
But id you are almost 1000km mark and belt has not broken - so less backbending must help :) Did you mod it immediately (no riding in stock conf)?
btw, what is your idler diameter?

meelis11 said:
Overclocker said:
meelis11 said:

It still looks like some of teeth are still sharp. Maybe you missed some sharp edges?
But id you are almost 1000km mark and belt has not broken - so less backbending must help :) Did you mod it immediately (no riding in stock conf)?
btw, what is your idler diameter?

30mm

yep i modded immediately

anyway i'm giving up on the belt. i've just hacked the 80t belt pulley and turned it into a "spider" for the new 80T #25 sprocket. motor sprocket is 11T. should give decent reduction. pictures coming soon

PS i believe the only way to make the belt system work is to have at least an 18T motor pulley. but this means a very high tooth count driven pulley if you want a good amount of reduction.

meelis11 said:
Why you give up - did you brake your belt or does belt skip?

D3dE8yg.jpg

while out on a ride the belt started giving out a screeching / tearing sound so i immediately headed home since i didn't want to have to pedal back home :evil: some teeth on the belt had already partially broken off

anyway here's what remains of the 80t belt pulley

Back