Luke is the Man, Inside batteries from Motorcycle.com

Two questions :D

1) So, are those solid-state batteries likely legit, then?

2) Given the assertions made on here that low-voltage, mega-current, many phase motors are the path to the future and enlightenment etc, will we soon be seeing Zero products incorporating such systems?

Yea that interview was great.

When I first joined the board and seen him in a pic with Fabio I knew he was someone special.

Then to see what he's done for the ev world blew me away.

Yeah, he's "smarter than you average bear, boo boo" I think he has actually been pedaling "real" bycycles for that weight reduction. Cyclocross stuff, and it shows :mrgreen: That beard does remind me of the old TV series Grizzly Adams :D

That was a fun one, I love how Luke is just telling it how it is!!!!

Here is a little piece about solid state batts in the WSJ earlier today:
http://www.wsj.com/articles/google-gets-into-battery-arms-race-1428694613

izeman said:
good video, but i will NEVER understand this 'werewolf beard thing', makes ppl look so robinson crusoe.

Its how a mans face looks who embraces his nature.

The human male face appearance you are comfortable with requires consuming time and resources towards the effort of styling/removing the naturally occurring dead protein extrusions that occur.

Unnecessary. I prefer to spend my life without the time wasted in customary "primping" exercises some choose for vanity or whatever.

liveforphysics said:
izeman said:
good video, but i will NEVER understand this 'werewolf beard thing', makes ppl look so robinson crusoe.
Its how a mans face looks who embraces his nature.
not my face ;) i don't grow a lot of facial hair ... i know women who can do better.
there was no offense intended and i'm sorry if it may have been seen as this. you for sure have a reason to do what you do :)

spinningmagnets said:
I'm waiting for some guy to post that Luke is just some tree-hugger who really doesn't understand internal combustion engines and their potential. For the new guys: Luke is a gasoline hot-rodder from way back, and he is uniquely qualified to compare the potential of the two...

Spinni, I am a gasoline hot-rodder from way back. In about 1990 I invented the perfect improvement to the piston engine.

Luke really does'nt understand the internal combustion engine as well as I do.

Unless Luky has also coincidently invented a perfect ICE.

Your move, Spinni.

doctorGONZO

nicobie said:
Anybody else think that this gonz guy is a rude idiot? All he does is shit on every thread he posts in. He contributes nothing of value and has an way oversized ego.

It's a good thing I don't run this joint because I'd give this obvious troll a permanent vacation.

100% agree, would ban also.

Beards rule, ICE sucks

It was a good interview, I shared on FB last week. I'm sure a lot of ICE lovers balked at it, but I would put my money on electric winning ultimately.

When I was watching the video I was all like...

tumblr_mkivgn6fYx1rkpfcgo3_500.gif

Back