V moto E max 120 s

Ok I've read a bit regarding proud eagle and the one thing that stands out with this controller is with the correct connectors is seems easier to programme than my Sevcon ,
So do you think you have bad connections or cables not connected on your rear light assembly ?

I also found a guy today on ebay who can supply 48 v 52 amp with BMS and charger and 1 year warranty lithium batteries for
£399 , battery brand powerhouse

Cheers kevin

I think something has been removed from the wiring loom which served to send signals from the brake levers to the Msu but need to see another emax of a similar era under the seat or a Msu schematic might help.

Couldn't find your eBay find do you have an auction item number, it seems too cheap to me.

Hi Kevin,
I found the reason why my 110S doesn't have a reverse button, I was mislead that my bike was manufactured in 2014, but in the meantime I've discovered that it was actually made in 2010. This means that it unfortunately is a pre-Sevcon model fitted with the Proud Eagle controller. I'm guessing Proud Eagle controllers don't have a reverse feature?

Does anyone know if Proud Eagle controllers are any good? From what I know the Sevcon Gen 4 is a much better piece of equipment, but what are the actual, practical differences between these two that make the sevcon better kit?
Cheers

Squall

I had a similar problem with mine in that the original owner bought the 120 s new ( its a 63 plate) but when i enquired regarding the two year warrantty they said my bike left the factory in 2010 so was out of warrantty but with mine being a 120 s it had the Sevcon controller and reverse button, all i know regarding the proud eagle if you goggle that controller is it sounds easier to programme than the Sevcon, my sevcon is 36v to 48 v there is a 72 v version for sale on Ebay but its £350.
I goggled sevcon controllers and they are in use in all sort of equipment mainly industrial like forktrucks but they are quite hard to programme from what ive read on this forum.

hope that info helps you Kevin

Hi squall,

My emax is the proudeagle controller type, I have two backup controllers (not yet tested) and a the official programming tool, where are you based?

Not sure if you received this so posted on forum

Sorry forgot to put the Ebay number in but this is just a battery he was selling so I asked him how much for a 48 v 40amp or 60 amp and his reply was what I told you £399 , I also asked him regarding BMS and warranty and firstly he said what is BMS and no warranty then he changed his mind and said it's with BMS and 1 years warranty so like yourself it made me wonder as anybody who sells or makes these batteries up knows what a BMS is , anyway why don't you ask the same question I've asked and see what response you get, the Ebay item number is 261568602969 and then I contacted him and asked him for what I wanted.
Have you sorted your brake light cabling yet ?

Cheers kevin

Kevin1963 said:
... 261568602969 battery he was selling so I asked him how much for a 48 v 40amp or 60 amp and his reply was what I told you £399...

This battery is 10Ah only!, 40Ah not to mention 60Ah must be several times dearer, even the tiny weight of 4.84kg indicates how small it actually is. There's no way 40/60Ah will be for £399 as well

whereswally606 said:
Hi squall,

My emax is the proudeagle controller type, I have two backup controllers (not yet tested) and a the official programming tool, where are you based?

Hi there,
I'm in Edinburgh. How do you find the controller in terms of reliability? Have you ever had any problems with it? I suppose there is no good reason just to upgrade the controller on its own if the Proud Eagle works just fine?
Cheers

Squall

The item number is for 48 v 10 amp , what I then did was ask him for a price for 48 v with either 40amp or 60 amp , he has given me a price of £399 for a 48 v 52 amp pack with BMS and charger , i will make further enquiries especially regarding the dimensions of the battery set etc , are there any other questions I should ask ?

Thanks

Kevin1963 said:
Squall

The item number is for 48 v 10 amp , what I then did was ask him for a price for 48 v with either 40amp or 60 amp , he has given me a price of £399 for a 48 v 52 amp pack with BMS and charger , i will make further enquiries especially regarding the dimensions of the battery set etc , are there any other questions I should ask ?

Thanks

If that is true, what is quite hard to believe (10Ah for the same price as 52Ah???) it is a brilliant price indeed assuming the quality is ok. I'd also ask what cells are used in this battery.

Squall, had some funny cogging in the motor but I think this was due to wires from the msu to the proud eagle controller being squashed under the seat, when I moved the wires so they were not being squashed the cogging stopped. only issue I have right now relates to my brake light. can you take a photo of your controller under the seat for me, I really would like to see where the wires from the msu on the right connecter (looking from the back of the bike) go to as 4 have been removed on my bike.

the problem I have is that the brake light is always on and the intensity doesn't change when the brakes are pressed.

thanks for any help you can be on this

Squall

The make of the batteries are Powerhouse , I don't know the brand myself do you ? If so what's your opinion of the brand

Cheers kevin

So took receipt of my latest eBay purchase on Friday. Was an emax 90s. Sold as spares or repairs. Today I repaired it. The msu had a dirty big carbon deposit where the 48v input had shorted at the molex connector anyway I got out my trusty electric tooth brush and some fairy liquid soap and cleaned up the carbon to reveal the real damage. It turns out not as bad as first appearances. I've soldered some turning 8awg straight to the remaining PCB and notched out the plastic in the case to accomodate the wires coming out the box from the side. Pleased to say the bike is running again now.
Here are some before and after cleaning. Final install pics to follow
download.jpg

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

Whereswally606

So what are you going to do with this one ? Have you sorted out your brake light issue yet ? And how are you batteries doing now ?

Hopefully cash flow permitting I'd like to upgrade them both to lithium packs. Still not solved the break light issue and not tested that on the 90s the 90s is in poor shape since it spent last year outside without a cover. Batteries in the 90s are in better shape but smaller capacity to start with. The lead acids may end up as a off grid solar bank. First thing is to pass the mots for the 110s and 90s and get my cbt.

Where's wally

I would have thought the wiring would be the same on both the bikes you have now so you should be able to trace any differences with the plastic sections off.
I cancelled the breakdown insurance on mind yesterday which I had run for the first three months just to make sure I wasn't going to have any issues mainly because the bike is so heavy with the silicon batteries in it , I've completed 400 miles on it now without any issues and I know I shouldn't wish it but conversion to Lithium should improve this bike performance by quite a bit but hopefully that's towards the end of the year, did you get that Lithium conversion data on your e mail ?
And what do you think ?

Wiring is identical bar the 90s has no side stand and thus one less wire connected under the seat which is to ensure on the 120s that you can drive off with the side stand down. I didn't get the lithium details in the email? Busy with building a conservatory at the moment and trying to get solar installed. Any idea when you will convert your emax to lithium?

Tried my programmer for the proud eagle converter just go an error on the screen saying drivers were off line, whatever that means? Bit annoyed by that but figure sooner or later I'd change the controller like flexy and others have done.

I've been tooing and froing with Wing Lan from Zhejiang GBS Energy Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.

the info I've got for 16s lifepo4 GBS cells (known to fit and used here by another ES member)

I inquired as to the cost of 3 packs at various ahs all 48v 16s type setup (no bms included so that would have to be factored in later)

basically cost per aH is 1.1$ so...

batteriesGBS.jpg

I went for 3 packs in the quote to calc shipping since Kevin expressed a desire to upgrade and I have a 90s and a 110s to upgrade.
So BMS not included but these I believe will be buyable from bms battery for £121

the image is a table of break down of cost.
summary:
a 48v 40ah pack costs £563
a 48v 100ah pack costs £1307

Costs would fall if we go for more cells/packs due to savings on shipping. (this is via air apparently too) any interest? This is to the UK

Whereswally

What's the guarantee on these batteries ? And would it be a case of just removing the old silicon batteries and connecting these in ?

Lithium would require a bms, and thus a CCCV charger too. But it's not rocket science. I've not idea about a guarantee. I can ask.

whereswally

Find out the price of a charger and the gaurantee if any so we can have a full price, we can then compare to the Quotes i had from V moto which was a full package batts / charger /BMS and two year gaurantee

batteries
charger
BMS
and whether a gaurantee is valid

cheers kevin

Can you resend the details of the vmoto offer as a pm

whereswally

herse that info

We have 2 options of the lithium kit.

A. Lithium without BMS
Capacity: 48V60AH
Battery warranty time: 16 months