XPD: open-source keywin e-bike lab replacement

Maybe it is all just down to compatibility with different controllers and the cables.
With my cables they only work with power off.

Fails every time with controller powered up.

When i try to install "pyserial-2.5.win32.exe"
This mensage appears:
b5h54i.jpg

Any one knows how can i solve it?

I'd say your best bet is google, in conjunction with the error message and your operating system details.

At a guess...32 bit app and a 64 bit OS..would not have expected it to get that far..but never know

A quick search brought tup this.

http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/72506/how-to-fix-runtime-error-r6034-an-application-has-made-an-attempt-to-load-th-c

read down, to another link in the answers...maybe something else has added or changed the real

The problem wound up being caused by a third-party application which had (improperly) put its own version of the runtime DLLs in the PATH. The solution in my case is given here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14552348/runtime-error-r6034-in-embedded-python-application/14680947#14680947

Well I just have had a Windows 8 computer in here. a totally clean install.

and I get the same error..but just continue..and the program seems to run.

not tried it with a controller connected yet though., but it seems to run fine

Ok, so I have two of methods controllers right before he shut down his site that host these files.

Would anyone still have these??

methods said:
Ok - I used this software and it is great. My intention here was to lay down a post with a rewording of the install... the original post makes it sound a little harder than it is and I am afraid that is scaring off a few folks. All you need is one link... you just have to do is go to the code depository and download two files - the prerequisite files and the XPD (both zip). Inside the prereq there are three executables that you run in the order posted. Then you can just dip into the XPD folder and run it.

But.. when I went to go get links they all appear to be dead (though they were working yesterday). I know this may make the developer cringe but I am going to post up an independent snap-shot on my server just in case things disappear (which has happened way too many times over the years). I also compressed everything into one single zip and labeled the software programs FIRST, SECOND, and THIRD since it confuses the shit out of me to install those version numbers out of order :mrgreen:

So look... this is how easy it is:

1) Download this single zip file: methods super retarded easy XPS install version

EDIT: Dont use that one for my controller, overshoot window is not set correct in defaults - use this

2) Extract it and look at what is inside - should look like this:

3) Install the three files in the order shown (you can delete them when you are done)

4) Open the XPD folder and run the program

Dude... Easy right?
You might have some USB driver issues but I don't at the moment so good luck finding those on your own.

NOTE: Programming is not 100% clear cut - you have to know what you are programming, what R12 is set to, etc. Assume nothing... so if you are having trouble my best advice is to set LVC all the way down to 10V. If you are using a LYEN tune on a stock controller I suspect he is already compensating for the R12 mod... so if you set LVC where you want it you may end up getting it like 30V higher than you expect. That is something I ran into.

In the end I think I ended up starting with an 18 fet tune and converting it over to a 24 fet and that worked. Have not played with it enough to determine what was hanging me up... but when you are sitting on a 13KW trike one tends to get a little impatient :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyhow much respect and a thousand thanks to anpaza for supplying this amazing software... just the simple touch of describing what functions do when you hover over them makes things so much better... if there is anything I can do in thanks let me know.

And FYI folks... that link I have is just a snapshot in time. If you follow his links you will get his latest source version which is usually a good idea. :wink:

-methods

anpaza said:
Try to find the most suitable profile by try and erro.
they differ only in the formulas for transforming Amperes to the units internally used by the controller (and, unfortunately, there is no way to deduce formulas from shunt milliohms because controllers may slightly differ in schematics of e.g. shunt voltage amplifier).

Could you perhaps produce a version of XPD where rather than us selecting a different profile to change how the voltage drop across the shunt is converted to amps, we merely enter a figure directly?
Yes we would still have to work with trial and error when outside the know values, but I guess internally in the XPD code there is only one figure that you personally have changed when creating the profiles for the 6 12 18 24 FE T controllers?

Weird, just received an e-mail that this thread had received a reply.
I come here, but no, no new post , mine was the last. Weird

NeilP said:
anpaza said:
Try to find the most suitable profile by try and erro.
they differ only in the formulas for transforming Amperes to the units internally used by the controller (and, unfortunately, there is no way to deduce formulas from shunt milliohms because controllers may slightly differ in schematics of e.g. shunt voltage amplifier).

Could you perhaps produce a version of XPD where rather than us selecting a different profile to change how the voltage drop across the shunt is converted to amps, we merely enter a figure directly?
Yes we would still have to work with trial and error when outside the know values, but I guess internally in the XPD code there is only one figure that you personally have changed when creating the profiles for the 6 12 18 24 FE T controllers?

This also affects regen current. ie You get different amounts of regen current with different fet number profiles, so if the meager few settings for regen force are insufficient, try a different profile, since until forward current limits we can't set the regen current to whatever we want.

I have migrated the project from Google Code which is going to be closed in August to SourceForge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xpd-ebike/

I've fixed the first post as well, and also I've added a link to a video I made to show someone how to install XPD on Windows.
The drivers issue is not covered in the video though, that depends on the USB-UART cable you have.

A couple of comments. One is that when there is an email indicating a new post but none is present that often means a spam post was deleted before you got to read it, thanks to the folks who do all the hard work to clean up the Sphere.

Also thanks for the work on XPD, it is great to have an alternative software and written in my favorite language. :)

The other comment is that SourceForge has gone to the dark side with new ownership and the world is moving to GitHub and BitBucket or Google Sites is also good for small projects. Watch the SourceForge downloads for nasty extra unasked for and unwanted software, I've had to clean a few computers after downloading from there and found browser takeovers and other undesirable things that came along for the ride. They are no longer the wholesome good guys they once were. Just say no to SourceForge!

Alan B said:
Watch the SourceForge downloads for nasty extra unasked for and unwanted software, I've had to clean a few computers after downloading from there and found browser takeovers and other undesirable things that came along for the ride. They are no longer the wholesome good guys they once were. Just say no to SourceForge!

OOOhh thanks for the warning

Alan B said:
The other comment is that SourceForge has gone to the dark side with new ownership and the world is moving to GitHub and BitBucket or Google Sites is also good for small projects. Watch the SourceForge downloads for nasty extra unasked for and unwanted software, I've had to clean a few computers after downloading from there and found browser takeovers and other undesirable things that came along for the ride. They are no longer the wholesome good guys they once were. Just say no to SourceForge!

Agreed. There are several of those sites to that sneakily install unwanted stuff such as their own toolbars along with other 'recommended' bits of malware/crapware. Download.com was a site I always used but now avoid as much as possible.
To get rid of the crap Ad-Aware (but make sure you go to their site for the download, their are malware programs using the same name), HitmanPro, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware are good, Emsisoft Anti-Malware (and Emsisoft Emergency Kit) are among the best but only offer a months trial- but worth installing for your free month.

Alan B said:
Since XPD is a python file rather than an exe it is less likely they can piggyback anything to it, so this applies more to executables.

No-one is saying it is the writers of Python that does this- it is the download sites adding their extra programs causing issues mentioned here- although there is also malware that include these unwanted items written into the install routines.

hi guys,
i just got my controller back from lyen and it is getting limited by the controller when i push the tree speed it accelerates and within 1 second it back off to± 20kmh when if first got 73kmh on my 72v battery..
the battery is fine for sure but the controller is acting stange.

and now when i try to program it it says this: upload failed: invalid reply byte ´fe´
can someone explane what this means?.
also with the lyen program it says: succeed but it isn´t.

any sugestions?
greetings louis

My first looks would be the simple stuff:
1 Is the controller set on the right mode - there are 2 possibilities for the speed mode. One is converse, I can't remember the other name used. One is a 3 speed mode needing a 3 way switch , the other is 2 speeds but needs a temporary make switch.
2 The switch. Those 3 speed switches aren't the highest quality so make sure that the switch is staying connected when switched- I had a problem with this a few years ago and had to mess around with contract spray to get it working. You can check if it's this in one of two ways
- by disconnecting the speed switch and check it's working properly by checking continuity in the different switch positions multi-meter, battery and light bulb etc.
- by disconnecting the switches connector and shorting the relevant wires on the controller side of that connection block ( bypassing the switch ) and test riding.

Hello im new to programming and have question .
Will it work with Lyen EB318? As there is no profile for Lyen EB318 . Should i use EB318 Cellman ? Or just EB318 ? Hope it make seance :roll:
Thanks

wytas696 said:
Hello im new to programming and have question .
Will it work with Lyen EB318? As there is no profile for Lyen EB318 . Should i use EB318 Cellman ? Or just EB318 ? Hope it make seance :roll:
Thanks

Just use the standard eb318 and set it to a low battery current ( 20A) phase current (50A) initially and then measure the peak current , also make sure the overcurrent detection delay is set to 0.0s

if the peak current ties in with what has been set then you know the profile is the correct one.

Hi, I was able to install all the files and launch xpd. I opened up the 12fet profile and made a few changes. After making the changes I hit "save" and got an error message saying "Failed to save profile permission denied"? Anyone ever get this message? Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• image1 (2).jpg
    image1 (2).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 11,430
You are trying to edit a Default Preset, and save that..cant do that

You have to a new one,which saves in My Docs/XPD by default.

So Hit Copy Button of th eone you want
rename it
Then Save.

This will then create an XPD folder within My Docs for your own Profiles.

Back