Raged Focus Black Forest 29er MAC 10T 40A Build log!

cwah said:
can you ask to get your bike repaid? driver was at fault

Yeah going through insurance now. Bit of a pain in the ass going through the whole process. See how much they will pay up then go on from there. That said, I'm still in no condition do do any exercise. Just a matter of closing off any open items so I can move on to the next project. (Marin 29er MAC10T or BBS02 =) ).

Just an update.... insurance paid out $1400 for my bike and gear. Slightly less than i wanted but they quoted wear and tear as gear was 1 year old =(... anyways, so now I'm back in the game shopping for parts.

Im still healing which sucks (grip is still weak) but build thread will be up when i have stuff ready.

nutspecial said:
Glad you're feeling better,
are you still thinking middrive?

Yah, trying to find a cheapish BBS02 locally so they can :

1) Install and torque it down properly as I'm a strong peddler.
2) provide a chainring adaptor and possible 48t or bigger (you sorta need to look at the frame to see what will fit)
3) have some knowledge to program it for throttle only use (I believe you can leave it at PAS 0 but not sure if you can set throttle power levels?)
4) remove the speed limiter?

At the moment, the bare BBS02 unit is looking at AUD$650 with crank remover tool so I'm looking at $800+ for everything. If I like it, I'll sell my MAC10T kit and recoup some of the expenses.

I'd normally do the install myself, but as I said, I'm still weak as shit (brain wants to do stuff, but body won't).

here's some body carnage pics

After accident :
hand_ripped_up.jpg

16 stitches :
hand_stiched_up.jpg

Let me know what tools you need. Happy to help out, have everything required to install BBS01, given I have already done it. This could save you some $$ in the meantime?

Happy to shoot over a chainring adapter - will send you a PM

Just bought a BBS02 750w so new build incoming... still trying to find a 16-17" 29er frame for a cyclocross build (what I originally wanted). Put some shimano sora 3500 STI levers and a drop bar to reduce wrist fatigue and I'm working on a cable pull throttle solution. (will be hella ghetto)

Just an update that my new build thread is here :

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=70549

Taking the opportunity to learn how to build a bike (previously bought full bikes and modified it).

So waiting for my BBS02 to arrive, I decide to electrify my Marin 29er with the old MAC 10T kit (always good to have 2 kits running right????. The AlexRim DM24 is buckled =( ... FFS.

Spokes look fine, but yeah... Is it ok to reuse the spokes on a new rim?

Back