E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

Allex said:
And OVS means overspeed =)
Also one of the most coolest things with it is that it calculates how much distance you can travel on a charge. When you are out, just connect the charger to the controller and it will count down the minutes left to full and also distance. You can also monitor every single cell through the display and balance them.
So it is not just a controller it is a Sine wave controller with a "CA" display but programmable on the fly, also a complete charging solution and battery managing solution(BMS). There no controller out there that can do all of these things at the same time.
It can take what ever power source out there, so if you have a 1800W server power supply you can fill upp your battery in less than 30minutes and go again!
Regular chargers takes everything from 2hours to 8 hours to recharge and it seems forever when you are used to a 30min charge.

How do you charge the packs today korpin? Do you need to split the packs? Many ppl do split the packs and charge their lipos with bulk solutions and then they need to balance them, a lot of time consuming work that just vanishes with Adaptto.

The adaptto controller solution really blows my mind. It's all the things these guys are saying even tho when dealing with things like this your used to being dissapointed.

The part that really gets me is who was the mad genius who came up with all of that and why has no one followed suit ?

I have only just gotten into hooking the thing up , but it's so well built it makes me feel like im light years ahead of where my other controllers are.

The controller is inside the frame up top near the seat post. It gets hot but haven't had any over heat problems yet. Really like the HPC motor / controller / battery combo. The HPC stuff is more money so at first I thought I was getting taken but after using it for a while I realize that they do work to improve there products and they are slightly different than regular Crystalyte for example. The Phasor is a pretty good platform, I like steel for durability, I think the swingarm is a little too long and I wish that the swing arm could accommodate the current fat bike 4" tires. I also think the Phasor has too much play in the swingarm mounting area, you can grab the rear tire and feel that this area has a bit too much side to side motion. Overall good handling.

Doing final touches on my controller/battery. Have the adappto mounted on the front of the frame behind the front tire.

How has anyone with a similar setup dealt with the wiring mess. Just wrap it around the bottom bracket ? Id prefer not
to do that just because it seems easier for them to get damaged , but the only option is to cut a hole in the frame and
then I have a new point where water can be forced in.

Putting that in the bottom of the frame so it could drip out seems like the only decent option. Still don't like to think about
drilling any holes in it to do so.

need to figure ot a cownling also for the controller. anyone with a 3d printer selling something ? PM me if so be interested.
I have the maxe. Pics soon (tm).

ohzee said:
Doing final touches on my controller/battery. Have the adappto mounted on the front of the frame behind the front tire.

How has anyone with a similar setup dealt with the wiring mess. Just wrap it around the bottom bracket ? Id prefer not
to do that just because it seems easier for them to get damaged , but the only option is to cut a hole in the frame and
then I have a new point where water can be forced in.

Putting that in the bottom of the frame so it could drip out seems like the only decent option. Still don't like to think about
drilling any holes in it to do so.

need to figure ot a cownling also for the controller. anyone with a 3d printer selling something ? PM me if so be interested.
I have the maxe. Pics soon (tm).

The only thing I could think of get yourself a larger 20mm (3/4") plastic loom and run that over the phase and sensor wires. I am with, you running those wires underneath the frame and BB does subject them to possible damage from debris. I will take a pic of my set up and post so you can get a visual.

ohzee said:
20S9P 25R cells. 3k MXUS V1. Adaptto maxe. Suntour Rux front shock. Fox rc2 I think rear shock.
Wheels by Roadrash.

be interested to know top speed and how well it climbs!

Thanks guys. Glad I finally feel worth of posting in Rodney's thread. Since I started my build I think he's completed 3 or 4. lol

I have a go pro so when it warms up some Ill get some good video. May need to get a new rear shock not sure yet need to measure it
the sprung and unsprung weight just hard to do solo. Just wish it was a bit stiffer. I have a 350 pd shock also so may need to
get something beefier. I weight about 200-205 anymore so at least Im not pushing 250 like when I first got the frame.

I still think David could make his web site a lot easier for the new to building a bike person like myself. In the end was wasted
money and I gained experience which is good. Maybe even if he offered someone a nice discount to help improve it. I cant think
that it would not help drive sales if he made it easier to outfit his bikes.

oh well rant off. Man 60mph on that thing - she seems solid. Need to dial in the controller some more. I love the charging
with the adappto. I cant say enough good things about that controller. It's like the you get what you pay for mantra. It delivers.

thinking of trying the new HPC frame...I like it except the bottom bracket is smaller which means I cannot use my existing schlump 30 x 75 drive and you cannot use straight cranks on the HPC which makes shifting harder...I cannot afford two bikes so is anybody interested in my phasor frame with 150 mm dropouts with the schlumph for 2000.00?

korpin said:
thinking of trying the new HPC frame...I like it except the bottom bracket is smaller which means I cannot use my existing schlump 30 x 75 drive and you cannot use straight cranks on the HPC which makes shifting harder...I cannot afford two bikes so is anybody interested in my phasor frame with 150 mm dropouts with the schlumph for 2000.00?

You have a pretty sweet ride now. You not happy with it ? I have read some of your posts and I know you have ran into issues , but in this hobby that seems like the norm.

Did you build your bike and have HPC assist with parts or did they do most of the work ? It does sound like they are pretty close to you so that is in your favor for helping with any bugs or issues that comes up. 2k for that is a steal. Would the HPC bike just be the basic frame and you'd move a lot of your components over ?

Issue I'm running into now is where to put anything like a basic toolkit, drinks or snacks. I went for my first real ride last night and it was ohh so smooth and when I aligned the brakes a bit better the only sound I had was my freewheel. Never have had a full suspension bike. My yuba had me spoiled for space since I could pretty much bring the kitchen sink and some. Still riding the phasor is a whole new experience. It tops out at 33 mph atm so I need to adjust the controller. Just need to spend some time reading up so I don't mess up something.

From a dead stop tho it's pretty easy in boost mode to get the front wheel off the ground which is new for me.

I ordered one of those bolt on seat post adapters so I could bring my tool kit and maybe rain gear etc.. Was looking for some kind of saddle type bag to sit over the frame behind the handlebars. Just most things I looked at were not 4 inches wide so still looking.

Need to get a kickstand also. Any suggestions ?

http://www.mopeddivision.com/tomos-style-black-kickstand-for-square-swing-arms-9-long/

Was looking at that and would adjust as needed. Going out soon to measure the 9 inches to see if it would work.

ohzee said:
You have a pretty sweet ride now. You not happy with it ? I have read some of your posts and I know you have ran into issues , but in this hobby that seems like the norm.

Did you build your bike and have HPC assist with parts or did they do most of the work ? It does sound like they are pretty close to you so that is in your favor for helping with any bugs or issues that comes up. 2k for that is a steal. Would the HPC bike just be the basic frame and you'd move a lot of your components over ?

Issue I'm running into now is where to put anything like a basic toolkit, drinks or snacks. I went for my first real ride last night and it was ohh so smooth and when I aligned the brakes a bit better the only sound I had was my freewheel. Never have had a full suspension bike. My yuba had me spoiled for space since I could pretty much bring the kitchen sink and some. Still riding the phasor is a whole new experience. It tops out at 33 mph atm so I need to adjust the controller. Just need to spend some time reading up so I don't mess up something.

my bike runs fine(ever since going to lyen controller)..i went over 50 miles the other day and NOT on flat ground....just like the HPC integrated charge port and hidden wires in frame..my bike has fittings for drink holder (controller heat sinked to frame)
I WOULD probably move my components over (except for schlumph since it is for bigger BB)

Attachments

• phasor-frame.jpg
    phasor-frame.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,172
looks like im out of excuses. My last order from hobbyking of wire and connectors is here so I should be able to get my phasor on the road in the next week. I believe its now been about a year since I started the project. Now I just need to talk the building manager into letting me run an extension cord to the bike locker so I can actually charge it at work. haha would suck after all that time to not be able to charge it (the whole damn point of this thing was a bad ass commuter.)

hah wingsuit. Yea after my 2+ year build im no longer the holdout ;p

I'm also in the same boat. Id like to ride this to work , but would like to charge it at work also. Was easier when I could remove the battery and just take it where i wanted , but with it built into the bike makes it a bit harder.

I really am enjoying my bike now. Even pedalling is pretty easy tho 15 mph is about it. Enough for the bike paths when people are around.

I may need to lube my headset tho I thought I did. When I turn at slow speeds with me on the bike I can hear a sound that's not grounding , but
like it should be smoother. I need to look into it more. My screws are all tight , but I wonder if the upper crown on my fork is maybe carrying
more weignt then the bottom or something ? Im new to these types of forks so need to do some research.

At least here in Ohio spring is finally showing up.

cannot believe it..I offered my frame WITH schlump drive for 2000.00 and not one bite???...I thought the frames alone were 2000.00 with shipping have they gone down?..the schlump drive alone was over 1200.00 total with shipping and import taxes

korpin said:
cannot believe it..I offered my frame WITH schlump drive for 2000.00 and not one bite???...I thought the frames alone were 2000.00 with shipping have they gone down?..the schlump drive alone was over 1200.00 total with shipping and import taxes

Korpin whoever gets your frame is getting a good deal, problem is, there are more players in DIY ebike market now. Vector will get you a frame for $625. You are really better off keeping your bike. You will take it in the shorts if you sell it.

Yea I agree. Market was small to start with and now there are all kinds of options.

It's also not been that much time and many people may not even read this thread unless they have a phasor so maybe put it in the for sale section if you want to gather more interest.

ohzee said:
Yea I agree. Market was small to start with and now there are all kinds of options.

It's also not been that much time and many people may not even read this thread unless they have a phasor so maybe put it in the for sale section if you want to gather more interest.

great idea...I like my phasor but like I said I like the intregrated charge port and hidden wiring on the new HPC frame

Korpin, hope you get a sale. Still hard to beat the Phasor frame though. Ohzee good to see you have finished your build. Have too agree that the mini and max-e are one of the best controllers that I've tried.

Yea If that's the sole reason for wanting the HPC bike then it's easy to remedy.

Id spent the money to get an addapto and buy a nice power supply to charge it keeping everything in the body of your bike.
I'm working on that part now so all I need to do after a ride is plug my ac into the bikes charger port.

Also please disregard if you already have , but if not can you do a test drive on one of the bikes your wanting to get from them ?

Thanks Rodney. Your build helped me a lot over the time of mine so your advice has been appreciated.

Allex said:
Why dont you fix integrated charging port? Very easy. And the rest of the wires...They looks like hidden on your frame?
also like the hidden/protected controller and believe it may be a few pounds lighter...I also like their battery compartment everything is neat and protected

dropped my MXUS motor,rim,tire,and tube at bike store today to get wheel built

also like to get adappto when its time to get batteries

Putting one of these together for a customer this month and it'll probably get a MXUS v2 from my stock added I would say.
Interesting threads to read above regarding the MaxE. Might put it to the customer.

SamD, 20S pack+ MXUSv2+ Max-E at 210 phase amps = awesome fun. I'm running one of your MXUS's on my phaser and couldn't be happier. The adaptto's are not cheap but the price is quickly forgotten in terms of liveability and performance. The MXUS with aluminium stator eats up the temp spikes nicely and the only issue I have had is that the disk screws as supplied are on the short side. To get the best of the adaptto recommend matching it with a high wattage charger (I am running an Eaton courtesy of Allex on forum) and you are looking at 30 minute turnaround to charge.

Back