I just got an ebikekit battery

The speedo on this kit is built into the wheel. There's no external magnet attached to the wheel. The kit has to be turned on for it to work. This is the link to the kit I have. http://www.ebikekit.com/electric-bike-conversion-kits/electric-bike-conversion-kits-without-battery/direct-drive-hub-motor-conversion-kit/front-500w-direct-drive-motor-kit/. I bought the battery a few months after I bought the kit because I already had to working 36V packs.

My dealer doesn't have any spare parts. He orders on a purchase to purchase basis. He pays his full re-seller's cost out of pocket and lets me make payments. He actually lost money on the kit itself. He ordered the kit a week before ebikekit discontinued it but they failed to inform him so ended up paying his full resell cost plus shipping and still sold me the kit at the new discontinued price.

everybody who sells ebike stuff loses money. it is amazing that anyone tries to get into it as a business imo.

if your speedo reads low then there is little chance of it slowing you down below the 19mph max because of the euro speed regulations.

Why would I need to worry about EU speed regulations, I'm in California? I've already figured out that the top speed of my kit is a little over 30 mph at 48V.

On a ride a couple of days ago, the check throttle icon blinked on for a second so I checked it but nothing was loose.

Sometimes when I accelerate I lose all the bars on the battery meter on the monitor gauge but when I let go of the throttle all the bars come back and it works fine. This happens randomly. It happens when I just start my ride, a couple of miles in etc.

E-BikeKit™ Rear 500-1000w Direct-Drive Hub Motor Conversion Kit

Temporarily out of stock. Expected ship date is June 1st, 2015. Pre-order now!

The E-BikeKit™ 500-1000w direct-drive conversion kit is powered by a gearless BLDC hub motor. This electric bike conversion kit without battery pack, is for riders that want the simplicity and reliability of the 500w direct-drive hub motor and the option of supplying their own 36 volt or 48 volt battery pack. Direct-drive motors are strong, durable and long-lasting due to zero internal friction.

Who's it for? This kit is ideal for heavier applications with total loads (rider and gear) over 250lbs.

Any battery chemistry (Li-ion, LiFePO4, Lithium Manganese, Lead-Acid, etc.) is acceptable, as long as the voltage is 36v or 48v AND the battery is capable of 22Amp continuous discharge. The Amp Hour (AH) battery specification is an indication of a battery's capacity. A battery capacity of 10ah will typically deliver 20 miles / 32kms range.

The E-BikeKit™ is designed for convenience, performance, and reliability.
With an LCD dashboard control panel and 36v/48v 12FET controller, the system is easy to install and even easier to use. All E-BikeKit system components are compatible with both 36 volt and 48 volt battery packs. The controller and LCD are also compatible with all motor types offered by E-BikeKit.

Learn More: Top 25 FAQ / Front vs Rear Wheel / Compatibility

Conversion Kit Specs:

Watts (Nominal/Peak): 500-1000w (EBK 22amp controller)
Top Speed: Approx. 14 MPH @36v in 26" wheel / Approx. 20 MPH @48v in 26" wheel
Range: Depends on battery capacity(AH), total load, rider input and terrain
Performance: Medium
Efficiency: Low
Stealth Factor: Low

Battery: Not Included
Charger: Not Included

Any battery chemistry (Li-ion, LiFePO4, Lithium Manganese, Lead-Acid, etc.) is acceptable, as long as the voltage is 36v or 48v AND the battery is capable of 22Amp continuous discharge. The Amp Hour (AH) battery specification is an indication of a battery's capacity. A battery capacity of 10ah will typically deliver 20 miles / 32kms range.

Back