Fully Adjustable motor mount for Caliber

psychotiller

10 kW
I've been working on a new mount for Caliber trucks and they'll be in my hands on 6/15. Features and benefits include: Bolt on with M5 clamp and 2 M4 set screws to eliminate slip, Fully adjustable mount angles, built in motor guard, One piece mount plate. Compatible with any deck you want and giving you the ability to set up any style mount you want. (drop down, top mount, kick tail, FWD, dual diag.,Drop through, no risers...) I Hope to have flex clamps for Randall, Aeon, Atlas, and Gunmetal trucks soon too!

edit- Onloop is right, not reversible for now.

Nope! No plastic inserts and m4 set screws to eliminate movement before it occurs. Those do look pretty though.

mccloed said:
Do you have pricing figured out yet? Might be interested...

Once I sort out the hardware I'll let you know. Most likely around the $100 mark.

Like this one :) ???

Anyway good on you for having a go I hope you bring some awesome products to the table.... in many years from now there will be a few key suppliers in the electric skateboard parts industry... you may well be one of them.

enertion_single_kit_1__07213.1431766118.1000.1000.jpg

Let me explain in more detail my design, The new Enertion motor mount is Height adjustable by a few degrees (the carbon fiber motor plate can pivot, up & down, on the three stainless steel pins)& it does have M4 set screws perpendicular to the truck hanger like you are suggesting..... I think its worth pointing out that the mount will not shift along the hanger if you have the correct clamping geometry, So I mostly introduced the new feature of, sets screws perpendicular to hanger, to prevent rotation on non caliber/enertion trucks, such as Paris that has a nearly round shaped hanger, there is no geometry to prevent rotation, so the set screws can clamp down and prevent it. This makes the enertion product a bit more "hackable" so people can experiment with mounting it to different trucks. For example I mounted it to a sort-of-octagonal-round-oblong shaped fibreglass handle on a hammer in the shed. The clamp forces held it very well, but with the set screws it could not rotate around the axis of the handle.

Although my new mount design is not reversible. I did seriously consider it, I think there is some benefits to having rear mounted motors, however IMHO there are not enough benefits to warrant this configuration, the main reason I did not go through with this is because of the truck geometry.

See in this picture, side profile at bottom right, the axle is not in the center, it is much closer to the right side.
images

To offer a motor mount that is reversible the centre distance must be increased substantially to give the motors clearance of the pivot-cup assembly. Increasing the centre distance increases the belt size and also amplifies the forces on the clamp & hanger. Its like increasing the length of a lever, it gives you more leverage & amplifies small flexing/vibrating that might occur at the end of the cantilever. Also if you do actually want the motor mount installed on the "inside" then you will encounter more issues with deck clearance & will need to angle the motor upwards (assuming the motor mount is angled downwards) away from the deck, which puts the motor closer to the ground making it more likely to to be damaged by debris on the ground.

Please don't be discouraged by my comments, it is just my opinion, my intentions are to simply share my knowledge & experience of designing motor mounts. Trial & error can be very expensive! and delay your project substantially.

@onloop,
I doubt there's any competing with you. I actually, if you look at my builds, have had this in the works for awhile. Not so much to flood the market, but to make the obviously sought after builds possible. I noticed you had some play on the mount plate and was pleasantly surprised. Mine go a little further and will allow even a double drop deck to work, mounted drop thru, in front of or behind the truck. With all of the in deck mounted batteries and your low profile battery we should see some serious race builds hit the forum soon.

edit- forgot to mention, that with set screws and a slight modification to the hanger I have mounted some of my non-adjustable mounts to Randall trucks. They are employed inside the pivot, deck mounted drop-through, one of the builds using a drop down deck. No clearance issues with the ground or the deck. 60mm center to center distance. (I have always hated long motor brackets and have never had one of mine bend or break) I see what you're saying and will test it soon.

:lol: This ain't my first rodeo!

You guys are making some awesome products and I hope you will be the future of commercial electric skateboard products. My DIY ones look like a second grader made them but I'm proud of them. lol :D

psychotiller said:
:lol: This ain't my first rodeo!

sweet bro, I am sure you will prevail.

after i wrote my post & read it again, it sort of sounded like i was being a dick. I really didn't want to come across as a pretentious know-it-all...

i cant wait to see the developments, i have always liked your builds...

kwoolf1 said:
You guys are making some awesome products and I hope you will be the future of commercial electric skateboard products. My DIY ones look like a second grader made them but I'm proud of them. lol :D

Thanks! This is an especially special forum. I've belonged to a few, even built some motorcycle stuff, but the things that have happened on this forum in the last year have been no less than mythical.
newpaint2.jpg

torqueboards said:
psychotiller said:
Nope! No plastic inserts and m4 set screws to eliminate movement before it occurs. Those do look pretty though.

My setup is all 7075 no plastic inserts. The truck mounts also have M4 set screws as well on the truck clamp.

Can't wait to see your mounts though :)

Oh cool! Sorry, I guess mine are just like yours :wink:

Pediglide said:
Knowing your abilities dude, I know this is going to be awesome. Let's ride! :twisted:

Yeah! I want to try your hub motors too!

buzztiaan said:
Awesome! Would love to see your Randal work :)
Will your eventual Randal mount work without requiring the hanger to be modded?

Working on that right now.

I got my caliber mounts back from the Powdercoater today. Gloss Black. If anyone is interested I'm going to post in the for sale section in the morning. Here are a couple of 3D images. I'll post real pictures tomorrow as well. $100 shipped (USA) $110 (International)
View attachment 1

longhairedboy said:
psychotiller said:
Sale thread: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=70143

Oh wow. This looks very steam punkish lol

What'd you call me?! :p

Back