new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learn about stator saturation so you can teach me.

Also, so you can turn those 1kw motors into thermally managed monsters. I'm willing to bet that given the right mods, you could run 3-5kw in those 1kw Direct Drive motors. Probably not so much from the mid-drive motor.

http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/100mm/tp100-inrunner-brushless-motor-rc-boat-150kv-23000w/

Im in. It should keep up with that E tech motor liveforphysics is running on the west coast. I will have to wait on my SSI disability settlement and a good life insurance policy however.

Until then though this is a really good idea and the most affordable I have seen

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/48V-1500W-Central-Drive-High-Speed-Brushless-DC-Motor-5600RPM-Electric-Toy-Scooter-Brushless-Motor/2011462739.html

I may just order this one next month. I still am going to study the Astro motors and gear reduction. I still would like to know about cheap gear reduction systems which are easy to install.

The 5600 rpm motor above will not require gear reduction with a 24" wheel. The wheel sprocket size will be around 50 or 60 tooth for 35mph I think. I will check it with DAs formula.

I am really happy about the new posts. Keep them coming. DA , Sunder and Dan. I would like to see you guys post again also.

I am in a slump as far as income and money for a new build plus I sold the Specialized. That is ok though as next month I will have a 24" bike for my next build. I may put two motors on it. LOL

Keep posting guys. I am looking forward to it. I now have a new dream motor. Thanks. I will be back here at the library on Friday. Thanks

LC out.

latecurtis, that is a motor I also want but shipping will make it to expensive for me :cry:
I sometimes dream of living in China in the woods and then I can go out and buy the coolest E-bike stuff for super cheap :mrgreen:
I think that motor with triple reduction will be awesome!

As the Hub Motor Turns and the Lipo Fire Burns.

I just sent LiveForPhysics a message. He will know how that motor rates. He is a motor expert and has race bikes that do over 100mph. I am looking forward to his response. I have a post "Motors over 10 killowatts" It is an old post that has not been very active. He may respond on it I hope. There are several videos on that post of e bikes racing and beating gas motorcycles and cars. They are totally awesome to watch. That motor you posted looks like it may have 100mph + capabilities.

The trick is keeping the bike on the ground and in one piece at that power level. LiveForPhysics is the expert in that field. E bikes with that level of performance are fairly new and only a few people have experience with them. Like DA said many things can go wrong with a bike with that much torque and speed. The faster the bike goes the more dangerous it is.

I would like to see drag racing e bikes turn into a sport. There will be many safety precautions I am sure. I am looking for a 24" frame next month. I wish I could jump into that dream motor of yours but may have to wait until I get more money and a better knowledge of how to build a bike that will handle that kind of power. Also I have no idea what type of battery set up will adequately power a motor with a 23 kilowatt peak rating. DA would know the answer to that. I wish he would post something.

I will most likely be ordering the other motor you posted for now. The 1,500 watt 5600 rpm motor. I wont need any gear reduction for that with a 24" wheel.
However I will still be studying gear reduction and rebuilding DC motors. I want to learn how to rebuild and rewind DC motors. I have an old Currie 24V 450W motor I burned out about two years ago now. I wish there were a rebuild kit with new brushes for it and I wish I were knowledgeable enough to rebuild it.

I love building e bikes and installing motors and possibly learning to rebuild motors almost as much as actually riding them. Unfortunately my limited income prevents me from doing either most of the time. It has been almost two years since I got my first e bike, the Currie and I upgraded and installed a new motor. I also built a second bike with a hub motor. The Trek. That would have never happened without the help of fellow ES members sending me most of the parts. Basically all I supplied was the bike. Both builds were totally successful and either bike will roll about 25 to 27mph on the flat and go up most hills that are not really steep.

Without this forum I would probably not have succeeded on either build. I really hope that my finances will improve and I can build a 35mph bike next. The bike will happen within the next two weeks. A 24" mountain bike frame with disk brakes if possible. The 1500 watt motor will most likely be the choice for that build. I will still be studying gear reduction and will be looking at the line of Astro motors as well as investigating that 23 kilowatt powerhouse that was recently posted. Thanks.

LC out.

Also Skalabala. That fish is awesome! I never caught one that big. I am going fishing this weekend. I also love fried fish with garlic and lemon pepper. I bet he was tasty.

Thanks LC.

latecurtis said:
Also Skalabala. That fish is awesome! I never caught one that big. I am going fishing this weekend. I also love fried fish with garlic and lemon pepper. I bet he was tasty.

Thanks LC.

You must buy that motor and let me know if it was worth the money :oops:
I only eat the small ones :mrgreen: They are more tasty :p A few yours back I brought 24 big mouth bass bake home

I personally think that motor has some potential :D

1. motor rpm x motor sprocket ÷ wheel sprocket = wheel rpm (revolutions per minute)

2. wheel size" x 3.14 ÷ 12" ÷ 5280' = mpr (miles per revolution)

3. rpm (revolutions per minute) x mpr (miles per revolution) = mpm (miles per minute) x 60 minutes = mph (miles per hour)

2600 * 11 = 28600 / 60 = 476.6

24 * 3.14 = 75.36 / 12 = 6.28 / 5280 = .001189

476.6 * .001189 = .566 * 60 = 33.96mph.

60 tooth is the wheel sprocket size. 11 tooth = motor sprocket.

520 * .001189 = .61828 * 60 = 37mph with 55 tooth wheel sprocket and 11 tooth motor sprocket.

I will be going with the 55 tooth sprocket on a 24" wheel 37mph may not be possible according to DA but it should go 35mph easily at 1,500 watts.

Are you referring to the 23 kilowatt peak motor or the 1500 watt motor? The 2300 watt one is for a 100mph plus drag racing suicide e bike. The 1500 watt motor is the one I will be building now and I already have the correct sprocket sizes.

latecurtis said:
Are you referring to the 23 kilowatt peak motor or the 1500 watt motor? The 2300 watt one is for a 100mph plus drag racing suicide e bike. The 1500 watt motor is the one I will be building now and I already have the correct sprocket sizes.

The 1500W one. Have to go sleep now. It is 23:34 here :shock:

I used to build giant fish tanks. I built a 100 gallon 6 foot long tank and had a few small mouth bass a couple blue gill and a small mouth bass as well as a few asion swamp eels in there as pets.

I had them for two years but when I moved I had to return the fish that were native to the Mohawk river. I still have 5 Asion swamp eels in a 55 gallon aquarium. They are hand fed 36 large Canadian night crawleers every week. They are totally tame and can be petted and handled gently. They just don't like being picked up out of the water. I posted a video somewhere on this post awhile back showing how I set up the custom underwater environment and them getting hand fed. I will look for it when I get time or post another video. I love critters. I bought them from an asion grocery store live with food stamps. I have been into exotic pets since I was a kid.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gear+reduction+box++for+e+bikes&noj=1&site=webhp&tbm=isch&imgil=suCBq9YXmut-tM%253A%253B-yV1KucIPxVXEM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Felectricbikereport.com%25252Fglossary-of-electric-bike-terms%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=suCBq9YXmut-tM%253A%252C-yV1KucIPxVXEM%252C_&usg=__zuoCpEuryN4RXQK3M2UjJ1g4acA%3D&biw=1333&bih=633&ved=0CDsQyjc&ei=NI1nVevDBovvsAXagYHABA#imgrc=suCBq9YXmut-tM%253A%3B-yV1KucIPxVXEM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Felectricbikereport.com%252Fwp-content%252Fgallery%252Felectric-bike-factory-friction-drive-kit%252Felectric-bike-factory-friction-drive-motor.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Felectricbikereport.com%252Fglossary-of-electric-bike-terms%252F%3B800%3B534

I found this on google. I am going to the electric city bike rescue club. I got no money but am still going. Next week I will have the money for the 24" bike for my next build.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leah-Reduction-Gear-Box-Dual-Sprocket-for-47cc-49cc-Pocket-Bike-/201348508603?hash=item2ee14e6bbb&vxp=mtr

That is the lowest price gear reduction unit I have seen which can be ordered. Most were over $300. I am glad I wont be needing gear reduction for the next build.
It looks complicated. Thanks. on my way to the bike club.

LC out.

I just collected the rest of the money for the Specialized. I bought it for $43 and sold it for $30. I only rode it a couple of times. I wish I had big money like that to spend. I will ask LiveForPhysics how that motor rates. He would know. I did not find a 24" bike at the bike club last night. Hopefully next week. I will have the money then. For now I will be happy with the 1500 watt motor and 35mph.
Maybe someday I can afford a motor like that. I wonder what motor that gear reduction motor would work for. I wish DA would post. He would know. I probably wont need gear reduction on my next build but I still want to know about it.

I really wish I could take e bike building to the next level someday and actually start a business online doing custom builds and upgrades. I still want information about rebuilding and rewinding DC motors. I still have the burnt Currie motor. If I could get a rebuild kit cheap I would do that just for the learning experience. That is if I had the knowledge.

I hope to maybe get internet next month so I can do more research. Any information about rebuilding and rewinding DC motors will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LC out.

As the Hub Motor Turns and the Lipo Fire Burns.

1. motor rpm x motor sprocket ÷ wheel sprocket = wheel rpm (revolutions per minute)

2. wheel size" x 3.14 ÷ 12" ÷ 5280' = mpr (miles per revolution)

3. rpm (revolutions per minute) x mpr (miles per revolution) = mpm (miles per minute) x 60 minutes = mph (miles per hour)

3000 * 11 = 33000 / 60 = 660

20 * 3.14 = / 12 = 62.8 / 5280 = 9.911616161616162e-4

9.911616161616162e-4 * 550 = .6541666666666667 * 60 = 32.7mph.

The front stone steps of my apartment needed repairing. The land lady blames it on the Currie. It was not my fault but I got the blame. Also the walls are scraped up going up the stairs and the paint is scraped off the stair rail locking up the Currie and the Trek.

I am really close to punching the land ladies husband in the face and my ol lady wants to stab the lady down stairs for complaining about my bike in the hall way. My blood pressure is sky high and I am ready to kill somebody.

However I am going to try to solve the problem. Doug wants to sell me a really nice 26" Shwinn for the front motor kit which is on the Trek. Dougs girl friend wants the Trek back as a pedal bike. I want to trade the 26" Trek for a 20" Diamond back.

I will be storing the 26" Schwinn in a closet and wont be using it until I move as I am done lugging heavy cumbersome bikes up and down stairs. I will also be storing the Currie in the closet until I move. I am taking the MY1020 motor off the Currie and hooking it up to the 20" Diamond back. I will be mounting the SLAs to the frame somehow.

This is all happening really soon. The bike shop will be installing the new sprocket on the 20" bike. It may be heavy but wont be as cumbersome and wont touch the stair railing or the walls and I will be carrying it up the steps. I will also be ordering the 48V controller this month so I can use the Lipo packs with the 20" Diamond back.

I am utilizing my intelligence to try and solve the problem instead of committing a felony assault. However that is as far as I am going. If the F_ _ _ _ _ g Bitch says one more wrong thing after that her husband is getting drilled hard in the face and my ol lady can do what ever she wants to the land lady. We have had enough.

Anyway two new builds are happening right now. I will be at Dougs installing the MY1020 motor on the Dimond back and the front hub motor on the Schwinn. Schwinn is not my favorite bike but it is a really nice bike with a classic look. I will have my camera and will be taking pictures of both builds in progress.

I do not have a lot of time so the #25 60 tooth sprocket is something I will need to order tonight or tomorrow. I would like two day shipping so I don't have to be any further inconvenienced. I certainly would appreciate the link for that as I will be really busy working on both bike projects. Please help me if you can. Thanks.

LC out.

I ordered the sprocket. Thanks for the links.

The hub motor is now on the Clear Creek Schwinn. The bike is gorgeous. Unfortunately my hard drive on my desk top took a shit and I no longer have a video converter program. I did a video of the new build this morning. The Currie is also stripped and the MY1020 motor is now installed on the Diamond back.

The Diamond back also looks great. Hopefully I will have pictures and video to post by Friday. I take the video and convert it to wmv and run it thru windows movie maker and take pictures with that. The pictures post without resizing them in windows paint. The videos I post are converted to MP4 with the converter. Without the converter I cant post pictures or video. Thanks.

LC out.

As the Hub Motor Turns and the Lipo Fire Burns. Special post. Title., Full circle.

New Ezip motor. chapter 2. Build #4 completed.

Build #1 was the original Currie ezip motor upgrade with the 3,000 rpm 1,000W 48V MY1020 motor.

Build #2 was the 48V 1,000W Hub motor installed on the Trek which runs both SLA and Lipo.

Build #3 is the Clear Creek Shwinn with the hub motor from the Trek.

Build #4 is a 20" Dimond Back Viper with the motor off the Currie installed on the back.

Build #3 and 4 were accomplished in the last three days.

I was up until dawn yesterday installing the motor on the Dimond back with the same bent up hardware from the Currie upgrade and any nuts and bolts I could scrounge up. I installed the controller, wiring and throttle from the Trek to the Schwinn Monday night with electric tape only as I had no zip ties.

I paid Ricky $30 to switch the 80 tooth sprocket from the Currie to the Dimond Back. It was not an easy job. The sprocket on the 20" wheel was severly rusted. We did not have the tool to do it the easy way so we had to pound it off with a hammer and chisel. A hammer and nail was used to shorten the chain and Ricky knew about the master link as grew up working on bikes and we got it going.

He is an execellent mechanic taught by his father. The threads were different and we had to find a different inner sprocket ( the part that screws on the axel) which bolts to the 80 tooth sprocket. We also had to file down The inside of the 80 tooth sprocket for the better part of an hour to get it to fit.

I installed the controller from the Currie inside the basket I mounted on the front of the Dimond Back. The 16 guage speaker wire was also the same color blue as the bike. It is doubled up. two 16 guage wires to each motor wire. The positive speaker wire has a white stripe the other is solid blue. both are spliced into one of the motor wires and the same thing for the other motor wire.

I taped up all the non sense wires ( brake sensors and other useless wires) I hooked up the negative power wire from the battery to the power switch that was on the back of the controller box of the Currie. a 14 guage wire comming from the switch to an alligator clip for the negative 36V connection.

The three throttle wires were hooked up red to red. black to black and white to blue. I did not know if the switch was in the on or off posistion. It was not marked. No sparks or power to the motor on the first attempt. It was then I asked Ricky to help.

I told him if we could get it going today I would give him $30. Ricky is above average mechanically inclined. If Ricky cant fix it then there is a good chance it cant be fixed. He works on everybodys car and is into all car electronics and going to college.

He looked at the controller and told me what I already knew. It was Chinese and he did not have a clue. I had a clue though as I was the one who unhooked it from the Currie. I knew that two of the plugs I taped off had red and black wires. They were brake sensors. Another plug was taped off when I unhooked it and there was a Candance sensor. Not it.

The plug I picked to be shorted was a red and blue wire going to an unmarked plug. I was pretty sure the plug connected to it went to the switch and I was right. I asked him to get a thin wire and short the terminals while I tried the switch and throttle. I had the switch right to as when I flicked it up the motor sprocket spun. All I had to do was switch the motor wires to get the motor sprocket to spin in the right direction. I cut off the plug and twisted the wires togeather and taped them up. We had to tighten the chain up twice but we got it rolling.

My night was far from over as I made a foolish mistake not switching the forks over that Dan sent with the kit already installed. The Shwinn actually had a hub motor installed as you will see when I post the pictures. The brake sensor wires were cut off and the original owner had a 50 mph hub motor I was told by Douge. I am doubting that.

I had to file the inside of the forks for at least 1/2 an hour to keep it from rubbing. I did not save the hose clamps when uninstalling the hub motor from the Trek and the Mozo shocks Dan sent. I have a feeling I may regret that and may find some shocks to trade Doug to get those Mozo shocks Dan sent back. There was defentally a hub motor on the Shwinn but I think it was smaller than the one I have and I seriouslly doubt it went 50mph. I think the Mozo shocks are better.

At first glance I did not notice any lawyers lip on the shocks on the Shwinn. However When I looked closer I noticed that there is a lawyers lip but it is very small. The Mozo forks were maby 1/8 inch Lawyers lip. The shocks on the Shwinn are mabye 1/16 or less. There is no way I could find a washer that thin. I did the best I could to get the job done.

The other thing I wish I could have done better is the motor bolts on the MY 1020 motor. When I installed it on the Currie I could not get the right size motor bolts at the right length and had to settle with threaded rod much smaller in diameter then the motor bolts which came with the motor. Only two bolts came with the motor and there were two holes for bolts to install the motor.

Both of these builds were done without the proper tools or the ideal parts. Improvising is an understatment to say the least here. Doug stopped by when me and Ricky were working on filing down the sprocket and he said "OH you got to go to the bike shop and spend $15 for the correct size sprocket and $5 for labor". Doug had a friend with him with a car and he needed gas money.

Doug was saying the sprocket was wrong. I asked Ricky and I also saw the sprocket was spinning in the right direction. I just kept on filing. Doug was not happy becouse Ricky was smarter than him and his friend needed gas money. That held us up for about a half hour but we still got the job done. If it were not for Doug though I would not own a classic Shwinn.

I did the best I could with what I had for the torque arm and reinforcing the forks without hose clamps and parts of a torque arm or 1/16" washers. The same goes for the MY1020 motor bolts and hardware. I just hope everything holds up until I can get better tools and hardware to redo it all better.

I have no idea where to get the right bolts at the right length for the MY1020 motor. However I will be looking harder and am also getting flat steel 1/3" thick bar at 3 foot sections and wide enough to drill holes large enough to run an axel through and extend the forks if I want to. I am also investing in better tools.

The 20" bike with the MY1020 motor only goes about 15mph with the 80 tooth sprocket. It should climb hills nice though and am soon going to test that. The 62 tooth sprocket is ordered and I will be reinstalling the motor with superior hardware soon and upgrading to a 48V controller and four 10 Ah SLAs hopefully in the next six weeks.

I did a lot of cursing and am sure my blood pressure went sky high with the level of difficulity doing these two projects. I am seeking a complete drill bit set capable of heavy duty drilling thru thick steel and lots of hardware. Extra nuts and bolts and a good hack saw with extra blades.

It is impossible to post photos and video right now but when I can it will show the work done. All is temporary and subject to major upgrades hopefully soon. We will now mention the Full circle thing and chapter two. The Currie is stripped out and needs a new motor. The pictures will show the rear framework of the Currie with no motor or battery pack in was intended for.

In all my years riding bikes I never saw a rear rack set up stronger than the Currie. However that white rear rack on the Schwinn is a close runner up. Very strong. If I could mount a seat I could probably haul the ol lady around on it. I will not be choosing anything less than 3 killowatts for the new Currie motor upgrade.

Thanks again and the pictures and video will be up soon hopefully. I have had no time to mess with computers. everything is on my Cannon camera. I installed a new hard drive but am not online and cant download and install the programs I need. I will need a day or so to get any video converter.

Everything is an improvise or a comprimize. My laundry is backed up and there is no food here. I have not made it to the gym in at least a week. I will have to use a shopping cart for laundry now and make five or six trips with a back pack to haul the same amount of groceries I could do with one trip with the Currie. The Shwinn and the Dimond back each have one small basket for batteries but no baskets for anything else. Thats why the Currie was still the best functional e bike. The batteries were mounted in the frame. I need a new motor for the Currie. This post lives on. Thanks again.

I wrote this just before dawn and am now at the library downtown. The Schwinn rides like a dream. It even has a shock under the seat. Now I know why they are so popular. It is the most comfortable bike I have ever rode. I am being extra easy on the throttle when taking off. So far so good. It should last until I get better hardware. Thanks

LC out.

I just downloaded any video converter on to my thumb drive. If it installs when I get home I should have something up sometime tomorrow afternoon.

latecurtis said:
I just downloaded any video converter on to my thumb drive. If it installs when I get home I should have something up sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Some pictures will also be great bud :D

I got the 62 tooth sprocket in the mail today however I will not be able to use it. The chain pooped off the Diamond back yesterday. I loosened up the motor brackets and moved them back to tighten up the chain. Another friend was helping me and the motor sprocket was not lining up to the wheel sprocket. We were working on it outside and I went up stairs to look for a pair of vice grips and the idiot tapped on the side of the motor with a hammer to try to line up the sprockets.

I did not know about it until later when the dude told me what he did and apologized. When I got the brackets tight and reinforced I went to try it and the wheel sprocket would not turn. I took off the chain and wheel and found that the motor sprocket was not turning. I went into a fit of rage and picked the bike up over my head and slammed it into the sidewalk several times. I have worked on the bike for the better part of a week all for nothing. My patience wore out.

This afternoon I took the motor apart and found the problem. The brushes are ok and the internal copper windings and motor shaft are in decent condition.
There are four magnets on the inside of the motor casing that are stationary. The copper assembly and shaft spin inside the four magnets. One of the magnets are broke into pieces and there are little shavings throughout the motor. I can clean up those with my shop vac. However I will need to replace the broken up magnet with a new one. My question is , Where can I get one? Will I need to order all four or can I just get one.

Money is an issue as usual and there is no more money. If I can replace the magnet and get the motor spinning again I will need a longer chain as I want to mount the motor under the seat to the frame of the bike using new double brackets and large U clamps or muffler clamps if I can get them large enough. That way I wont need longer motor bolts and it will also be a more low profile look. I will be mounting a rear rack and basket which will hide most of the motor.

Unfortunately I don't have much hope at all in finding a new magnet and fixing the MY1020 motor. I not only have terrible luck but I also just don't have the money. I am starting to feel like Sunder did a while back when his e bike broke and he said his interest is Waning. I feel like I am beating my head against a brick wall. There is no way I can afford a new motor any time soon. If I had money like that I would have left the motor on the Currie and ordered a motor kit for the Diamond back.

I am downtown at the library now as I had to go to social security today. The Schwinn with the hub motor and the Lipo packs are working flawlessly. It rides like a dream. Notice in the video how gently I take off with it. I do not want any thing to break of the Schwinn as now it is my only running e bike or bike period. I will be doing more walking and only riding when necessary now for awhile.

I am now going to look for magnet assemblies and or rebuild kits for the MY1020 motor even though I probably wont be able to afford to order anything until next month. Maybe someone on this forum has a MY1020 motor like mine that does not work but has at least one good magnet. If so please let me know. I am probably not going to post again for awhile but I will check this post just in case someone does have a magnet. I need to do some walking and get back to the gym. Building e bikes has become an unhealthy obsession and is effecting my life in a negative way. I have to take a break for awhile. Thanks.

Sincerely LC out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back