UBCO 2wd e-moped

sk8norcal

1 MW
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ubco-2x2-the-two-wheel-drive-electric-enduro-bike-video-95352.html
http://www.ubcobikes.com/2x2/

$7000
110 lbs or 50 kg

The 40 Ah lithium-ion battery pack can be fully recharged in 4 hours using common chargers, and it will provide a range between 70 and 100 km (43-62 miles) on rough ground, with the range extending to 100-150 km (62-93 miles) on flat ground. And with the battery sitting low in the frame, stability is also improved. The top speed is 45 km/h (28 mph).

Ubco-2x2-Leichtes-E-Bike-fuers-Gelaende-mit-Allradantrieb_1155582.png

$7000 ... hmmm. Not for the Average Joe, imo.

My "paper" review : If it doesn't have tubeless tires, brushless, gearless motor, it is not going to be reliable enough. One flat in the bush, and this is trash.

can't you just fix the flat instead of throwing the bike away;)??

4LivesPerGallon said:
$7000 ... hmmm. Not for the Average Joe, imo.

My "paper" review : If it doesn't have tubeless tires, brushless, gearless motor, it is not going to be reliable enough. One flat in the bush, and this is trash.

if you can not fix a flat then you have no business riding in the bush??
so maybe learn that first before venturing too far from home;)

4LivesPerGallon said:
The Average Joe would not be able to fix a hub motor "tube type" flat tire, in my experience.

hubmotors suck. guess they are geared (MAC)? still i like it. Two motors of this size are the least to climb a mountain.

The low center of gravity is absolutely important. I dont get why so many designers do not understand this

the motors are specified to have 1000W but to me they look a bit to small for a MAC.. what other type of motor would fit into this rating?

how does the 2wd system work? preset to maybe 60/40 front/rear or ....? skidding out at the rear, say, tells the front wheel to?....new ideas for me...

People need to keep in mind that this aimed primarily at replacing farm bikes on the farms. Plus it is silent for those early morning starts they do without waking the rest of the household.

220px-8250-LIVE-National-Tagline-Positive-RGB.jpg

(Wiki:)
Radio Live (stylised as RadioLIVE) is a nationwide Auckland-based New Zealand talkback, news and sport radio network owned and operated by MediaWorks New Zealand.

It was formed by the 2005 split of talk and racing network Radio Pacific into a dedicated talk network which prioritised breaking news coverage (Radio Live) and a talk network which broadcast live horse racing and greyhound racing commentaries (now LiveSport). Together, the networks compete directly against NZME. stations Newstalk ZB and Radio Sport.

VAUGHN DAVIS: TLDL 23rd Jan '17 - Tennis and horses and bikes, oh my!:
http://www.radiolive.co.nz/VAUGHN-D...oh-my/tabid/615/articleID/135531/Default.aspx

electric%20bike.JPG

TLDL (Too Long, Didn't Listen) 23rd January 2017

Tennis and horses and bikes, oh my!

We talk a lot about apps and websites on Sunday Social, so it was a refreshing change last night to cover the Ubco offroad electric bike. Unlike most New Zealand tech startups, the Ubco is a real physical product, and it’s designed and built right here in New Zealand. I was lucky enough to ride the $7999 bike over the weekend (actually they haven’t come to get it yet, so look out for me on the mean footpaths of Ponsonby…). Here’s what I made of it:

• Great looks: its tube steel design looks super solid and feels to me like something you’d parachute behind enemy lines on D Day.
• Surprisingly powerful: all 90kg of me was zipping happily up some very steep hills thanks to its unique 2WD system.
• Impressive range: one charge will take you 100km at up to 50kmh and cost about 70 cents!
• Pretty pricey: at $7999 you could buy an OK used car… but the Ubco would cost less in the long run.
• Offroad only: they’re working on this, but the current Ubco can’t be ridden on public roads.

markz said:
This is not worth the money, maybe $3k you could build yourself a very nice one.

Yeah... and over 2000USD would go towards the battery alone.

This bike is 5.5k USD, not 8000USD. I would call that affordable with TWO quality Flux Drive motors; high quality, light frame; and warranty. Their 2018 model is at the same price, while offering road compliance components as well.

http://www.ubcobikes.com/products/2x2-2018/

Back