Lyric Scooters / United States

Will38

1 µW
Does anyone know if Lyric is still in business in the U.S.? From what I can tell they are not - called their corporate office in Utah but it's an invalid number, called Camping World (Lyric site says they are an authorized dealer) but they no longer carry Lyric.....I wanted to buy one but can't find a dealer that still carries them.

Any info would be appreciated.

Will38 said:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=Lyric+&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

amberwolf said:
Will38 said:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=Lyric+&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Thanks for the reply - I actually did a Lyric search before I made the post but it didn't really help me out any - all signs point to them closing the doors but I haven't seen any thing official on it or not - I'm new to the scooter world and happened to see a youtube video on the Lyric recently and really want one - found a few on craigslist but would rather not go that route.

Well, you said "any info", and didn't mention you'd already done that search, so....

I recommend you be much more detailed and specific if you want info you don't already have.

I live right here in Utah where there corporate offices are located. I own one of the Lyric Ranger Scooters. They are pretty awesome scooters. I've used mine as a daily commuter for a little over a year now. I learned that they did close their doors. I reached out to a local service tech that did some warranty work on my scooter a couple of times and he said they are no longer in business.

I would like to find a source for compatible geared hub motors and controller if mine every goes down. I don't know much about all of the electrical components of e-bikes/scooters in general. I can see that the front Geared Hub Motor on my scooter is a Bafang 8FUN 500 Watt motor. I assume the controller that runs it is an 8FUN controller because where the connection from the the controller and the hub motor connect, both connections say 8FUN on them. Does anyone out here know if I could use a 500 Watt BMC or MAC motor with the controller that on this unit? The battery system that powers the unit I was told is a Paired battery system that run in "SERIAL"??? both batteries are 26.5volt x 2 for a total 53 volts I'm assuming? The unit will not run unless both batteries are mounted on the unit.

I would love some input and ideas for you guys if you have some ideas on replacement parts and sources. I really like my scooter and want to keep it running in case it every goes down.

Thank Semisi K.

My Lyric Ranger has one good battery pack and one bad one, so I've been looking at alternatives. After some voltage and resistance measuring I figured out how to connect four 12v SLA batteries in series to the terminals which stick up where the original batteries would plug in. In this pic, the positive lead from the SLAs is on the right and the negative lead on the left. This was just a quick lashup to see if it'd work at all, which it did - motor, lights, and horn. I didn't actually ride the thing, just ran it a short distance at very low speed while walking beside it. The terminals are paired to halve the current each connection carries, so the terminal just next to each of the wires could also be bridged to them.

I'm not suggesting actually using SLAs, but this shows that a single 48v-or-vicinity pack (of whatever chemistry) can be connected.

Attachments

• 20150618_195411a.jpg
    20150618_195411a.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 4,692
I have a Lyric ranger with two dead batteries as well. It seems that I could hook up a 48 v 20 ah lithium battery pack in a hard case behind the rear wheels. Has anone tried that? My tentative plan is to connect the battery leads in the same way Dave Spicer demonstrated. Did that work? Also, what did you do with the white wires on the Lyric blade terminals where the old batteries were connected?

I have been riding my Lyric for over two years with 4 - 12V10AH SLA's in a case mounted to the back. I had 2 - 24V packs from my Currie bicycle so I figured what the heck and tried wiring them in. Works great! It will go until the batteries drain and then it kind of repeatedly surges before it dies, so it doesn't seem like it has a low voltage cut-off in the controller. Getting ready to upgrade to Lion 48V pack. Actually planning on using the battery pack from my Eon scooter when that shows up.
View attachment 220170129_121311.jpg

Attachments

• 20170129_121115.jpg
    20170129_121115.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 3,963
I would like to get a couple lyric batteries. Or maybe if someone has one bad one and one good one- like myself. Maybe their bad one is different than mine?

Back