Viewing post history: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike

This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.
Viewing post history
This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.

Current post: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike

Postby LewTwo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:20 am

dogman dan wrote: I just found it odd that you didn't need more everything, ...
Most of that is covered by the 'grocery getter'. My current project is stripping, refinishing and rebuilding an old Miyata 'six ten' frame for that purpose (it may get a trailer as well). The 'fly weight' is intended for shorter leisure trips or taking advantage of the municipal bus with the bike racks.

dogman dan wrote: ...brutal climate for biking ...
Mornings and evenings are not quite as brutal especially if one has a little assist to keep air flowing.

dogman dan wrote: Your distances would make just pedaling an easy option ...
That is why I want to be able to leave the battery off and use it in pedal only mode. For that reason I would really like to know how much drag the Bafang Mid Drive has.

I spent some time examining the the CT frame this weekend. I had failed to consider the limitations of the 'road racer' design. As it turns out I will probably be limited to 28mm wide tires. It also appears that my postage scale and manufacturer specs have a serious disagreement :shock:
Edited by LewTwo on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:20 am.
The more I learn the more obvious the immensity of my ignorance becomes.
Weight Wennie E-Bike https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79545&p=1173723#p1173723
...and thanks to Justin!
LewTwo
10 kW
10 kW

Original post: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike

Postby LewTwo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:20 am

dogman dan wrote: I just found it odd that you didn't need more everything, ...
Most of that is covered by the 'grocery getter' that . My current project is stripping, refinishing and rebuilding an old Miyata 'six ten' frame for that purpose (it may get a trailer as well). The 'fly weight' is intended for shorter leisure trips or taking advantage of the municipal bus with the bike racks.

dogman dan wrote: ...brutal climate for biking ...
Mornings and evenings are not quite as brutal especially if one has a little assist to keep air flowing.

dogman dan wrote: Your distances would make just pedaling an easy option ...
That is why I want to be able to leave the battery off and use it in pedal only mode. For that reason I would really like to know how much drag the Bafang Mid Drive has.

I spent some time examining the the CT frame this weekend. I had failed to consider the limitations of the 'road racer' design. As it turns out I will probably be limited to 28mm wide tires. It also appears that my postage scale and manufacturer specs have serious disagreement :shock:
The more I learn the more obvious the immensity of my ignorance becomes.
Weight Wennie E-Bike https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79545&p=1173723#p1173723
...and thanks to Justin!
LewTwo
10 kW
10 kW

Return to E-Bike General Discussion