Viewing post history: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike

This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.
Viewing post history
This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.

Current post: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike

Postby LewTwo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:26 am

Alex W wrote:Sun CR18 is a reasonable rim choice and available in 36 holes.
It is high on my short list. I think that I could use it on both bikes as well (I like consistency -- less spares to keep around).

Alex W wrote: You can get much nicer tires that will also be lighter. I'm using the Compass Barlow Pass on my semi-weight weenie bike at 360 grams each. They also have much lower rolling resistance than a tire like the Kenda Kourier.
The reason I was looking at the Kenda Kourier was for its combination of wide width(40mm) , weight, flat protection and price point. After measuring the frame this weekend the anything wider than 28 (maybe 32) is out.
Edited by LewTwo on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:26 am.
The more I learn the more obvious the immensity of my ignorance becomes.
Weight Wennie E-Bike https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79545&p=1173723#p1173723
...and thanks to Justin!
LewTwo
10 kW
10 kW

Original post: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike

Postby LewTwo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:26 am

Alex W wrote:Sun CR18 is a reasonable rim choice and available in 36 holes.
It high on my short list. I think that I could use it on both bikes as well (I like consistency -- less spares to keep around).

Alex W wrote: You can get much nicer tires that will also be lighter. I'm using the Compass Barlow Pass on my semi-weight weenie bike at 360 grams each. They also have much lower rolling resistance than a tire like the Kenda Kourier.
The reason I was looking at the Kenda Kourier was for its combination of wide width(40mm) , weight, flat protection and price point. After measuring the frame this weekend the anything wider than 28 (maybe 32) is out.
The more I learn the more obvious the immensity of my ignorance becomes.
Weight Wennie E-Bike https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79545&p=1173723#p1173723
...and thanks to Justin!
LewTwo
10 kW
10 kW

Return to E-Bike General Discussion