Viewing post history: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike

This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.
Viewing post history
This page shows all versions of the post, starting with the most current version.

Current post: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike

Postby LewTwo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:40 pm

chas58 wrote:A Q100 and a 36v10ah battery pack with Samsung 29# cells is just over 6lbs.
... I did buy a mint condition 20 year old 19lb lugged steel specialized race bike ....

High speed and low speed Cute Q100 builds:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49691

I trust that was supposed to be "one point nine" rather than "nineteen". :)

Nice to know the goal my goal should be obtainable. I read through the tread listed in your signature. A lot of good information there.

One thing that I have noticed is that everyone seems to so enamoured by high power and/or extended range that there are very few options for purchasing a small capacity battery. LEED does have a 24Volt 6.5AHr Panasonic battery but a small capacity 36V option seems to be DIY.

I plan on doing my own wheel builds because I want multiple gauge spokes so one item of particular interest was the source for spokes. Not for the weight savings but for the increased elasticity. I wanted matching rims on my existing bike so I ordered a spare rim from GM. The spoke holes meander around so much that it appeared to have been drilled by drunken sailor. I have built my truing stand (that can double as a test stand) and have a couple of old ARAYA 27 rims to practice on (first).
Attachments
KW-Stand-0(smaller).JPG
KW Trueing Stand
KW-Stand-0(smaller).JPG (58.87 KiB) Viewed 2597 times
Edited by LewTwo on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:44 pm.
The more I learn the more obvious the immensity of my ignorance becomes.
Weight Wennie E-Bike https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79545&p=1173723#p1173723
...and thanks to Justin!
LewTwo
10 kW
10 kW

Original post: Re: Weight Weenie Ebike

Postby LewTwo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:40 pm

chas58 wrote:A Q100 and a 36v10ah battery pack with Samsung 29# cells is just over 6lbs.

High speed and low speed Cute Q100 builds:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49691

Nice to know the goal my goal should be obtainable. I read through the tread listed in your signature. A lot of good information there.

I plan on doing my on wheel builds because I want multiple gauge spokes so one item of particular interest was the source for spokes. Not for the weight savings but for the increased elasticity. I wanted matching rims on my existing bike so I ordered a spare rim from GM. The spoke holes meander around so much that it appeared to have been drilled by drunken sailor. I have built my truing stand (that can double as a test stand) and have a couple of old ARAYA 27 rims to practice on (first).

Another thing that I have noticed is that everyone seems to so in high power and long range that there are very few options for purchasing a small capacity battery. LEED does have a 24Volt 6.5AHr Panasonic battery but a small capacity 36V option seems to be DIY.
The more I learn the more obvious the immensity of my ignorance becomes.
Weight Wennie E-Bike https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=79545&p=1173723#p1173723
...and thanks to Justin!
LewTwo
10 kW
10 kW

Return to E-Bike General Discussion