Klein Mantra Meets BHT!

A nice song for this page
[youtube]rGp4D4uQp54[/youtube]
or another excellent cover
[youtube]jvxRTs9bVoo[/youtube]

Heres where the shore2 linkage wastes space.
shor.jpg
This is where the motor would need to be for max of 17" mx wheel. From the way the atomik looks, if it doesn't quite fit 'tween downtube and linkage, the frame would be more friendly to mod than the shore.
shor2.jpg

beer already its 11am! :p mine has a little more room than that but still not enough without working on the dropouts you need to modify them anyway to get a hub motor in them so no biggy for me. Sorry didnt get home til late last night and was too pissed to do much. I will measure rear spacing tonight I promise!

Lol, that's messed up it's almost 1/2 day difference between here and there, and also summer vs winter?
Still weird for me to think of the time zone labels we came up with, when you can fly around the world and watch 'time' stand still.
For the shore you'd need like +7" d/o to fit the mid motor. I'm thinking the 6" motor would fit really close up into the atomik linkage tho, might be an ideal frame for that build.
A good powered hub like yours has so many benefits over a mid; it's just route I choose for now.

This is an ikea kids bowl 118mm od. There are more shots to come, just some measurements of my beautiful ass :wink: I had to search for some time to find a tape with American on it :p no way you would fit your motor in there without some "slight" modification. Show me your dropouts close up with some mm as reference I will compare. Don't get too excited yet but may be able to; if you want to pay postage and sling me a few$ for materials I could cut you some when I make mine? Might be an option anyway but can't tell you when just yet, probably a few weeks away at least.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2,935
Overclocker said:
offtopic:

noticed you got Duro tires? razorback? any good?

planning on getting a pair of those coz they're cheaper, since ebikes wear out tires rather quickly

I don't really follow how that's offtopic :D
The rear is almost wore out in 125mi, with 50/50 road/offroad, and the conscous effort not to gas it too much on pavement. They are great, and the thicker sidewall is nice, but the 20$ kendas (linked in my parts list) were just as aggressive and long lasting, and had lighter weight.
I'll be trying an mx rear next. Keeping the razorbacks for front use, I like the tread, sidewall, and price.

That Atomik geometry is awesome, that's for measuring.

I'm not building on the shore, and although I may get a chance to try atomik someday, I picked a cheaper simpler frame for the next build.

I think that shows promise, if you're already extending your d/o, try to allow enough room incase you wanna try a mid/direct on the bike! The hardest part I see is which of the 4 independantly moving parts to you pick to mount to, and how to mount it up, that's why I went single pivot and this wacky bananay frame.

fr1.jpg

Last one for now.....
Uhhh?
Lol, no, I think a couple or 6 is plently :lol: Thanks for them!

Just a little 'uban trailblazing'. Stil looking for the best completion of the circuit.

I want to upgrade the fork, and also the bar camera mount.

Eyeing a used/good shape 140mm marz single crown for xc/all mtn. Also have stuff on the way to build a 24" rear to lower rake, bb height, and gearing. In possession of a Duro bermaster 2.3. Sub $30 tire, still fairly aggressive, but a lot more rubber on the tread than the razorbacks. Cant wait to try it!

[youtube]fuWZanNQS7M[/youtube]

now you just have to figure out how to stuff the batteries in the frame like this thingy...

attachment.php

Yeah, batteries are the key to a great bike. That's why I really like only having 7.5lbs 84v pack. Bummer that the 5.8 ah single string of 25-35c don't like the 60-70a draws. The 6s are great and stay balanced, but the 4s packs each have a weak cell that really show at lower soc and 12-13c draw.

For the first time I finally paralleled both 20s packs on the bike, and the batteries are much happier with 6-7c draws thru the whole soc. Voltage sag is still almost 3v on the lower end though, and I hate having to carry more battery on the bike that I feel I need.

I'm waiting to hear how people like the 50c and higher turnigy. They might do better for a high draw 8lb pack. For now the plan is to gear down a bit and lower draw so I get more out of running a single string.

That's the nice thing about lipo. Easy redundant packs. Run 1 or parallel 3, depending on desired range.
I don't want 25lbs of batteries to sustain 60-70a draws either.

Nutspecial, I struggle looking for the right search terms looking for single pivot frames for sale. The Nt3 I agree as a simple solution, I just found it on ebay and $200 is a good price but they don't ship to Australia.

What other similar frames are out there for sale?

What terms do you use to search?

The st3 frame shows promise, but the seller isn't giving me ANY extra info, tho he says he 'knows' the manufacturer. If you want one maybe I could buy and ship to you, but wait a bit, i'm still working on geometry and drivelines.

I literally looked at all frames for sale -'bike frame' was prob the search. The norco atomik is a potential, or the chinese steel eastgem.net frame I started a thread on. (i'm snatching one if the seller get's on aliexpress)
Otherwise skeetab has shown that the genesis works decent with a lower swingarm mod?

My favorite play spot is floooooded, so ??coincidence?? I 'happened' across this neatass urban jungle trail. mucho fun, too much maybe. after taking the vid I destroyed half my wheel while walking beside the bike cuz a stick/LOG got caught that I didn't notice till after it was free-along with 1/3 of my spokes muahhahah! I guess the vid shows the wonders of middirect bht, and the picture shows a >minor< (lol) drawback.

Anyway, pretty fun 1/4mi trail, I'll shoot for getting a helmet cam for better vantage. And maybe a . . . helmet to mount it to :lol: .

[youtube]iBmy5BLBbi4[/youtube]
[youtube]K1j6qXvUZX8[/youtube]
yeah2.jpg

Haha, no, but I looked a bit like the guy in your avatar practically riding my own handlebars lol.

Time to rebuild I suppose, as the hozan spoke threader is 7 days away for the making of the new 24" wheel. Bummer, cuz this one is halfway disassembled for a new build :p

I guess it'd be counterintuitive to straighten and reuse the spokes, but I'm gonna give it a try.

Back