E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Whats the best way to practice whellies on a bomber
and best setup like should i drop my seat to the lowest postion?

thx steve

Thanks to all of you who responded to my questions. Very much appreciated. Now if I can get the seller to send a picture or two.

remf said:
Jetdryvr said:
Fix,
Thanks for the reply.
I probably could have found a better place to ask the questions.

I don't think so...Rick (Fix) :) is undoubtedly the best man to answer these questions...he's owned both CA type and DC1 type...and the difference between them is pretty interesting! I think the thermal rollback is a great new feature...not to mention the absolutely incredible new packs...minuscule sag and deep reserves but either one's the best choice for different reasons...the older model being obviously excellent value for money.

Oh yah, I did forget to mention the thermo rollback, and also, if the 2015 comes with the next generation battery, get it, even if the price is a few grand difference. Yah the new Bomber pack is what, 20 or 21s and 30+Ah? And a heavy duty rated BMS capable of north of 100amps. Hard to beat. Thanks Remf for pointing out what I left out.

Also worth mentioning MT5 brakes on the 2015 which are a big step up from the MT2. And the DNM front fork that have been re valved and tuned to Stealth specs.

If i was going from a 2013 to 2014 bike, I would go with the old model just because there really wasnt that many changes. 2014 to 2015 is a different story though and has been a big development year for Stealth. No right or wrong desicion here, just need to consider all the facts.

Rix said:
Oh yah, I did forget to mention the thermo rollback, and also, if the 2015 comes with the next generation battery, get it, even if the price is a few grand difference. Yah the new Bomber pack is what, 20 or 21s and 30+Ah? And a heavy duty rated BMS capable of north of 100amps. Hard to beat. Thanks Remf for pointing out what I left out.

Really? Next gen Bomber batter is 30+ ah?

Kepler said:
Also worth mentioning MT5 brakes on the 2015 which are a big step up from the MT2. And the DNM front fork that have been re valved and tuned to Stealth specs.

If i was going from a 2013 to 2014 bike, I would go with the old model just because there really wasnt that many changes. 2014 to 2015 is a different story though and has been a big development year for Stealth. No right or wrong desicion here, just need to consider all the facts.

Yah, Kepler, I should have thought a little more about my response to Jet. 2015 Bomber was a ground breaking year. Sort of a model overhaul.

Really? Next gen Bomber batter is 30+ ah?

Yah, Remf posted several pages back that he got the next generation battery for his Bomber, went for a long ride, and consumed 35Ah and still had a little left. Not surprising as battery tech is improving every year.

remf said:
Some more FYI - I just got a new pack and so reset my CA...had a look and have travelled exactly 60 miles since. That was 3 recharge cycles, used 35 Ah, unrestricted Amps at an average speed of 25 mph over hilly terrain without using regen (I need a new button).

Here is the post Proper.

My understanding is the Fighter battery has had a significant capacity increase or is about to but the Bomber battery cap stays the same for the time being. As mentioned by Rix, the big difference with the 2015 Bomber battery is how well it holds voltage and gives you consistent performance across the full range of the battery.

Rix said:
remf said:
Some more FYI - I just got a new pack and so reset my CA...had a look and have travelled exactly 60 miles since. That was 3 recharge cycles, used 35 Ah, unrestricted Amps at an average speed of 25 mph over hilly terrain without using regen (I need a new button).

Here is the post Proper.
Wow...that would be my dream to have 35ah. If I could cover a 60 km trip as if I'm riding 35 km trip (hard), that would be pretty amazing. I have to get up really early tomorrow to ride my Mando Footloose in Eco with hard setting series hybrid (pedal power generation) just to cover 35 km at 13 mph. I'm curious how much alower Eco mode is on the new fighter.

remf said:

I should clarify & emphasise that the 35Ah consumed was over 3 charge cycles...as Kepler said, the capacity of the Bomber pack hasn't changed but the capacity of the new Fighter pack sure has...30Ah of absolute awesomeness!!! It's amazing to go for a ride and finish at the same voltage you started at. Also the new fast charger makes short work of an empty pack. Don't ask me how much the new pack cost...that's the painful part...ask me was it worth it. So worth it.

Kepler said:
My understanding is the Fighter battery has had a significant capacity increase or is about to but the Bomber battery cap stays the same for the time being. As mentioned by Rix, the big difference with the 2015 Bomber battery is how well it holds voltage and gives you consistent performance across the full range of the battery.

Yah the Fighter battery has a significant increase in capacity. I misunderstood Remf's post about his Bomber's battery, but still, that doesn't change the fact that the new batteries are performing way better than the older generation. That translates too power to the rear wheel, and a bigger grin on the riders' face. :mrgreen:

Just came back from another short burst on the Fighter and found out that my regen actually does work. I thought it was broken but it isn't...it's just that the new pack has such little sag that it took 22 km before the voltage dropped below 56V, enough for regen to kick in. Jaw dropping.

Hi, I have a current issue with my fighter, after riding for a couple of kms I use full throttle and it works for about 1 km or so the the bike shuts off with nothing on the cycle Analyst. Then I pedal down a hill to get enough speed up and use the re-gen button and it powers up again and I can get another 10kms or so. But again if I use full throttle it shuts down again. Does anyone know of any reasons this is occurring. Thanks in advance.

I think I can say with maybe not 100% certainty that you have a problem with your pack, possibly a fried cell or 2. I would contact Stealth...they can repair it or point you to other solutions depending on your location.

Theodore Voltaire said:
So when is the new bigger Bomber battery coming out? :D

Got to be soon, Stealth can't leave the smaller Fighter as it is with more range potential than the Bomber.

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

Got to be soon, Stealth can't leave the smaller Fighter as it is with more range potential than the Bomber.

I think the Fighter will be the choice for long range riding for a while. I asked them about the Bomber and that is a lot more complex in terms of manufacturing & certification. It will happen just not in the short term. With the new Fighter pack I can understand how 120km would be possible...it's 1.5kWh so even riding at full power, range is at least 80km on the figures I'm seeing.

Is this new Fighter battery using the same LiFePO4 technology?

1500 kWh would be awesome. I always get 900 to 950 out of my Fighter.

Emmett I'm not sure but I think it's of the manganese variety of lithium...it weighs around 10 kg and really feels plentiful in terms of usable range. Because of that large capacity, power delivery just seems to keep on going compared to the last pack which was LiFePO4.

remf said:
Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

I think the Fighter will be the choice for long range riding for a while. I asked them about the Bomber and that is a lot more complex in terms of manufacturing & certification. It will happen just not in the short term. With the new Fighter pack I can understand how 120km would be possible...it's 1.5kWh so even riding at full power, range is at least 80km on the figures I'm seeing.

Very impressive numbers for the latest Fighter pack. I predict that the Fighter will outsell the Bomber in terms of shear sales numbers. If it hasn't happened already.

Back