Triple solid slot Zero 75-7

Farfle said:
Ohbse said:
Very cool indeed.

Given that you're going to one turn, wouldn't this be an ideal application for an extruded/pin type 'winding'? or are there disadvantages compared with conventional stranded stuff?

If I had a super badass 2400A controller, It would already have TIG welded copper bars in it. BUT, I need to split it up into six seperate strands. So I haven't come up with a way to do that yet.

So obviously you found a way around the previous hang up, what are you doing for controller/s now? Awesome work, so keen to see this thing come together and RIP. Interesting to read through the other potential losses that come with the larger conductors.

impressive improving in copper fill!

any update yet Farfle?

Doc

flathill said:
http://eprints.whiterose.ac.uk/9077/1/Zhu_Influence.pdf

Note the 1 strand winding has 35 turns (2.65mm) is the thickest they try and you can see the AC losses started to rise faster and faster as the wire size goes up

Don't let this stop you but just something to think of when sizing the conductors. You may want to keep them away from the maximum leakage flux area in the slot

interesting document , also it points out that 2 layer windings have higher loss for added interference between 2 phases , 1 layer windings have higher loss for longer end turn but maybe with the better copperfilling of 1 layer and also with this reduced interference 1 layer windings can still be an option insted of the more common 2 layer windings

Farfle,

Does the CAD estimate the motor weight?

Hillhater said:
Did this project get completed ?...shelved ?....or has it gone "black" ? :?:

Shelved maybe? I see Farfle is still active on ES just not on this very thread.

macribs said:
Hillhater said:
Did this project get completed ?...shelved ?....or has it gone "black" ? :?:

Shelved maybe? I see Farfle is still active on ES just not on this very thread.

sorry guys, just busy with work stuff.

I would like to see this happen. But I fear the skin effect will take over.

Arlo1 said:
I would like to see this happen. But I fear the skin effect will take over.

I googled a chart and it looks like @ 10khz under 1mm of depth carries almost all the current. Yikes.

Back