0-60v 1000W power supply - forget meanwell

That's why I like the gophert, it's so clear once you use it.
Set voltage and current. Hit 'on'.
Red light lights for cc, and display verifies full set current output as voltmeter climbs.
When voltmeter hits set limit, green light comes on for cv and you watch the current fall as the pack absorbs a full charge.
It takes several minutes for 20cells lipo to drop off almost completely on current draw, at which point they are fully charged.

I emailed them to ask a question and here is the reply I got.
No good for north america unless using 220V

Dear Sir,

Our CPS-8412 and CPS-6017 only work at the input voltage 180Vac-264Vac,
can you confirm it can operate in Canada as i known the AC voltage of Canada is 110V.

Best Regards

Jiang Min

Yeah, my excitement for this PS waned quickly when I realized I'd have to unplug my dryer to use it. It's frustrating because its peak power is well within the limits of standard household wiring. Why they'd want to shut themselves out of such a large market is a mystery.

Do we know which ones are fanless? Judging by the pictures on the gophert website, only the 300W and lower?

http://gophertc.com/en/compact

Anybody has a 60V11A or 60V17A version and can inform us about the fan noise level?

My 3010 is fanless, but she gets a lttle warm in the condensed formfactor. When going full power for the 10a balancer I usually put a little fan on it anyway.

That's the extent of my experience. Wouldn't worry about fans too much, if you're buying based on a certain delivery wattage cap. Mod it for what you want.

Back