E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Show off your E-bike creation here.
Archer   10 W

10 W

Re: E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Post by Archer » Jul 07 2015 7:48pm

Rix,

Arn't you a cop? I seem to remember reading that somewhere in this thread.If so why havn't you talked your department into buying a couple or so of Stealth Police Bikes?

Geez I wonder who would be first to volunteer for the Stealth bike beat! :D

Somehow I think this has already crossed your mind.

Tim

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Jul 07 2015 8:37pm

Archer wrote:Rix,

Arn't you a cop? I seem to remember reading that somewhere in this thread.If so why havn't you talked your department into buying a couple or so of Stealth Police Bikes?

Geez I wonder who would be first to volunteer for the Stealth bike beat! :D

Somehow I think this has already crossed your mind.

Tim
You are correct, I work in sanitation :mrgreen: and yes, there was an occasion where I employed my old Bomber when we were watching a house with a lot of "suspected" drug traffic coming in out of it. One of the guys I was working with would walk by the house at night trying to gather information along with articulable facts and circumstances for a warrant request. Every time he walked in that area, dogs would bark from all over the neighborhood alerting everyone that the fuzz was around. When I used my Bomber, not a single dog barked. Needless to say, by the time we got into the house, all the chemicals and crap for cooking were gone. Still quarantined the house though as it was an environmental hazard. Even though this was an uneventful bust, is does outline some of the tactical potential uses for the Fighter and Bomber. Mostly human reconnaissance, aka intelligence gathering.

remf   10 kW

10 kW

Post by remf » Jul 07 2015 9:34pm

Rix wrote:When I used my Bomber, not a single dog barked
Not sure why but I'm constantly chased by everything from Great Dane to Chihuahua on my Bomber...needless to say no dog gets close...you get to know them & only the stupid ones try more than once.

Thinking about it, people don't lock their dogs up in rural areas like they do in the city....I never get chased in Sydney.

Hyena   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hyena » Jul 07 2015 10:55pm

Yeah normally dogs go nuts with the higher frequency of our hub motors/controllers that we can't hear.
Here's an old vid of a nasty little bugger who wanted a piece of me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plN8f4bATEo

Rix, I reckon where an ebike would be good for law enforcement / military uses would be for raids or infiltration were you need to rapidly approach the target in silence. Even with patrolling sentries / look outs you could approach from 2 blocks away in seconds and be on them before they knew what hit em :mrgreen:
www.HyenaElectricBikes.com
Aussie high powered e-bike kits and custom performance ebikes
New FUTR and Hyena special edition Beta frames now available!
My build and HD video thread____. My youtube channel____ Hyena Facebook page
My bike is writing cheques my body can't cash...

Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jul 07 2015 11:16pm

Yeah you ain't wrong there Jay...there's definitely something about square wave controllers + hub motors that sets dogs off...I posted about it previously here:
https://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/v ... =3&t=42276

I wonder if the new Sinewave controllers negate this effect though?
I haven't yet ridden my Adaptto enough to encounter any dogs to find out...anyone else with a sinewave controller care to comment...do dogs react at all?

Cheers
Custom made 18650/21700 battery packs

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

Ebike Garage - My YouTube Ebike ramblings.

High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Samd   1.21 GW

1.21 GW

Post by Samd » Jul 08 2015 1:21am

Cowardlyduck wrote:Yeah you ain't wrong there Jay...there's definitely something about square wave controllers + hub motors that sets dogs off...I posted about it previously here:
https://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/v ... =3&t=42276

I wonder if the new Sinewave controllers negate this effect though?
I haven't yet ridden my Adaptto enough to encounter any dogs to find out...anyone else with a sinewave controller care to comment...do dogs react at all?

Cheers
Classic. Only one way to find out...
http://ballaratebikes.com/

ImageImageImage
"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing that a 165mm rear shock can't deliver 220mm of rear swingarm travel." - Oprah Winfrey.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jul 08 2015 4:36pm

My sons battery came today. His bike isn't far behind.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Jul 08 2015 8:20pm

Theodore Voltaire wrote:My sons battery came today. His bike isn't far behind.
Awesome, what color did he get?

Jimboyr6   1 kW

1 kW

Post by Jimboyr6 » Jul 09 2015 4:08am

Theodore Voltaire wrote:My sons battery came today. His bike isn't far behind.
One can only hope he doesn't go the bar end tassels route :wink:
Stealth bomber owner 138 livin the dream

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jul 10 2015 10:35pm

Stealth Bomber B52 #691

Of course he didn't let me ride it, all I got to do was drive out to DFW airport and pick it up, and put it together for him lol.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jul 11 2015 4:01am

Pretty damn good looking. Of course mine is better.

remf   10 kW

10 kW

Post by remf » Jul 11 2015 5:34am

I've always thought black Stealths look great but green looks amazing too
Dubrovnik.jpg
Dubrovnik.jpg (229.51 KiB) Viewed 2487 times

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jul 11 2015 8:47am

Ain't it the truth. They all look so good . :)

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jul 11 2015 11:40am

This is my preliminary impression of the difference between my bike and the new one.

The new B52 is softer, and more consumer oriented than my old #412. Stealth obviously has been paying attention to peoples complaints about harsh suspension. imo the new bike is going to be a lot more comfortable riding at lower speeds, at the expense of stability at wfo. The front forks are much softer than my forks. My forks are like what came on a 70s Italian bike. Back when all bikes came with crappy suspension, Italian bikes handled great, but only at one speed, top speed, everywhere else they sucked. That's what I think of my bike. It's harsh until 45 plus, then I'm glad it stiff.

The computer is the other area that quite different. It's more user friendly, but I would consider it a little dummied down compared to a CA3. The new one is easier for a nube to understand, and the data is something a nube might be looking for. I like the clock. What I don't like is no ah meter. % of charge is bs. That doesn't mean much unless you keep to the same speed all the time. ah used tells me all I need to know about my possible range, but you have to be familiar with past power use at speed to be able to calculate quickly in you mind on the fly. A % meter is easier for a layman to understand, but not as precise imo.

The locking code feature is ok, but I'd never use it. My $4 cable lock, and glock is better.

The overall build quality has not suffered one bit. The bike is still built like a brick shit house. :) It's the greatest production eBike ever built, and nothing else even comes close.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Jul 11 2015 1:03pm

Theodore Voltaire wrote:This is my preliminary impression of the difference between my bike and the new one.

The new B52 is softer, and more consumer oriented than my old #412. Stealth obviously has been paying attention to peoples complaints about harsh suspension. imo the new bike is going to be a lot more comfortable riding at lower speeds, at the expense of stability at wfo. The front forks are much softer than my forks. My forks are like what came on a 70s Italian bike. Back when all bikes came with crappy suspension, Italian bikes handled great, but only at one speed, top speed, everywhere else they sucked. That's what I think of my bike. It's harsh until 45 plus, then I'm glad it stiff.

The computer is the other area that quite different. It's more user friendly, but I would consider it a little dummied down compared to a CA3. The new one is easier for a nube to understand, and the data is something a nube might be looking for. I like the clock. What I don't like is no ah meter. % of charge is bs. That doesn't mean much unless you keep to the same speed all the time. ah used tells me all I need to know about my possible range, but you have to be familiar with past power use at speed to be able to calculate quickly in you mind on the fly. A % meter is easier for a layman to understand, but not as precise imo.

The locking code feature is ok, but I'd never use it. My $4 cable lock, and glock is better.

The overall build quality has not suffered one bit. The bike is still built like a brick shit house. :) It's the greatest production eBike ever built, and nothing else even comes close.
Excellent comparo TV. I like the analogy with old Italian bikes, for those who rode vintage Ducatis, or Motoguzzis can appreciate that comment. Yah, the work great when you ride em like you stole em, but then everywhere else sucks. Not surprised the fork is softer. Fork dive can be an issue when breaking from high speed hard for corner but it will work better off road in the woops and chops. Can't have it all I guess. So, the question is, how does your son like it?
I've always thought black Stealths look great but green looks amazing too
Yah, I agree with your. How about a full view pic of your Fighter?

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jul 11 2015 2:35pm

Rix wrote:
Can't have it all I guess. So, the question is, how does your son like it?
I've never run across the single perfect bike yet. Everything is about compromising so suit specific riding styles the builder wants to target.

Judging by the stupid shit eating grin on my sons face, I think he likes it. :)

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jul 11 2015 2:55pm

One thing I've noticed is, when you roll a Stealth up next to any other production eBike, the other bike instantly morphs into a steaming pile of heap, but when a Stealth rolls up next to another Stealth, it's just 2 Stealth's.

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Jul 11 2015 7:00pm

Theodore Voltaire wrote:One thing I've noticed is, when you roll a Stealth up next to any other production eBike, the other bike instantly morphs into a steaming pile of heap, but when a Stealth rolls up next to another Stealth, it's just 2 Stealth's.
The truth, I am laughing my ass off.

LockH   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then started to move around... Oh oh.

Post by LockH » Jul 11 2015 10:09pm

"Video: Stealth Bomber electric bike packs a serious punch"... in Gizmag site:
http://www.gizmag.com/video-review-stea ... ber/38395/

And pics... 8)
ES changed my life (for the waaaaay better).

Eff. June, 2014 Phoenix Ebike Promotions

(Current ride? High speed lawn chair.)
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Phoenix Ebike Promotions conversion kit (work in progress. More drink holders, etc etc)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=60564

Joined yer local chapter of EA yet?
(Ebikers Anonymous - Where we're all miserable failures, but the parties are hilarious...)

1abv   1 kW

1 kW

Post by 1abv » Jul 12 2015 1:50am

Theodore Voltaire wrote:This is my preliminary impression of the difference between my bike and the new one.

There is definitely a difference between stiff and harsh. Until I revalved and resprung my shock and put on the 888 forks with a custom spring my bike was harsh. The bars danced all over the place and the rear was like a mule kicking up everywhere at any speed. Now it's plush as all hell but still can handle jumps, high speed hard edge rocks w/o deflection and it doesn't bottom out. It's like the difference between a set up trophy truck and your buddies f150 that he put a set of ranchos on. If you set the sag correctly and adjust the clickers I'm sure you can get rid of that fork dive easily.

1abv   1 kW

1 kW

Post by 1abv » Jul 12 2015 1:57am

On another note I wanted to finish up w my charging issue that I was having in case others are running into the same problem. So my bomber wasn't charging. The charger turned on for about 5 seconds then turned off again when I knew the battery was close to 1/2 used. So I reset the bms by unplugging the battery and plugging it back in. That did nothing. Actually the charger wouldn't even click on. So the next night I disconnected the battery again and the connector with the green and red wires that has a plastic 2 pin lock on it. (This connects to the xlr charging jack) i cleaned both connectors. after replugging all of that back together it's charging perfectly. Dunno if it was just dirt but it works as it should.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jul 12 2015 10:57am

1abv wrote:On another note I wanted to finish up w my charging issue that I was having in case others are running into the same problem. So my bomber wasn't charging. The charger turned on for about 5 seconds then turned off again when I knew the battery was close to 1/2 used. So I reset the bms by unplugging the battery and plugging it back in. That did nothing. Actually the charger wouldn't even click on. So the next night I disconnected the battery again and the connector with the green and red wires that has a plastic 2 pin lock on it. (This connects to the xlr charging jack) i cleaned both connectors. after replugging all of that back together it's charging perfectly. Dunno if it was just dirt but it works as it should.
Glad you figured that out. That's a good tip.

I use dielectric paste on all my plugs. It prevents oxidation on the contacts, and helps keep moisture out.

Cowardlyduck   100 MW

100 MW

Post by Cowardlyduck » Jul 12 2015 8:21pm

LockH wrote:"Video: Stealth Bomber electric bike packs a serious punch"... in Gizmag site:
http://www.gizmag.com/video-review-stea ... ber/38395/
Ironic how the presenter mentions the Bomber is absolutely not a bike to be used for commuting, yet that's what probably more than half of Stealth owners do with them. :lol:
Society/laws really need to do some catching up!

Cheers
Custom made 18650/21700 battery packs

Modified Stealth Fighter - Force air cooled motor @ 6KW, Adaptto Mini-E. 49AH, 52V 18650 - 2.5Kwhr
Cowardlyducks - Stealth Fighter Videos

BikeE recumbent commuter - 9C, 6Fet Grinfineon, internal 17AH, 52V, + on-board solar.

Ebike Garage - My YouTube Ebike ramblings.

High Power LiPo wiring harnesses - 4P - XT90, HXT4mm, 5.5mm. 200Amp+ capable. Global shipping.

Theodore Voltaire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by Theodore Voltaire » Jul 13 2015 12:25am

Another happy customer. I finally got him to ride out of his little burb. I was getting so tired of riding around in little circles with him on his wimpy little eBike on the bike trails near his house. Tonight we rode about 40 miles, and went downtown together. He's so happy. When we got down there he told me he wanted to be home by 10:00 because he had to work tomorrow. It was 9:15 at the time. I told him no problmo, we'll be back in a flash. We had taken it easy getting down there, but it was time blast. His face is now permanently kinked from grinning.

White Knight   100 mW

100 mW

Post by White Knight » Jul 13 2015 3:18am

Welcome to the club, nice time to buy as well.

Now for a touch of customisation when the budget allows. Not sure if you or your dad is more proud.
B-52 BOMBER #592