E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Stealth Bomber B52 #691

Of course he didn't let me ride it, all I got to do was drive out to DFW airport and pick it up, and put it together for him lol.

This is my preliminary impression of the difference between my bike and the new one.

The new B52 is softer, and more consumer oriented than my old #412. Stealth obviously has been paying attention to peoples complaints about harsh suspension. imo the new bike is going to be a lot more comfortable riding at lower speeds, at the expense of stability at wfo. The front forks are much softer than my forks. My forks are like what came on a 70s Italian bike. Back when all bikes came with crappy suspension, Italian bikes handled great, but only at one speed, top speed, everywhere else they sucked. That's what I think of my bike. It's harsh until 45 plus, then I'm glad it stiff.

The computer is the other area that quite different. It's more user friendly, but I would consider it a little dummied down compared to a CA3. The new one is easier for a nube to understand, and the data is something a nube might be looking for. I like the clock. What I don't like is no ah meter. % of charge is bs. That doesn't mean much unless you keep to the same speed all the time. ah used tells me all I need to know about my possible range, but you have to be familiar with past power use at speed to be able to calculate quickly in you mind on the fly. A % meter is easier for a layman to understand, but not as precise imo.

The locking code feature is ok, but I'd never use it. My $4 cable lock, and glock is better.

The overall build quality has not suffered one bit. The bike is still built like a brick shit house. :) It's the greatest production eBike ever built, and nothing else even comes close.

Theodore Voltaire said:
This is my preliminary impression of the difference between my bike and the new one.

The new B52 is softer, and more consumer oriented than my old #412. Stealth obviously has been paying attention to peoples complaints about harsh suspension. imo the new bike is going to be a lot more comfortable riding at lower speeds, at the expense of stability at wfo. The front forks are much softer than my forks. My forks are like what came on a 70s Italian bike. Back when all bikes came with crappy suspension, Italian bikes handled great, but only at one speed, top speed, everywhere else they sucked. That's what I think of my bike. It's harsh until 45 plus, then I'm glad it stiff.

The computer is the other area that quite different. It's more user friendly, but I would consider it a little dummied down compared to a CA3. The new one is easier for a nube to understand, and the data is something a nube might be looking for. I like the clock. What I don't like is no ah meter. % of charge is bs. That doesn't mean much unless you keep to the same speed all the time. ah used tells me all I need to know about my possible range, but you have to be familiar with past power use at speed to be able to calculate quickly in you mind on the fly. A % meter is easier for a layman to understand, but not as precise imo.

The locking code feature is ok, but I'd never use it. My $4 cable lock, and glock is better.

The overall build quality has not suffered one bit. The bike is still built like a brick shit house. :) It's the greatest production eBike ever built, and nothing else even comes close.

Excellent comparo TV. I like the analogy with old Italian bikes, for those who rode vintage Ducatis, or Motoguzzis can appreciate that comment. Yah, the work great when you ride em like you stole em, but then everywhere else sucks. Not surprised the fork is softer. Fork dive can be an issue when breaking from high speed hard for corner but it will work better off road in the woops and chops. Can't have it all I guess. So, the question is, how does your son like it?

I've always thought black Stealths look great but green looks amazing too

Yah, I agree with your. How about a full view pic of your Fighter?

Rix said:
Can't have it all I guess. So, the question is, how does your son like it?

I've never run across the single perfect bike yet. Everything is about compromising so suit specific riding styles the builder wants to target.

Judging by the stupid shit eating grin on my sons face, I think he likes it. :)

One thing I've noticed is, when you roll a Stealth up next to any other production eBike, the other bike instantly morphs into a steaming pile of heap, but when a Stealth rolls up next to another Stealth, it's just 2 Stealth's.

Theodore Voltaire said:
One thing I've noticed is, when you roll a Stealth up next to any other production eBike, the other bike instantly morphs into a steaming pile of heap, but when a Stealth rolls up next to another Stealth, it's just 2 Stealth's.

The truth, I am laughing my ass off.

"Video: Stealth Bomber electric bike packs a serious punch"... in Gizmag site:
http://www.gizmag.com/video-review-stealth-bomber/38395/

And pics... 8)
stealth-bomber-14.jpg

Theodore Voltaire said:

There is definitely a difference between stiff and harsh. Until I revalved and resprung my shock and put on the 888 forks with a custom spring my bike was harsh. The bars danced all over the place and the rear was like a mule kicking up everywhere at any speed. Now it's plush as all hell but still can handle jumps, high speed hard edge rocks w/o deflection and it doesn't bottom out. It's like the difference between a set up trophy truck and your buddies f150 that he put a set of ranchos on. If you set the sag correctly and adjust the clickers I'm sure you can get rid of that fork dive easily.

On another note I wanted to finish up w my charging issue that I was having in case others are running into the same problem. So my bomber wasn't charging. The charger turned on for about 5 seconds then turned off again when I knew the battery was close to 1/2 used. So I reset the bms by unplugging the battery and plugging it back in. That did nothing. Actually the charger wouldn't even click on. So the next night I disconnected the battery again and the connector with the green and red wires that has a plastic 2 pin lock on it. (This connects to the xlr charging jack) i cleaned both connectors. after replugging all of that back together it's charging perfectly. Dunno if it was just dirt but it works as it should.

1abv said:
On another note I wanted to finish up w my charging issue that I was having in case others are running into the same problem. So my bomber wasn't charging. The charger turned on for about 5 seconds then turned off again when I knew the battery was close to 1/2 used. So I reset the bms by unplugging the battery and plugging it back in. That did nothing. Actually the charger wouldn't even click on. So the next night I disconnected the battery again and the connector with the green and red wires that has a plastic 2 pin lock on it. (This connects to the xlr charging jack) i cleaned both connectors. after replugging all of that back together it's charging perfectly. Dunno if it was just dirt but it works as it should.

Glad you figured that out. That's a good tip.

I use dielectric paste on all my plugs. It prevents oxidation on the contacts, and helps keep moisture out.

LockH said:
Ironic how the presenter mentions the Bomber is absolutely not a bike to be used for commuting, yet that's what probably more than half of Stealth owners do with them. :lol:
Society/laws really need to do some catching up!

Cheers

Another happy customer. I finally got him to ride out of his little burb. I was getting so tired of riding around in little circles with him on his wimpy little eBike on the bike trails near his house. Tonight we rode about 40 miles, and went downtown together. He's so happy. When we got down there he told me he wanted to be home by 10:00 because he had to work tomorrow. It was 9:15 at the time. I told him no problmo, we'll be back in a flash. We had taken it easy getting down there, but it was time blast. His face is now permanently kinked from grinning.

Welcome to the club, nice time to buy as well.

Now for a touch of customisation when the budget allows. Not sure if you or your dad is more proud.

Theodore Voltaire said:

Nice report , gotta agree , I`d really miss not being able to read A/H used . No mention of the upgraded power ( 4.5 to 5.2 KW ) ???

Cowardlyduck said:
LockH said:
Ironic how the presenter mentions the Bomber is absolutely not a bike to be used for commuting, yet that's what probably more than half of Stealth owners do with them. :lol:

Cheers

Totally ironic...today I sailed through Sydney traffic on a journey that would have taken an extra hour and then some in a car. I wasn't racing just cruising in 250W mode. Power limited in street legal mode with the new 30Ah Fighter pack, range is ridiculous, not exactly sure what it is but way over 100 km - 60 miles.

remf said:
Cowardlyduck said:
LockH said:

Cheers

Totally ironic...today I sailed through Sydney traffic on a journey that would have taken an extra hour and then some in a car. I wasn't racing just cruising in 250W mode. Power limited in street legal mode with the new 30Ah Fighter pack, range is ridiculous, not exactly sure what it is but way over 100 km - 60 miles.

Look at this way, the new battery has about 1500wh usable. Your limit of 250wh would take you 6hours riding WOT to drain that, lets say you could average 15 miles per hour, which is a conservative estimate at 250wh, that's 90 miles or 144km :shock: now that's some iron butt, ass hurting miles there. :lol:

Brute said:
Nice report , gotta agree , I`d really miss not being able to read A/H used . No mention of the upgraded power ( 4.5 to 5.2 KW ) ???

We've only been on one ride together, and he's taking it easy so far. On the way home his gps indicated he got it to 50 mph once, but I didn't see that. He lives 4 miles from my house so he might have done it before he got here.

I'm a little confused about the 5200w claim. I see 5300w peak on my old bike frequently. He weighs about 80 lbs less than me to, so that will probably be an advantage for him. Interestingly on our ride last night he seemed to use a little more power then I did, but that's probably inexperience on his part. I'm the master of the throttle hand. :)

On the 17 mile ride home last night from downtown, we started out about 30 mph, but soon we were gliding along at 35. Next thing I know I looked down and saw 45. I saw him gas it once from 45 to get though a light, and it looked like it was zooming. I thought his skin was going to fall off his head his grin was so big. We were making all the lights so our speed stayed up there most of the way. Don't worry, he's a very good, and careful rider, with years of experience.

He's owned a 1200 Sportster, a Buell, and 2 Spreed triples. I bought him his first yamahama ya50 when he was a little kid.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Brute said:

We've only been on one ride together, and he's taking it easy so far. On the way home his gps indicated he got it to 50 mph once, but I didn't see that. He lives 4 miles from my house so he might have done it before he got here.

I'm a little confused about the 5200w claim. I see 5300w peak on my old bike frequently. He weighs about 80 lbs less than me to, so that will probably be an advantage for him. Interestingly on our ride last night he seemed to use a little more power then I did, but that's probably inexperience on his part. I'm the master of the throttle hand. :)

On the 17 mile ride home last night from downtown, we started out about 30 mph, but soon we were gliding along at 35. Next thing I know I looked down and saw 45. I saw him gas it once from 45 to get though a light, and it looked like it was zooming. I thought his skin was going to fall off his head his grin was so big. We were making all the lights so our speed stayed up there most of the way. Don't worry, he's a very good, and careful rider, with years of experience.

He's owned a 1200 Sportster, a Buell, and 2 Spreed triples. I bought him his first yamahama ya50 when he was a little kid.

Sweet TV, its good to ride with family. Yah, its amazing how these machines makes us smile like we are hiding something from our women. My dad and I got a fall trip planned to ride on the Tahoe Rim trail up above Lake Tahoe. Should be a good time.

What fun, rat racing. It's funny, you can see things that normally are hard to see, with a Stealth riding next to you. Like when your bike hits the limiters.

Which bike is faster? Hint; it's the one the 85lb lighter guy is riding. Other than that, I don't think there's much difference other than the size of the tires.

But I was having big fun racing another bike like mine. When two bikes are almost identical power, the trick is to out pedaling the other guy. That's a loosing proposition for me because he's 31 yrs old, but I was going at it like hell, as long as I could. Which wasn't all that long really. I thought I was going to blow a gasket pedaling at top speed for a little while. And then doing it again a couple times after I recovered. I won't work out that had riding by myself. Add 85lbs to his bike, and I think I could take him lol.

My max speed when I got home was 53.4 I guess he can do 55, or a little more with those big stock tires, but we're close enough for government work.

Back