New E-skateboard motor drive parts

DingoMan

1 mW
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg:shock: New to the community, decided to make my own motor drive parts. Using laser and waterjet just need to finish off with the CNC machine. Here's a few pics! I'll T6 aircraft aluminum, just need to do the CNC probably do tomorrow.

Yes the retainer clip does look like his, but mine is for a real Abec11 not a clone. The motor mounts in the wheel hub are completely different and different width. My motor mount hasn't been drilled yet or tapped, It is a split
two bolt system rather than one - i'm just holding the back of the clamp with my finger. I just built these cause my boys wanted some boards and I thought they were too expensive on the market. Having fun doing this I -already have an idea that's quite innovative. I probably pushed to this too early still have to CNC. Thinking about doing my own motors and electronics?

DingoMan said:
Yes the retainer clip does look like his, but mine is for a real Abec11 not a clone. The motor mounts in the wheel hub are completely different and different width. My motor mount hasn't been drilled yet or tapped, It is a split
two bolt system rather than one - i'm just holding the back of the clamp with my finger. I just built these cause my boys wanted some boards and I thought they were too expensive on the market. Having fun doing this I -already have an idea that's quite innovative. I probably pushed to this too early still have to CNC. Thinking about doing my own motors and electronics?

Nice.. Impressive if you do your own motors + electronics.

@ torqueboards- thank you for the kind words. It's really a matter of if I have enough time, I do have experience in manufacturing but I'm doing this for my kids and myself not really planning on going into the skateboard business. Although I must say this brings me back to my youth that sometimes seems so far gone. LOL

what width belt will you use? looks like 15mm.. so can't have dual rear drive? :cry: ... unless you use really small motors i suppose they will fit.

We will not be able to do dual rear motors. Belt with is 15mm, and motor size is 6374 – (go big or go home motto). For dual motors we will do opposition front and rear trucks. I like the concept of hub Motors in wheels but would like to see how they fare with time specially with the small diameter bearings people are using for the outside axel of the motor? There actually is a stronger, lighter more torque Electric motor than a brushless Technology already done not in the RC realm. I just don't know if they can make it small enough to fit in a skateboard wheel or if the company that owns the patent and development rights to this would have any interest in producing for this application.

In the beginning I was thinking of making my own trucks hangers with the motor mount CNC as one part, we can obviously do any width desired. But right now I only have so much time and I just wanted to whip these things out for the boys. I looked at other designs out there and we actually did the designs pretty much in one day.

A few new boards

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,421
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,421
handbaked said:
Do you sell these parts? Just this eve started looking into a e-board build.

You have a local supplier i'd check with as well. Alien Drive Systems. Richard/Beetbocks was really helpful when i first looked to build my board. Tons of info shared and responsive. Helps (or might) that he's in the UK and local to you.

Also check out the soon-to-be-released by Torque/DIYElectricskateboard.com motor mounts on his site. Adjustable angle and seems like it's also modular for multiple truck options.

Welcome and GL!

Selling the two boards and all the new parts I manufactured-
Enough hardware to make 10 more motor and wheel Drives, -1 extra dual motor and single motor electronic speed controllers >12s- Motor pulley's, connectors and parts. Truck bracket motor mounts will have to be drilled and tapped for two bolts and plained down a little. Will give connection to buyer to my design plans and water jet and laser cutting companies if They want to produce more. Wheel hub and pulley sprockets finished products also motor pulleys. I'll explain pretty much everything -take a look at the finished boards four example and guide. Extremely fast! Boards Are barley used, used MapMyTracks GPS speed avg 40s - not sure if it was accurate but highghest speed recorded was 54 mph?

Attachments

• IMG_3213.PNG
    IMG_3213.PNG
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,437
Back