Activate reverse on Infineon

hagerty1

100 mW
I have been told by several suppliers that having a simple switch activated reverse is no problem on the Infineon
controllers they sell. Does anyone know how to do this. It's not swapping phase wires etc. They say it is a simple option
they can add to the function of the controller. The programming allows it but it must need to be physically activated somehow inside the controller. I have 2 Infineons one 12fet 4110 from Green Motion and one 6fet 4110 from EM3ev
Any help would be great. Answer may already be on here but I'm not finding it.
Thanks

Typically you will pull dx3 to ground, which enables reverse. Some models are not labeled the same, you might find it labeled as X3- .

Note that some controllers don't respond to the reverse even whne you ground that pad, regardless of programming settings--something in their firmware is different from the factory.

FWIW, if the places selling you something tell you it can do a function, and can't tell you how to make it do that, you shouldn't trust anything they tell you about their product, because if they don't know how to make it do that function they also can't possibly know that it *does* do that function. ;)

On the one I had, there was a diode that wasn't installed between X3 and DX3, IIRC reverse worked if I connect X3 to ground, but not with DX3 until I installed the missing diode which was between X3 and DX3.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7361#p110931

johnrobholmes said:
Typically you will pull dx3 to ground, which enables reverse. Some models are not labeled the same, you might find it labeled as X3- .
Worked perfect......My trikes have reverse TEA...Thanks SOOOOOOOOO Much

amberwolf said:
Note that some controllers don't respond to the reverse even whne you ground that pad, regardless of programming settings--something in their firmware is different from the factory.

FWIW, if the places selling you something tell you it can do a function, and can't tell you how to make it do that, you shouldn't trust anything they tell you about their product, because if they don't know how to make it do that function they also can't possibly know that it *does* do that function. ;)
Both suppliers are Very reputable as I named them. They did not refuse to tell me anything. They are over seas and slow to reply to this type of request. You guys are faster and I got my answer.

Back