Video: 70kph, 150km range, German e-scooters for Montreal

Kumpan Electric, the European leader in electric scooter opens its first store in North America in Montreal

http://translate.google.ca/translat...te-en-amerique-du-nord-a-montreal&prev=search

SNIPPED, FROM THEIR PRESS RELEASE..

MONTREAL, May 20, 2015 / CNW Telbec / - "Kumpan Electric", the leader of the electric scooter in Europe, is entering the North American market. Indeed, the German manufacturer will open its first exclusive point of sale at 31 Queen Street (near de la Commune) in Old Montreal.

"We decided to open the first store in Montreal for the proximity to European culture. The population density of major European cities has created the scooter. Travelling by scooter in Europe is part of morals for several decades. Montreal has perhaps not the size of major European cities, but his soul is more like that of Barcelona or Nice than any other Canadian or American city. To create a strong brand image, we must start with a love story between customers and the brand. We therefore believe that it is in Montreal that this story has the best chance of being born "says Alexander Welbers, president and owner of the company.

The concept of the store will be modern, but also inspired the 50s (which gave birth to the first gasoline scooters). This first store is just the beginning. Banner's owners have become established in several other Canadian and US cities over the next 3 years: '' The goal is to have 20 outlets in 4 years! '' Says Simon Deschênes, VP Sales & Marketing / partner

Power Revolution
People are increasingly concerned about the environment and the electrical option gaining popularity. We see it with the implementation of Tesla cars. Kumpan therefore meets the wishes of drivers and trendy environmentally conscious thanks to its fully electric motor. "Of course we are not the first electric transport solution to emerge. There are many years of electric motorcycles, but the prices are exorbitant ($ 15,000 and up) and the autonomy of these vehicles is unsatisfactory for users. The Kumpan Electric scooters are the first to provide affordable urban transport solution, clean, whose autonomy far beyond the needs of users. "Mentions Simon Deschênes, Vice President Sales & Marketing / partner.

Not that scooters
Besides the electric scooter comparable to the category of 50cc petrol, Kumpan Electric offers all the practical and essential accessories designer such as helmets, bags, safety device, luggage racks, etc. The German company innovates and launches this year its model 1950, which is an electric scooter for adults. This convenient transportation to the city can also bend to bring it to the office or stow it in the trunk of his car. With a maximum speed of 32 km / h, a load capacity of 150 kg, a range of over 45 km and a total recharge time 2 hours, its followers will shorten distances.

Demystifying the electric scooter

The Kumpan Electric scooters impress with their performance and style and are alone in their search. With a maximum speed of 70 km / h, a range of up to 120 km and a removable rechargeable battery technology capable scooter or separately (within 2 hours), Kumpan Electric is an exception in the market electric mobility on two wheels. Retro style scooters as well as combinations of modern colors and rich also rotate the eyes of those they encounter.

Green
The Kumpan technology will make you forget the petrol pumps, the cost of maintenance and noise. Once acquired, the electric scooter Kumpan costs $ 0.60 per 100 km. Removable batteries can be recharged directly on the vehicle or any other electrical outlet of 110 volts. Whether at home, office or wherever "Kumpan Electric" will take. With a charging time of two hours to a normal charger and Kumpan about an hour for fast charger "Kumpan", the "Electric Kumpan" soon ready to leave!

Price
From $ 1,999 for scooters and from $ 4,299 for scooters.

Try to adopt
All those who hold a Class 5 license or valid scooter and who wish to try the scooters Electric scooters Kumpan can do this by taking an appointment to test drive online at www.kumpan-electric.com . A time of one hour will be devoted to beach each customer wanting to test scooters.

About Electric Kumpan

Kumpan Electric is a German born in 2009. Kumpan Electric Company won the prestigious first prize awarded by the German Ministry of Economics "Start Up of the Year" in 2011. Kumpan Electric scooters are sold in over 7 countries Europe currently live and sales unbridled growth since their marketing.

Kumpan Electric has partnerships with renowned companies such as Samsung (battery cells), Telekom (Kumpan application) and BMW (engineering)

"Kumpan" means friend or companion in German. "Everyone should have a friend, we thought - and this is how it all began. The idea of ​​the electric scooter was born - a scooter which could boost electric mobility in Germany "says Patrick Tykesson, CEO, Electric Kumpan Germany.

Kumpan
31 Queen Street, Montreal
www.kumpan-electric.com
Facebook / KumpanMontreal
Instagram / ​​KumpanMontreal
TwitterKumpanelectric

SOURCE Kumpan

Image with caption: "The German company innovates and launches this year its model 1950, which is an electric scooter for adults (CNW Group / Kumpan)". Image Link: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150520_C4694_PHOTO_FR_16796.jpg

Image with caption: "Kumpan Electric, the European leader in electric scooter opens its first store in North America in Montreal located at 31 Queen Street (near de la Commune) in Old Montreal (CNW Group / Kumpan)" . Image Link: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150520_C4694_PHOTO_FR_16795.jpg

For further information: Simon Deschênes 514 993-3749, sd@electronic-mobility.com ; Media: Marie-Annick Boisvert, 514 232-7640, info@marianik.com

Their 1954 model looks very similar to the motorino gtx, although they seem to offer a more powerful drivetrain.

1954:
image_2399_1_661_1_53_1_822.jpg

Motorino Gtx:
parts_70_1_full.jpg

Kumpan hype decoded: Their website's model comparison chart says only 65kph top speed, and 100 km range.

Seat height is quite tall. Their scooter prices are even "taller".

4LivesPerGallon said:
Kumpan hype decoded: Their website's model comparison chart says only 65kph top speed, and 100 km range.

Seat height is quite tall. Their scooter prices are even "taller".

I did a test drive a couple of weeks ago.... only on the smaller 1953, though. I think that style-wise these scooters are beyond compare in this market. Handling is really smooth with a great acceleration in my opinion. Unfortunately, I can't afford one at the moment. Is there any cheaper option on the market with comparable power?

thx

With 3 batteries, its almost 7,000 dollars.... :)

Base price is @ 4,299.. wow... At that price, it should make coffee, and preferably Tim Horton's coffee... :)

I'll stick with my 2013 Gio Italia, 48v, 32kmh for $799 cad.

I bought a 48v 15Ah LifePo4 pack for $350 usd delivered, and have more than enough range to do all my local errands etc...

imorton said:
granolaboy said:
100km range with a 30ah battery eh?

ya, right.

That's 15Wh/km... Maybe going 9km/h with a 140 lb rider weight, ideal temp, no wind, flat road, no stops, etc.... in other words, on some dyno somewhere... lol

well... again: I drove that thing and it was going 65 km/h... I am just looking for something comparable in power for a cheaper price.

Back