Evolve Carbon AT with 50km+ range

after repairing the mosfet on the BMS I also finally redid the heat shrink - looks really good now:

heatshrink.jpg

I also removed the mousepad, overall the AT version is dampened enough already, especially with the neoprene band and after adding riptide WBF pivots. that way the covers is sitting pretty much in stock position!

before my replacement mosfet arrived, I ran the board for nearly 2 weeks without a BMS on a daily 20km+ basis and regularly checked about cell drift. what can i say? ZERO drift with a measurement accuracy of 1/100 volt ... im not really convinced that a BMS is even necessary tbh.

anyway, thumbs up for the whole thing, it just works and works and works :D

That's is cool, the next is mount in the carbon the ronin precisión trucks, and study New placement of the motor housing and increase the power of this, always taking advantage of electronic Skateboard evolve, it would be exciting to have more torque, cornering safety and a tip speed of at least 60 km / h, exciting !! !

dunno, I really like the dbl kingpin sidewinder II trucks on the carbon. I got enough other boards with regular trucks and the surfy feeling of the evolve is unmatched. its all about the right bushing setup on the evolve, spent 2 days tweaking mine and totally in love with it now. :D

about torque & co: never missed it, most of the time Im carving hard with a 25-30kph average. no needfor acc/braking at all for many kilometers. :)

I really can say that I cant think about anything Id like to change now. have done:

* double range battery
* perfected bushing setup with krank 87/93 and hardcore medium/hard mix
* riptide replacement wfb pivots, no more creakibg, smoother ride
* aluminum mbs wheels
* abec 7 trampa bearings with perfect speedring+diameter adapter
* aluminum handle to carry board around easily

8)

Poweralti said:
That's is cool, the next is mount in the carbon the ronin precisión trucks, and study New placement of the motor housing and increase the power of this, always taking advantage of electronic Skateboard evolve, it would be exciting to have more torque, cornering safety and a tip speed of at least 60 km / h, exciting !! !

Do it. The cast ronins run brilliantly with their queenpin design, the precision are even better. I'm not too keen on the sidewinder's double trucks, but the ronin go brilliantly on a smooth, even downhill ride. I would love to chuck my hub motors on ronin trucks, may cast some so use instead.

Will you get the evolves power system mounted cleanly on the ronin?

Hi whitepony

Excelent work

About the perfect bearing for the carbon, spacer, etc

Can You help to select ítems in trampa page?

http://www.trampaboards.com/bearings-c-29.html

This vector steel sound good
http://www.diversur.com/rodamientos-de-acero-8-ejes-vector-y-ats-9-5x28mm.html

Thanks very much

just pick any of the 12x28mm bearings from trampa (abec7 isnt probably worth it and the red ones particularly look really rad! :D ), and then order conversion adapters from 12mm to 3/8": http://www.trampaboards.com/bearing-conversion-spacers--fits-12mm-bearings-to-9525mm-38ths-unc-skate-axles-x-2-p-10852.html

these adapter will allow you to buy any industrial grade 12x28mm bearings which are super cheap and fairly common all around the world - much easier to get compared to 3/8" skate truck diameters. also, they replace your speed rings!

p.s.: these precision levels such as abec7 doesnt really mean much for AT wheels. it kind of only matters at very high rounds per minute and we are basically orders of magnitudes away from that. it gives you a good feeling though ... another thing maxxed out. :p

Hey! I've enjoyed reading all your posts on the forum and on Facebook.I have a Evolve Bamboo A/T and I love it but I NEED more range. However, I'm a complete "newb" when it comes to electronics! I looked at your plans for the 50km Carbon battery but the Bamboo battery case is both narrower and shorter. The size of the stock Bamboo battery is 13cm wide x 34cm long. Also, there really isn't extra space inside the case. Any suggestions on how I can make a new battery (i.e. design/layout or configuration)? Any help is appreciated!

what about the height of the bamboo enclosure? is there a way for triangual dense stacking?

otherwise you are probably limited to a 10S3P battery with that kind of room to work with - which is about 10Ah = 50% more than stock!

bamboo.gif

what about the height of the bamboo enclosure? is there a way for triangual dense stacking?
Inner height of bamboo case is 20mm....so not enough room for face centered cubic packing (offset) which would require around 35mm (0.886 x 18.3) + 18.3 :cry:

otherwise you are probably limited to a 10S3P battery with that kind of room to work with - which is about 10Ah = 50% more than stock!
Yeah, definitely better than the stock battery! Would you still recommend using the Panasonic 18650Bs?

probably not for a 3P setup. if you assume 350watt average motor power consumption, that means your battery will have to deliver roughly 10A on average ... divided by 3 is 3.3A per cell, so pretty much 1C discharge for the panasonic cells ON AVERAGE. probably youll need cells that can deliver higher currents then which usually costs capacity, so you probably wont get to 10Ah capacity. hmm, difficult :?

Thanks for the replies! Looks like I'll go with the one of the batteries you suggested. Any recommendations on the best way to layout/connect the 10 x 3 packs and 11 balance wires so I can use the Evolve Bamboo stock BMI?

narrowpath said:
Thanks for the replies! Looks like I'll go with the one of the batteries you suggested. Any recommendations on the best way to layout/connect the 10 x 3 packs and 11 balance wires so I can use the Evolve Bamboo stock BMI?

yea, like on the picture I made for you: 3parallel cells, organized in 2x 5S packs! youll have to check the voltage on the original balancer connector and just wire it in the same way (11 cables, basically in ascending/descending order from left or right -> each neighoring pin-pair should read a voltage of 3.7Vish)! connector has a 2mm pin layout - should be easy to find something like that!

*edit: when IM back home from work, Ill update the picture with "+" and "-" and where balancer cables are supposed to be. :)

whitepony said:

bamboo.gif

What wires would be used for charging this Pack (with a evolve charger) without the use of a BMS ,.. B0 and B10 ?

Thanks

you can charge the whole pack at once with main +- (basically B0 and B10, but wires that can take 4-6A) or by charging each parallel pack individually with a charger on balancing port.

whitepony said:
you can charge the whole pack at once with main +- (basically B0 and B10, but wires that can take 4-6A) or by charging each parallel pack individually with a charger on balancing port.

Ok so B0 and B10 would each have 2 wires each , 1 going to (jst connector) and 1 to (Evolve Charger plug) correct ?

Back