QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

I agree, think of a motocross bike, they are what 200 lbs? But they don't feel heavy when you ride trails or on the track. Because weight is centralized. If you put that heavy hubmotor away from the rear wheel I do not think you would have weight issues worth noting. Bike should behave much better then say bike with a QS 205 H50 (similar to cromotor) or even the lighter mxus 3K in the hub.

If you think about it, the bikes that are being build are becoming more and more heavy. Huge DD hubs, motorcycle wheels, big battery packs and steel frames are common. I think a more powerful motor would translate to less time in the red zone, meaning you would not push the motor to its limits as often as with smaller motors. That could even have a positive effect on cooling, along with the added masses of the motor that should also help with cooling.

Paired with the controllers vito has the motor/controller combo would cost less then one Adaptto max-e. And give you the potential for even faster accelerations and speed.

The Zeros are very quiet as an example, with a lot of weight savings in the motor. We're not talking going all the way to jackshaft/high RPM. But if you like the size and weight, it should work. But if you are going to have a modest chain ratio, what can you do better? Running a smaller hubmotor at higher RPM is one example. But this conversation doesn't really belong in this thread, perhaps.

My QSMotor (aka CroMotor) is just excellent, and it looks like there are more choices here. Really great to see this. Thanks to QSMotor for coming to ES.

please let us know how it performs.

i have one too, but until i get some stuff done so i have time to try it, its just a beautiful doorstop :lol:

Vito, do you have a 273 hub motor with a 10mm axle ? If you do, is the magnet height of such a motor ? Thanks

PeeHell said:
Vito, do you have a 273 hub motor with a 10mm axle ? If you do, is the magnet height of such a motor ? Thanks

Hello Peehell,

Thank you for your question.
The axle flat of 273 hub motor could only be 12mm or more than 12mm.
If you prefer 10mm, I suggest to choose 205 hub motor.

Best Regards

QSMOTOR said:

Best Regards

Vitto,

You should use a 10mm axle flat because that it what every single ebike frame uses... just make it alot wider, like 10mm x 20mm and use larger bearings for phase wires to avoid grinding the axle.

Pic of an axle thats close to it.

Attachments

• axle.png
    axle.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 3,943
Vitto,

I think you should also post spoke diameter and length for QS205 and QS273 to a give set of rims.

Something that looks like this.

Single-cross pattern
QS205 26" bicycle rim = 12-14g spoke 1XXmm
QS205 24" bicycle rim = 12-14g spoke 1XXmm
QS205 17" motorcycle rim = 8-10g spoke 1XXmm
QS205 19" motorcycle rim = 8-10g spoke 1XXmm

QS273 26" bicycle rim = 12-14g spoke 1XXmm
QS273 24" bicycle rim = 12-14g spoke 16XXmm
QS273 17" motorcycle rim = 8-10g spoke 1XXmm
QS273 19" motorcycle rim = 8-10g spoke 1XXmm

You should use a 10mm axle flat because that it what every single ebike frame uses

The QS 205/50H is big enough that custom torque-plates will be needed, and they are even more necessary on the 273 diameter stator motors. Once you've made that comittment, I wouldn't imagine that making the flats 12mm or more would be a problem, and doing that might make the axle stronger. Of course, if you make the flat section too thick, you are close to being back to a round axle.

Vito, I agree with making 17-inch and 19-inch motorcycle rims available. That would be a good option to have.

gensem said:
QSMOTOR said:

Best Regards

Vitto,

You should use a 10mm axle flat because that it what every single ebike frame uses... just make it alot wider, like 10mm x 20mm and use larger bearings for phase wires to avoid grinding the axle.

We can make 12mm dropout, no problem.

spinningmagnets said:
You should use a 10mm axle flat because that it what every single ebike frame uses

The QS 205/50H is big enough that custom torque-plates will be needed, and they are even more necessary on the 273 diameter stator motors. Once you've made that comittment, I wouldn't imagine that making the flats 12mm or more would be a problem, and doing that might make the axle stronger. Of course, if you make the flat section too thick, you are close to being back to a round axle.

Vito, I agree with making 17-inch and 19-inch motorcycle rims available. That would be a good option to have.

I thinked about it and you are actually right. But a 10x19mm axle would be more pratical.

Vitto,

HI Gensem,

Thank you for your advise.
As checked with our Engineer, we could make 273 40H axle flat to be 10mm, and widden the diameter of axle.
The MOQ is 10pcs.
Later on, we will make new drawing about it and keep it post on ES.

Best Regards

I just order one sample couple weeks ago. It is a little difficult for me to find one suitable sprocket. It's 20mm bore and 6mm key slot.
Would U offer some sprocket supplier (web or phone number) for me ?

whiteponyTW said:
I just order one sample couple weeks ago. It is a little difficult for me to find one suitable sprocket. It's 20mm bore and 6mm key slot.
Would U offer some sprocket supplier (web or phone number) for me ?

Hi WhiteponyTW,

Sorry for the inconvenience.
For the moment, we don't have suitable sprocket supplier.
Cherry will get back to you accordingly.
If any news, will keep you informed.

Best Regards

Hi Cherry
A question about the android Bluetooth app Can you provide a list [with any screenshots] of all the programing and monitoring options.
Also can we choose what we want to monitor , have you tested it for stability.
Thanks

Vito,

Can you post winding available for the QS 4000w 273 hubmotor like you did for 205 v3? Spoke length would also be nice.

Thanks

This has probably been answered , but I wanted to make sure I had correct info.

I need a cromotor or as close to one as I can get in quality / performance. I thought I read one of these motors was a good stand in , but by just reading this
thread I am not sure which one that would be. Is there a model I can look at which is as close as possible to the cro standard wind ?

Sorry if this has been answered and thanks in advance for any info.

ohzee said:
This has probably been answered , but I wanted to make sure I had correct info.

I need a cromotor or as close to one as I can get in quality / performance. I thought I read one of these motors was a good stand in , but by just reading this
thread I am not sure which one that would be. Is there a model I can look at which is as close as possible to the cro standard wind ?

Sorry if this has been answered and thanks in advance for any info.

AFAIK you shall look for the qs 205 H50 v3 with T3 winding. There is specs for this motor a few pages back in this thread. Kv of crom was 9.3 or 13 kv maybe? The QS motor has more copper and thicker phase wires then the cromotor :)

file.php

ohzee said:
thanks macribs I very much appreciate the reply.

Actualy 5T is the closest kv (cromotor is 9.4kv)
33*4T has the most copper fill but 13kv could be a little hard on the controller.

Updated windings
file.php

gensem said:
ohzee said:

33*4T has the most copper fill but 13kv could be a little hard on the controller.

Updated windings
file.php

Is there any reason the 6T is listed at 48v? Could it run 84v or is that less efficient somehow?

gensem said:
ohzee said:

Updated windings
file.php

there is no 33 x 4T motor. it should be 33 x 3,5T

22 x 5,5 = 121 strands
28 x 4,5 = 126 strands
33 x 3,5 = 115,5 strands??

Vito, is this correct?

Guys, I bought a sabvoton controller from Cherry on Alie express and having a hell of a time getting it to communicate with my laptop. Once I figured out what the problem is, the controller is in shutdown mode as it's seeing 175deg c. Software said it is motor temp, but it's controller temp per Paul chen from Sabvonton/March motor.

I'm in communication with them and hopefully they'll come through with better service. IF not I might just pick up the adaptto.

His alieexpress store is
Quanshun Motor.
store No 1389549
Cherry zhou
Email address
cherry@tzquanshun.com

The model in SSC72100, but the sticker on the Sabvoton is MQ72100. MQ72100 is what they will rename it to.

First, I had a hell of a time getting it to talk to my laptop. This is after all the USB driver was installed. I thought I gave up on it, but decided to troubleshoot a little further. I plugged in their Bluetooth to the laptop and the bluetooth was flashing. I then plugged the bluetooth unit to the sabvoton and there were no flashing. It turned out, the ground pin on the USB cable B11 was plugged into B9 which isn't grounded. I have a 5vdc output but no ground. So i temporarily run a wire to ground to the the next pin B11, which was ground for the USB, and the bluetooth light up.

B9 is supposed to be the throttle ground, and clearly, pin 9 on the PCB is not connected to ground. I might have a throttle issued later?

Once I have communication going, and connected to it, the controller is seeing 175deg cel (shutdown mode).
I'm not seeing any temp input for it at the moment on the Pin out. I'll be contacting quanshun motor to figure out the issue.

Let's see what else is bad on this Sabvoton controller.

If you guys know which pin is for the temp sensor please let me know so i can connect it to ground while per this info from Di steven on Alie express

Sabvoton Controller
Sabvoton controller flies:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ipt3a1g2u234co9/AAAIxAdwuu6XzuBCSNEfW0ITa?dl=0
Pls. Note: When the Hall connector have 6 wires, it means the controller come with Thermistor/Temperture Sensor, if you don’t want to use this function, you can connect the controller Thermistor/Temperture Sensor wire with ground wire.
If you connect our QS motor with sabvoton controller cannot running, pls. exchange the Green and Blue wires(phase wire and Hall wire) of controller to match with motor.
If the motor with shock and abnormal sound, pls. adjust the parameter “current loop kp”.

Hopefully they'll come through with a service.

Back