E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Cowardlyduck said:
Thanks for explaining Sam.
It's good to understand why and where these limits exist.

I wonder where the rate of diminishing returns really takes over?

Actually this is really easy to know thanks to Justin, and those who have paid to send him motors so that we can flog them to death and see what happens.
Science advances our lives and the engineering at hand is really well known, there is not really anything left to discover.

Here's an example close to home for your leafmotor - the 3540 is pretty close - just that the lams are 0.3mm thick not 0.5mm.
New Picture5.jpg
Yes you can feed a 3540 with it's 35mm wide stator 80v 80 amps. In the bottom right it will hold up for about 10 mins on the flat (depends on wheel size, fat rider etc).

See how the efficiency is 68 percent or less below 50kph? A bad move for squirting about on single trail with stops and starts, or being here on the goldfields. You get a motor that weighs 2kg less. And you add 4 or 6kg in batteries to close the efficiency gap.

See how the green efficiency curve absolutely tanks like a cliff over to the right? Welcome to saturation. You can cool that sucker with a thermonuclear fans, but the cold hard hand of science won't care.

There are plenty of other motors there to play with. There are some small amounts of error. And lots of variables.
Science is awesome!!

I have a question about the stock forks on the new B52 bombers. It seems the right fork leg is longer than the left. It that right? That makes it kind of hard to get the axle through the fork legs.

If you even the legs up at the bottom so that the axle slides through smoothly, the right leg stands higher than the left over the triple tree. What's the explanation for this?

Theodore Voltaire said:
I have a question about the stock forks on the new B52 bombers. It seems the right fork leg is longer than the left. It that right? That makes it kind of hard to get the axle through the fork legs.

If you even the legs up at the bottom so that the axle slides through smoothly, the right leg stands higher than the left over the triple tree. What's the explanation for this?

You talking about the DNM? That leg rebound stroke has more travel to avoid topping out?

URGENT URGENT URGENT DEMO BIKE JUST STOLEN#
Bomber/B52 #658 stolen from Glandore oval Edwardstown around 5pm today. False ID given and name given was Mark and female accomplice driving Red Honda Civic. Mark was unshaven, wearing black arai full face motorcross helmet, wearing dirty high vis top, blue jeans and sneakers. If anyone hears or spots this bike please call Lincoln on 0406 347514. Cheers
39cf0bdb-cf98-42ae-9143-981de37bf4f2_zpsjxenjvxl.jpg
DSC00096_zpshl0r6yrn.jpg

bloody hell. stolen.
will be looking out for that. mark my word.

Makes u wonder what thay do with them not the easyest thing to sell on
Especially in that trim, and no charger etc
Export it i suppose,or break it but still whos gona buy ?
Fockers

kiwiev said:
Lincoln that sucks big time :twisted:

Rick your video is cool and the music, what's that bush you are riding thru? Looks like it has thorns .

Cheers Kiwi

Thanks Kiwi, yah, there is a lot of thorns and cactus needles. I dug about 100 or so out of my tires after the ride. Mr Tuffy in the front, MC on the rear.
Makes u wonder what thay do with them not the easyest thing to sell on
Especially in that trim, and no charger etc
Export it i suppose,or break it but still whos gona buy ?
Fockers

Very true Jimbo. The types of turds that steal these bikes aren't smart, they don't have a clue about charging these batteries, so they can't contact some EM3EV or BMS Batter and order a charger because they don't know what the HVC is. At some point, they will most likely contact Stealth and tell them they lost the charger to their ebike during a recent move and need to buy a new one. This happened last year in the US, some turd that stole a Bomber in Florida contacted Stealth for a battery charger. The Bomber had the frame number plate removed and the serial number on the Vboxx filed off. I filed a courtesy theft report in Nevada and forwarded it to the Miami Dade Police Department for action, don't know what the out come was, but it seems like they were having a hard time finding the victim/owner of the Bomber to positively identify the bike since all identifying number were removed. The positive with Lincoln's bike is we know how to get a hold of the owner. Some things to be aware of though. The yellow trim on this Bomber will most likely be spray painted black and will look like shit. That's how thugs do shit, they try to change the appearance just enough so they don't think people will know the bike is hot. The number plate on the head tube, that's gone. Rear fender may be removed as well. If someone here has photoshop skills, replicate this pic with all of the yellow parts flat black, and the fender removed. Oh yah, if there are stickers those are gone too. I think if Lincoln's Bomber is located, that's how it will be found.

QMS said:
URGENT URGENT URGENT DEMO BIKE JUST STOLEN#
Bomber/B52 #658 stolen from Glandore oval Edwardstown around 5pm today. False ID given and name given was Mark and female accomplice driving Red Honda Civic. Mark was unshaven, wearing black arai full face motorcross helmet, wearing dirty high vis top, blue jeans and sneakers. If anyone hears or spots this bike please call Lincoln on 0406 347514. Cheers
39cf0bdb-cf98-42ae-9143-981de37bf4f2_zpsjxenjvxl.jpg
DSC00096_zpshl0r6yrn.jpg

I presume he took it for a test ride and never came back
and I would start taking a picture of every rider and take there dna on a lolly stick and fook me i would of followed him on a 65mph bomber adappto 12kw

I need to ask this again because I'm still not clear on the answer. With the new DNM forks on B52s, is it correct that the lower legs don't line up the axle holes. This doesn't seem like a good idea to me. What nincompoop thought up that design?

Theodore Voltaire said:
I need to ask this again because I'm still not clear on the answer. With the new DNM forks on B52s, is it correct that the lower legs don't line up the axle holes. This doesn't seem like a good idea to me. What nincompoop thought up that design?

Its because they are a separate function fork. My current fork on my FIghter (Groove 180) is the same way.

Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

Its because they are a separate function fork. My current fork on my FIghter (Groove 180) is the same way.

Is seems like this would load the wheel bearing a little.

Another question is about the tightening procedure for the axle. Since the axle doesn't thread into the fork leg, what does the bolt on the right side of the axle do? Does it just act kind of like a cosmetic cover for the end of the axle?

TV,
the top of the fork legs need to be even on both sides..
the front axle end nuts are a second security for not losing your front wheel..
http://www.dnmshock.com/upload_files/fork-manual.pdf

Theodore Voltaire said:
Rix said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

Is seems like this would load the wheel bearing a little.

Another question is about the tightening procedure for the axle. Since the axle doesn't thread into the fork leg, what does the bolt on the right side of the axle do? Does it just act kind of like a cosmetic cover for the end of the axle?

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
TV,
the top of the fork legs need to be even on both sides..
the front axle end nuts are a second security for not losing your front wheel..
http://www.dnmshock.com/upload_files/fork-manual.pdf

Alright, so what's the procedure for tightening the axle? Axle end cap first I assume, then the pinch bolts in the lower leg? I noticed once the pinch bolts are tight, you can't turn the end caps.

front wheel installation for DNM usd8 :
1.Apply a light coat of water-proof grease to the axle..
2.Fit the wheel into place between the fork legs. The brake disc should sit on the left
side..
3.Guide brake disc into the brake caliper so the disc fits between the brake pads..
4.Insert the axle.. Tap the axle into place with a rubber mallet if needed..
5.Install the axle cap bolts..
6.Tighten the axle cap bolts to specification with an 8 mm hex socket..
Torque (N-m) 27 - 29
Torque (ft-lbs.) 20 - 22
7.Hold the front brake and compress the forks by pushing on the handlebar a few
times to seat the axle. Tighten the axle clamp bolts evenly to specification with a 5
mm hex socket..
Torque (N-m) 8 - 9
Torque (ft-lbs.) 6 - 7

Theodore Voltaire said:
Alright, so what's the procedure for tightening the axle? Axle end cap first I assume, then the pinch bolts in the lower leg? I noticed once the pinch bolts are tight, you can't turn the end caps.

I don't want to go too off topic in this thread, but just an update for those who were interested. My Leaf Motor arrived for my Fighter yesterday.
I originally asked for (and was told I would get) 165mm shoulders, 250mm total axle length, and 16mm nuts.
They only delivered on the shoulders at 165mm...everything else is as stock, so ~220mm total length, and 14mm nuts. I'm really not too fussed though as the most important attribute I wanted changed was the shoulders, and they delivered on that...at no extra charge, so I'm happy with it anyway, and it will still work better than the HS40 axle IMO.
It also looks like it will fit another old E-Bike I'm in the process of repairing so it won't go to waste if my HS4080 ends up being the reliable option for my Fighter. :)
The original stock 10g spokes from my Fighters HS4065 also (just) fit the spoke holes in this motor, so hopefully the length works also. :)
I'll let the pics tell the rest of the story. :)

DSC_2312.jpg

DSC_2314.jpg

DSC_2317.jpg

As you can see...weight is about right as anticipated...although I wasn't sure if your meant to weigh with the wires...they take it up to 7.3Kg.
DSC_2319.jpg

Looks like my original torque blocks were actually meant for a 14mm axle (is that what the X5 motor's have?)...so no changes needed. :)
DSC_2321.jpg

And before anyone goes circling the drop-out anomaly above, be aware, we added a small amount of metal (via welder) to the inside of the dropout to repair some of the wear. I'm just yet to grind it back.
DSC_2322.jpg

So all in all, the Leaf Motor makes a good fit for the Fighter...time will tell if it's a good fit power wise, but considering it's about equal in torque with the HS35xx motor's the Fighters originally came with I would say it will be. :)

Cheers

Hope the bike gets recovered QMS!!

Samd said:
In fact when the coils can't make the extra power into magnetic field, it's forced to make it into radically more heat. A cooling system can carry it away to stop the motor burning out, but you don't get a chance for that extra kinetic energy out of the back end of the bike.

Thanks for picking up the torch Sam & explaining saturation from a few more angles. It's a cornerstone topic for hotrodding & with the easy availability of 10kW+ controllers now there's plenty of opportunity to bump against that fundamental limit on many hub motors.

Back