Stealth FUTR owners builds and pics

Laced up a 24*50mm front rim with a 3" berm master
Unfortunately the 19*3.75 inch rear tyre ain't gonna cut it.
Pass me the five inch grinder dear.
IMG_20150815_222526.jpg
IMG_20150815_222611.jpg

Unfortunately schlumpf hsd looks like at least a 30 tooth front is needed to clear swinger.
Equivalent to a 75t front :mrgreen:

Rodney64 said:
Fitted the throttle and batteries

[][/url]

Also wired up the circuit breaker so all I need to do now is fit soldier the hall wires.

I'm using a 120 amp circuit breaker. I will need to set max amps on the max-e at 120.

pg[/img][/url]

Rod, I like your bike, its looks great with the 3.00-17 SR241 front and rear. Whats your initial impression riding around under pedal power only? Your bike looks like an old school TT short tracker. How much clearance do on between the sides of the swingarm and tire?

@SamD, holy tire batman, that's a big rear tire you got on you machine. Got to weigh 10 or 11 pounds. What did you plan on doing with it?

Rodney64 said:

Also wired up the circuit breaker so all I need to do now is fit soldier the hall wires.

I'm using a 120 amp circuit breaker. I will need to set max amps on the max-e at 120.

Rod, what throttle are you using? Looks like a moto throttle from image.

9lives said:
Rodney64 said:

Yes it a motorcycle throttle, testing at this stage. Domino Motorcycle Cable Throttle.

Kepler said:
Bike looks great Rod. The small splashes of red really suit the white frame. Size wise, the bike looks to be good fit for you too. Look forward to hearing how the bike performs and how it compares to other builds you have done.
the bike feels good Kelper. Just need the seat up a bit higher. Standover heights good for me as well.

Rix said:
Rodney64 said:

pg[/img][/url]

Rod, I like your bike. Whats your initial impression riding around under pedal power only? Your bike looks like an old school TT short tracker. How much clearance do on between the sides of the swingarm and tire?

Felt good Rick, not too cramped and it will be good for pedalling. My knees never touched the sides. The clearance between the tyre is 10ml exactly on each side.

Samd said:
Laced up a 24*50mm front rim with a 3" berm master
Unfortunately the 19*3.75 inch rear tyre ain't gonna cut it.
Pass me the five inch grinder dear.

Unfortunately schlumpf hsd looks like at least a 30 tooth front is needed to clear swinger.
Equivalent to a 75t front :mrgreen:

Hey Sam. You might be able to build a good ebike but your photography skills suck.

Step up young man and give us some better detail. :p

I haha a deliberate tease.

Actually my kids killed my Samsung. Welcome to the aldi phone camera

Fancy a ride from Ballarat to creswick in the mud soon?

I have her running, a lot of hard work

[youtube]OUxBxEIcff4[/youtube]

Photo today after my first test ride. I made a change and fitted a DNM 220mm 550 lb rear shock to the rear. The shock is in the Lowest position. (More bottom bracket clearance)

Running 48 volt I managed 60kph,

Rod very sweet, leave it to you to get the first Flux going. You should change your OVS to 7 and tell me what you get for top speed.

Rod, keep in mind those breakers are typically specced for 12 or 24v operation so will behave differently at higher voltage. Unless others have documented that specific type it might be a bit of a 'suck it and see' type outcome. Did you change something around with your shock position ? Previously you said the BB clearance was 400mm but it's now only 360mm ?

I moved my shock mount from the bottom to top position (only one hole up) and it dropped the BB height quite nicely. Moving the shock mount up ~10mm has dropped the BB 400mm down to 360mm and I can now flat foot the bike. I would ideally like the bike a tad lower again but this is easily achievable by trimming a bit off the top of the seat tube. 10mm off will sit me as low as I need to go for the steep and technical sort of offroading I often do. It could still go lower again by flipping the seat mount upside down, but I dont want the BB any lower than this and for my height it wont be necessary.

Kepler said:
Hey Sam. You might be able to build a good ebike but your photography skills suck.
Step up young man and give us some better detail. :p
Yeah what a hack :p
Allow me to bring balance to the force :)

Flux-Alpha2-ES.jpg

View attachment 1

I'm amazed your camera focused on those wee little tyres Jay. :p

Here ya go kep.
IMG_20150816_172535.jpg
My biter is looking cool.

Fair bit of room in the swingarm of a phasor I am building. Might see if the customer prefers a moto rear because I would hate to ever have to get that tyre back off! Getting it on was like trying to square dance Gina Rhinehart in a phone booth.
IMG_20150816_173124.jpg
Tempted to get my fabricator to knock some space into that swinger. That speedway tyre would be perfect for all the local goldfields clay and gorse. Would love this 3.75 inch tyre.

Phasor swinger for contrast with 3 inch Berm Master
IMG_20150816_173051.jpg

Samd said:
I'm amazed your camera focused on those wee little tyres Jay. :p
hah, it's only a mock up at this stage, but this will be my middle weight bike so won't be getting anything too chunky.

Here's a few more shots.

Flux-Alpha4-ES.jpg

Flux-Alpha5-ES.jpg

Flux-Alpha6-ES.jpg

Absolutely fantastic. Both colours rock!

Rodney64 said:
9lives said:
Rodney64 said:

Also wired

Yes it a motorcycle throttle, testing at this stage. Domino Motorcycle Cable Throttle.

Kepler said:
Bike looks great Rod. The small splashes of red really suit the white frame. Size wise, the bike looks to be good fit for you too. Look forward to hearing how the bike performs and how it compares to other builds you have done.
the bike feels good Kelper. Just need the seat up a bit higher. Standover heights good for me as well.

Rix said:
Rodney64 said:

[][/url]

pg[/img][/url]

Rod, I like your bike. Whats your initial impression riding around under pedal power only? Your bike looks like an old school TT short tracker. How much clearance do on between the sides of the swingarm and tire?

Felt good Rick, not too cramped and it will be good for pedalling. My knees never touched the sides. The clearance between the tyre is 10ml exactly on each side.

Nice throtle. :mrgreen:

Hey Im ready to order my rear shock. which one should I go for?

1. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FLTZ2ZS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1439853386&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=dnm+shock&dpPl=1&dpID=41aSiUPmucL&ref=plSrch

2. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LM3FPMC/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1439853386&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=dnm+shock&dpPl=1&dpID=51I5JHoG4zL&ref=plSrch

3. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012C9ZF10/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?qid=1439853745&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=dnm+shock

fullonoob said:
Hey Im ready to order my rear shock. which one should I go for?

1. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FLTZ2ZS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1439853386&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=dnm+shock&dpPl=1&dpID=41aSiUPmucL&ref=plSrch

2. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00LM3FPMC/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1439853386&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=dnm+shock&dpPl=1&dpID=51I5JHoG4zL&ref=plSrch

3. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012C9ZF10/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?qid=1439853745&sr=8-11&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=dnm+shock

The DNM 220mm with the spring seems to be the better of those two options. With our big heavy eBikes, most people don't like the air shocks. Also, the air shock is a bit short (at a maximum of 190) unless you are trying to get the bike lower or are really compensating for some bigger wheels.

EDIT: AH! You're a quick one. You edited the post before I finished responding. :wink: Option 3 would be great to handle the weight but 280 seems a bit too long. Your geometry will be off. Unless you like that NHRA funny car look on your eBike. :)

chilau2000 said:
Hi Hiyena
A few questions on your build ?
Rear shock length
Hubmotor and spoke gauge
Shock length is 220mm and unless you're quite tall I reckon this is the way to go. With the seat post right at the bottom and adjustability in the shock mount it will suit people down to 5'6" up to around 6' before you even start to play with the length of the seat post.
Hope motor and spoke gauge is 'choose your own adventure' depending on how and where you ride. On this build mine will be a mid spec hub motor and either adaptto mini or maxi

fullonoob said:
How hard is it to ream the bb?
You'll need the special milling tool. Unless you already have it I was planning to buy the tool and do this so it's already supplied pre-done. I'm thinking I would also need to supply the special box spanner that's used for inserting the drive. The tool is $200+ so you guys don't want to have to buy that but the box spanner is only $20 and it's both necessary for installation and useful to have if you even want to remove the drive for servicing or replacement. If a group of you in each country want to share the spanner you can but for $20 I would think it's probably not worth the shipping costs to bounce it around.

Hyena said:
chilau2000 said:
Hi Hiyena
A few questions on your build ?
Rear shock length
Hubmotor and spoke gauge
Shock length is 220mm and unless you're quite tall I reckon this is the way to go. With the seat post right at the bottom and adjustability in the shock mount it will suit people down to 5'6" up to around 6' before you even start to play with the length of the seat post.
Hope motor and spoke gauge is 'choose your own adventure' depending on how and where you ride. On this build mine will be a mid spec hub motor and either adaptto mini or maxi

fullonoob said:
How hard is it to ream the bb?
You'll need the special milling tool. Unless you already have it I was planning to buy the tool and do this so it's already supplied pre-done. I'm thinking I would also need to supply the special box spanner that's used for inserting the drive. The tool is $200+ so you guys don't want to have to buy that but the box spanner is only $20 and it's both necessary for installation and useful to have if you even want to remove the drive for servicing or replacement. If a group of you in each country want to share the spanner you can but for $20 I would think it's probably not worth the shipping costs to bounce it around.

I dont now what the spanner is but it sounds like i will need one :wink:

Ok, i went to the web to find out (try to learn something new every day :mrgreen: )
But they are loads of things called "spanner" :lol:
m_pic_ph05.jpg

Box spanner(G), multiC spanner(G), C-spanner(B)
What is the one you are talking about?

Back