Please close this thread---it's ruined at page three

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend Randy, you've frocked the page view again by applying overly-wide pictures above.

"Assertions" are all yours. I have cited that the EV Tech Point One pack has been on the market and been used HARD for a year and one half.

The maker, EV Tech's Doug Canfield, says no bad cells have turned up.

These are not assertions. They are rather credible records of facts.

If the packs were failing, we'd hear about them failing--big time, from disappointed users.

Doug has worked with batteries since '85 or so;
I tend to take his word, inasmuch as his clients all back him up.

There will be failures of BMS and charger here and there.
And a bad cell will show up eventually,

but, Randy, it's been running for a year and a half now.
And the packs are not dying.

Assertions are one thing. Irresponsible slanders are another.

Anywho, the page view has been frocked.
If you won't take a care and repair the view,
please don't plaster page three with wide ass pictures.

You do have an edit function, you know?

Thanks Randy. I could never hate you. I even like you.

Reid

There's no debating severe personality disorders.... :roll:

Regardless of his particular preference for testosterone blow-offs,
I will allow for him into my circle of life.

Randy, three related questions:

where can I buy a big Kokam pack and how much will it cost,
and where are the user reports. user reports. user reports?

I do think Kokam must be best. I want to know how the flying frock
to buy such a pack a fair market price, or at any price, all ready to
go (encased, as in their catalog pictures.

I want most of all: user reportsuser reportsuser reportsuser reportsuser reportsuser reportsuser reportsuser reportsuser reports,

that's the big thing: user reports. Where are they?
How about you? No?

Hmmm..

PS: Please do not quote this entire post, if at all.
People, including me, don't need or like that habit.

Hi

You don't have to tip toe around with Draper he is from the same mould some of the power assisters are born from, the fact is Randys very own batteries are made from the same pouch supplier that these batteries are!! so he is shooting himself in the foot again.

There have been BMS failures that is true but the packs are holding up, just go and ask over on the TF forum as there are quite a few users over there that are having no problems at all after over a years daily use of these packs.

Sure the Chinese stuff can be a little rough around the edges but it works generally and works well, try getting a pack from Saft or Kokam for the same price, I know these packs will be better but they would cost twice as much or more.

You cant believe anything Randy says as it appears he has either fell off his now illegal brick moped and banged his head because he has forgotten that he supplied Ken Trough with one of his motors and it burned up!! now he is saying he never did, so he is either lying or his already rotten brain is rotting even more.

I used to Like Randy but he has turned real sour now and is just a pain, I don't know why he wants to change the world e-bikes are now illegal probably the local authorities saw his 50 min videos and decided it would be good for business if holiday makers thought the island was full of old men on high speed un insured dangerous 50 dollar walmart e-bikes!! he has probably stitched himself up! he he, hey are you going to enter the cycle to sun race this year????? no you cant coz they banned you from that as well!! ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha

Knoxie

knoxie said:
Hi

You don't have to tip toe around with Draper he is from the same mould some of the power assisters are born from, the fact is Randys very own batteries are made from the same pouch supplier that these batteries are!! so he is shooting himself in the foot again.

There have been BMS failures that is true but the packs are holding up, just go and ask over on the TF forum as there are quite a few users over there that are having no problems at all after over a years daily use of these packs.

Sure the Chinese stuff can be a little rough around the edges but it works generally and works well, try getting a pack from Saft or Kokam for the same price, I know these packs will be better but they would cost twice as much or more.

You cant believe anything Randy says as it appears he has either fell off his now illegal brick moped and banged his head because he has forgotten that he supplied Ken Trough with one of his motors and it burned up!! now he is saying he never did, so he is either lying or his already rotten brain is rotting even more.

I used to Like Randy but he has turned real sour now and is just a pain, I don't know why he wants to change the world e-bikes are now illegal probably the local authorities saw his 50 min videos and decided it would be good for business if holiday makers thought the island was full of old men on high speed un insured dangerous 50 dollar walmart e-bikes!! he has probably stitched himself up! he he, hey are you going to enter the cycle to sun race this year????? no you cant coz they banned you from that as well!! ha ha.

Ha ha ha ha

Knoxie
Love you too.
Endless-sphere.com
Electric Vehicle Technology Forums
FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups
Profile You have no new messages Log out [ EbikeMaui ]

Comparisons? WattHrs/mi/lb. @ speed
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Endless-sphere.com Forum Index -> E-Bike Reviews & Testing
View previous topic :: View next topic
Drunkskunk
10 µW

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:52 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mathurin wrote:
Lowell wrote:
I propose a new unit of measure: Volcanos per coulumb per stone.

+1

And to make things fair for everyone, units should be variable.

Wouldn't you need to devide it by the weight of the beer consumed?

TylerDurden
1 kW

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:58 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drunkskunk wrote:
Mathurin wrote:
Lowell wrote:
I propose a new unit of measure: Volcanos per coulumb per stone.

+1

And to make things fair for everyone, units should be variable.

Wouldn't you need to devide it by the weight of the beer consumed?

Only if the ride is less than 10 min.

TD

Lowell
10 kW

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:11 pm Post subject:

Non alcohol beer of course.

Coulombs and stones... well they're set in stone. We just need to agree on a standardized volcano unit.

Bike and rider weight of 20 stones, and I use about 50,000 coulombs to get to work. I just need the work-trip to volcano conversion factor...

Mathurin
10 kW

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:12 pm Post subject:

But, shurely 4% vs 9% beer should be quantified differently?

Last time I drank two 1.18l's of 5.9% beer, I had to walk my bike a good part of the way to get home, plus I had to stop each 15m to take a leak. Really, it hurt my bike's efficiency.

Lowell
10 kW

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:31 pm Post subject:

Mathurin wrote:

Last time I drank two 1.18l's of 5.9% beer, I had to walk my bike a good part of the way to get home, plus I had to stop each 15m to take a leak. Really, it hurt my bike's efficiency.

Every 15 meters?

xyster
100 kW

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:38 pm Post subject:

Lowell wrote:
Mathurin wrote:

Every 15 meters?

To help increase your bike's efficiency, wear one of these:
http://www.urology.coloplast.com/bladder-control/incontinence-male/male-external-catheters.htm

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=148

Lowell
10 kW

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:52 pm Post subject:

Drink from this:
http://www.thebeerbelly.com/

And then....
http://www.stadiumpal.com/

Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

Endless-sphere.com Forum Index -> E-Bike Reviews & Testing All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Stop watching this topic

Jump to: Select a forum General----------------General DiscussionPolls & SurveysFAQ Electric Vehicles----------------E-Vehicles General Discussion Electric Bicycles----------------E-Bike General DiscussionE-Bike TechnicalE-Bike Reviews & TestingE-Bike Photos & Video Electric Scooters and Motorcycles----------------E-Scooter and Motorcycle General DiscussionE-Scooter and Motorcycle Photos & Videos Online Market----------------Resources & EV Related PartsBuying & SearchingSelling & Surplus

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You can vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum