Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

I forgot to mention :
-In Road legal 2 mode, now and then suddenly it accelerates full power 15A without any reason.
-When using the "instant legal" shortcut on the phone, all settings of the Speedict get erased and my bike won't work before I set everything up again (wheel in the air for throttle min/max again etc, my back hurts...)
-The map function doesn't zoom out, so you have no idea of where you are
-Pas readings are not stable, it reads 0 every now and then, stopping the motor (I tried different sensors and positions as I thought it was my fault)
-The (voltage) alarm function cannot be used as my phone starts alarming for no reason and it won't stop until I deactivate the function.

I'm sure I've forgotten some still...

OK, I said a few posts back that I probably wouldn't be using the throttle functions on my Mercury, but now I'd like to try it. Problem is, the leads that come with the kit aren't long enough. Does anyone know what the connectors are? Any chance they're the same as the "Futaba servo" extension cords from Hobby King?

9689(1).jpg

Yes those look exactly the same as the ones that came with the Speedict.

And I remember another problem :
The pas does not recognize back pedaling, so when you go backwards, and the wheel pulls the pedals back, the bike suddenly starts accelerating if you forget to set pas lvl to 0 or turn it off.
It was quite exiting, the wheely between the tables of the local café when I wanted to back out....

knutselmaaster, I second all your statements. When I first received the mercury, it was very promising but the thing is just some unreliable. I removed all throttle functions and strictly use it to monitor AH usage during my rides. Save your money and by a CA.

Speedict updated their facebook for Neptune Lite shipment on Mid-Sept. with 30% discount off, $86 include shipment and support from 10s up to 15s

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 7.18.33 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 7.18.33 pm.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 4,484
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 7.18.22 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 7.18.22 pm.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 4,484
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 7.35.44 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 7.35.44 pm.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 4,484
rosich said:
include shipment and support from 10s up to 15s
I thought the upper limit was 13S?

megacycle said:
rosich said:

yes, now not fixed to 13 cells, just downloaded the user guide the multi-cell support via different wiring scheme.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5VoC0prU-ShblNDdVdkTDVITFk/view

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 7.39.43 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 7.39.43 pm.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 4,445
megacycle said:
rosich said:

the last diagram was misleading, this is the another one i capture from user guide, it support multi-cell via wiring scheme.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 8.48.57 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 8.48.57 pm.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 4,442
I tried to use the Mercury, like said earlier, don't bother... Use it for monitoring... I'm installing an adaptto now, comes with pas integrated!

rosich said:
the last diagram was misleading, this is the another one i capture from user guide, it support multi-cell via wiring scheme.
Thanks rosich, this is perfect for a 15S bike, I have with a speedict already fitted :D.

Racer_X said:
Anybody know where i can buy the JST PH 2.0mm female 15 pin connector plug w/wire?

You'd need 16 pins, might have to use a DSUB or 2x 8S JST.

Racer_X said:
the Neptune lite sounds interesting and i would like to experiment with it.

Anybody know where i can buy the JST PH 2.0mm female 15 pin connector plug w/wire?

That is what i would need to connect my 15s lipos to the board right?

best i could find was a 12 pin
JST-PH-2-0mm-12-Pin-Female-Connector-with-Wire-and-male-connector-x-10-sets.jpg

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/JST-...-and-male-connector-x-10-sets/2043139798.html

do you mean want a female connector for Neptune ? i pre-ordered one and contacted with Danny, as per his information it will come with 1 x temperature sensor + 1 x ph2.0 16 pin female connector with 150mm long wire ... i suggest 150mm is too short !

megacycle said:
You'd need 16 pins, might have to use a DSUB or 2x 8S JST.

rosich said:
do you mean want a female connector for Neptune ? i pre-ordered one and contacted with Danny, as per his information it will come with 1 x temperature sensor + 1 x ph2.0 16 pin female connector with 150mm long wire ... i suggest 150mm is too short !

Great input guys, thanks. Looks like it will be easier than i thought! :twisted:

Hello,

I've asked few questions to Danny and here are the answers:
Q: Could it be plugged constantly on the battery without problem?
A: no problem, it has 2 power save mode and you can even completely shutdown.

1. power off : you can extend its power button for complete system shutdown
2. sleep : you can put system into sleep mode with ~2mA power consumption and can be wake up via bluetooth

--

Q: If so, does it use the power from all cells and not only 2 cells? Because I tried to plug constantly the cell-log and it is using power from the first 2 cells and end up making the battery pack disbalanced
A: see the user guide page 12. you can manually stop and start recording to prevent unwanted data such as idle time, so you can ...

1. go to memory option, press the START button and do your battery stress test, after that press the button to stop and generate new single record.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5VoC0prU-ShblNDdVdkTDVITFk/view

--

Q: And lastly, I suppose it would constantly record the last 130 hours of battery usage? Similar to the CCTV cameras? Or does it only record when charge/discharge is significant?
A: unlike cell-log use passive component for cell measurement, Neptune Lite use dedicate battery management IC which is powered by pack voltage !

One very convenient thing to have would be automatic "recording on" and "recording off" based on pack activity.

For example:
- If the battery has significant +0.5v or -0.5v difference then recording would be automatically on.
- If the battery hasn't had any voltage variation for more than 2 minute then recording automatically switches off.
- It would work like a CCTV camera, and new recording erase old one.

That would save some hassle to set up recording.

To some extent, Neptune lite could be a cell health tracker and I foresee one permanently on my pack to monitor my cells on a weekly basis to make sure no issue happened with them. It's also a good one when a battery pack has just been created.

Thanks for this product!

cwah said:
For example:
- If the battery has significant +0.5v or -0.5v difference then recording would be automatically on.
- If the battery hasn't had any voltage variation for more than 2 minute then recording automatically switches off.
- It would work like a CCTV camera, and new recording erase old one.

great idea, beside SHUTDOWN and SLEEP, Neptune Lite will add new MONITOR mode, with this mode selected Neptune only shutdown its bluetooth, reduce hardware power consumption and keep monitoring cell delta voltage until :

1. wake up by bluetooth
2. (POR) power on reset, power off and on via power button

when ebike is in idle state, user can :

1. leave it power on until enter to sleep mode
2. shutdown Neptune Lite
3. turn on MONITOR mode via android device

we will consider it on next software update.

SPEEDICT DEVELOPMENT TEAM

Nice, you're not replying to complaining customers, but you do reply if you think it will make you sell....
That is great support!

Talking about software update; When are the old, not properly working, speedicts going to be updated???

knutselmaaster said:
Nice, you're not replying to complaining customers, but you do reply if you think it will make you sell....
That is great support!

Talking about software update; When are the old, not properly working, speedicts going to be updated???

all updated firmware are available via firmware upgrade feature via Android device, up to this moment we don't have bugs reported need software fix.

knutselmaaster said:
Hello Danny.
I have just finished reading this whole thread.
Also I've been very busy trying out my Mercury since about a week.
I have a lot of problems with the Android app crashing.
I have a Sony Xperia Z2 and I tried the official 5.01 and 5.02 android versions.
The most annoying problem is that when I try to change the dashboard settings, like min and max battery gauge, the app crashes and all settings that I changed since the last start of the app are lost.
When I set battery lvl alarm it starts screaming without any reason and it won't stop.
And often, it just crashes without any significant reason...

Also, when I change the settings of the pas mode I currently use, reading and writing settings sometimes take ages or don't happen at all. Only rebooting the Speedict (power off/on) seems to make it work again.
I got enormous spikes in the amp reading.
I have 36v and about 10a on a geared (non regen) motor.
My max amp is often over 5000A
5000A!
And I have similar spikes in regen.

Is there an update coming for the app?
Are the false readings because of a faulty Speedict ?

Thank you

knutselmaaster said:
The support is as good as the product....
I removed the Speedict from the bike, and used it on another.
Other motor, other controller, different sensors and a different mode (was on pas mode, now on road legal 2)
I have the same troubles:
-Speedict stops controlling (no accelerator output) every now and then
-When I try to change the Speedict settings, it bugs and the connection stalls, and all settings are lost. (have fun setting min and max throttle in the middle of the street, lifting the bike)
-Data are useless (6000w on 36v system etc)
-The Android app is totally unstable (tried 3 different phones, 6 android versions)
-There is no support

And the price has just been raised by 20%!

I am so deceived about this product.
I wanted to integrate it in the bikes I sell but that just is not possible.
Besides the bugs and problems, the settings are so difficult to understand and unexplained that even an experienced technician like me has to use trial and error to get it to react as I want, it will be impossible to give proper customer support as there are no clear instructions that I could give them.

It is a shame as the product has a lot of potential.

Arduino here I come....

knutselmaaster said:
I forgot to mention :
-In Road legal 2 mode, now and then suddenly it accelerates full power 15A without any reason.
-When using the "instant legal" shortcut on the phone, all settings of the Speedict get erased and my bike won't work before I set everything up again (wheel in the air for throttle min/max again etc, my back hurts...)
-Pas readings are not stable, it reads 0 every now and then, stopping the motor (I tried different sensors and positions as I thought it was my fault)
-The (voltage) alarm function cannot be used as my phone starts alarming for no reason and it won't stop until I deactivate the function.

O really?

knutselmaaster said:
I forgot to mention :

try upload your port status report us, see if we can help to pin point your settings since Speedict Mercury need some time to fine tune it.

Too late, I have already spent way too much time on this, and I certainly won't disassemble my customers bike again.
My plan was to sell bikes with speedicts but the errors and lack of support have made me search for another solution, which I found a long time ago already.

Back