Stealth Bomber goes Adaptto at 12kW

My next upgrade is ready.
This is the kickstand built by me, the crutch is built with a hardened steel head molded together with the pre-preg carbon in autoclave. The bottom plate is made with hardened steel and the spacers are made with ergal 7075 as the upper supports.
This is the crutch just out of the mold:
20150728_181940.jpg

Here you see how deeply the plate comes:
20150624_225710.jpg

These are some images that shows the parts together:
20150818_182813.jpg

20150818_182706.jpg

20150818_182903.jpg

Every black metal part is powder coated and here is on the bike:
20150819_233300.jpg

20150819_233405.jpg

20150821_184144.jpg

That is one nice kick stand Grande Allesagio. Wow! Your skills got skillz.

@Captain Crapper, love the avatar name, welcome to the thread. Yes, Stealth Bikes are indeed "Rad". Do you have one or are planning to get one? Edit, I see that you are new to ES, if you want to read a lot more about Stealth Ebikes, check out this thread. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&start=11750

Rix said:

@Captain Crapper, love the avatar name, welcome to the thread. Yes, Stealth Bikes are indeed "Rad". Do you have one or are planning to get one? Edit, I see that you are new to ES, if you want to read a lot more about Stealth Ebikes, check out this thread. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&start=11750

Thanks Rix for the link, I will check that out.

Captaincrapper said:
Rix said:

Thanks Rix for the link, I will check that out.

Anytime.

wow that kickstand is awesome. great job^^

madin88 said:
wow that kickstand is awesome. great job^^

Allex said:
Beautiful stand, you should post about it in the stealth thread, maybe you can sell those?
What happend with the rear mudguard?

Thank you for the kind words. I've posted in the stealth bike thread also.
Been summer I prefer to ride with the smaller rear mud guard then in winter I'll reinstall the other piece.

Rodney64 said:
Was there a lot of trial and error in making this kickstand. Would love one for my flux build. I might have a go a making one myself.

Yes it was. But I have done the 3D model of the rear swing arm and wheel with ptc creo so when I made the molds and the CNC parts everything was fine!

Yah Simone, your work is nothing short of art. Hands down the most techy home made kicks stand I have seen. Your skills have skills.

any plans on selling a run of aftermarket kickstands for the stealths?

me thinks there would be demand, and its a compact item to ship..

Yes, I will evaluate the price to sell this kickstand. The idea I have is to offer the part like Stealth bike does. I can make one set of CNC parts and one molded crutch at a a time. The buyer will pay for the kickstand and it will be made with in a certain time that I don't know now. May I sell this parts on Items for Sale - New?

bigbore said:
Yes, I will evaluate the price to sell this kickstand. The idea I have is to offer the part like Stealth bike does. I can make one set of CNC parts and one molded crutch at a a time. The buyer will pay for the kickstand and it will be made with in a certain time that I don't know now. May I sell this parts on Items for Sale - New?

Yes, i believe so. (new, meaning never used)

bigbore said:

PM Amberwolf, he can make sure you are in compliance with ES for selling items.

My next upgrade is done. I have installed a MC rim 19x1.6 with a Maxiss Maxcros 70/100-19. With this MC tyre I have added only 1Kg at the total weight of the rear wheel.
20150928_124033.jpg

20150929_154630.jpg

Halo Contra 24X3.0 has a diameter of 650mm and width 70mm and Maxiss Maxcros 70/100-19 has a diameter of 616mm and width 73mm.
During the first ride I reached a top speed of 84Km/h checked with GPS and before the change I was doing about 90Km/h with OVS =3.0°

Do you like the new look of the Bomber?
Stock rim is currently mounted with Berm Master 24X3.0 tyre so I can change the front wheel very fast.
A couple of month ago I bought a pair of new Double Track complete wheels from ebay because I wanted to change the rear rim, then I changed my mind about the rear. Now I think this front rim looks better then the stock one that have a little scratch on it.
I'm sending you PM about the display clamp.

bigbore said:
Do you like the new look of the Bomber?
Stock rim is currently mounted with Berm Master 24X3.0 tyre so I can change the front wheel very fast.
A couple of month ago I bought a pair of new Double Track complete wheels from ebay because I wanted to change the rear rim, then I changed my mind about the rear. Now I think this front rim looks better then the stock one that have a little scratch on it.
I'm sending you PM about the display clamp.

Love the look on your Bomber, just a neat machine, from the custom kickstand to the fenders, to the rear MC wheel, bellisimo motobici indeed.

Rix said:
Love the look on your Bomber, just a neat machine, from the custom kickstand to the fenders, to the rear MC wheel, bellisimo motobici indeed.

Yeah exactly! You know how I consider this machine :D
Then this is a little upgrade I made to avoid tripping the apartment breaker when it should not.
I found out the AC 63A breaker could be tripped if a continuous power >10kW is requested by the controller for more then 2Km so I bought these two DC 63A 125V breaker that I will use in parallel:
20151024_181910_1.jpg

Here it is on the Bomber:
20151024_220003_1.jpg

20151024_220755_1.jpg

There is a difference from the previous AC breaker and it is I did not hear the pop of the spark when I closed the two contacts 8)

Back