Most Annoying ...

Once in a while, people who are not experts in a field, invent something that people in the field never thought was possible. So it is generally good to not always believe others. But this is just too simple a concept to not get immediately.

My Most Annoying ..
This usually occure when i ride behind Motorists who use the washer & wipers to clean there wind shield (screen).
Coating the rider with soap / antifreeze (washer fliud)
ummmmmm nice. :!:

The National Beureau of Standards' for the shortest unit of time is the difference between when the traffic light in front of you turns green and the NYC taxi cab behind you honks his horn.

New!
Most Annoying!!

Went through a Burger King drive-through ... on eBike, of course ...
They insisted that I must come inside to place order! ... ???

See here for a bit of OT related to the above; Iv'e quoted my own post in that but there are others
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=72116&p=1094064#p1093461

amberwolf said:
OT:

1JohnFoster said:
rsilvers said:
So I tried going through the drive-through, and they would not serve me there. They said someone could hit me from behind.

That's funny. I go thru drive thru's all the time with a bike. Probably they just got on your case because you rolled in the door first.
Here in Phoenix, it depends on the place, but most won't serve "walkups" at the drive thru, and consider anyone not in a car-sized or larger vehicle to be a walkup. Most also won't let bikes inside, though some do. I've seen BMX bikes inside Wendy's up at Metrocenter, but the Burger King near there is very agressive about not allowing htem--if someone starts to walk in with one they actually come around the coutner and get in their way and tell them to get out.

These days I don't typically have the money/time for it, but when I used to go a fair bit, my bikes would usually trigger the sensors at the order-spot, but I have had places refuse to take my money/give me my order when I get up to that window, because I am not in a car. Sometimes they'll say to come in, but I don't see why I should have to when others don't, so I just leave and try to find somewhere else that will let me, or just go home (or wherever I was headed) and get something there, or do without.

Some of them the order-spot doesn't detect anything but large car-sized vehicles (not even big touring motorcycles), so you coudln't make an order anyway. Most won't detect bicycles (mine are a lot larger and more steel mass low to the ground).

Some say on their signage to that effect that it's to prevent robberies, (not sure how being in a car would stop someone from robbing them and driving away even faster than a cyclist or pedestrian could go, but...that's what the signs say). Some don't have signs, and some just have signs saying no walkups or no pedestrians. I think I remember one with an actual "no bicycles" sign, and there was at least one place that also won't serve motorcyclists, or anyone in an "open" vehicle (convertible-top cars included) which made no sense to me at all.

I've been told by a few people that they think it's because someone in a car can't easily get out of their seat and reach in to grab the person inside the serving window, but from what I can see it would be *easier* for many of them to do that, just by pulling up their tall SUV or truck real close to the side of the building, leaving their seatbelt undone, and reaching straight across the gap.

So, the reasons given or assumed vary, but it is (or was) common here to not serve anyone not in an enclosed car-sized or larger vehicle.

Gotta say it ... Potholes!

Not horribly bad this year ... yet.
More like, typical for Upstate NY.

Except where they rebuilt the storm drains ...
Slowed down when I noticed something strange next to the new drain.
3 feet from the curb is a 4" x 18" "pothole".
Got closer and looked down into it ... it widened underneath and appeared bottomless ... 3 feet + deep!

I got in touch with the City and they set up a couple large warning cones. - didn't bother trying to fill it ... ?

DrkAngel said:
Gotta say it ... Potholes!

Not horribly bad this year ... yet.
More like, typical for Upstate NY.

Except where they rebuilt the storm drains ...
Slowed down when I noticed something strange next to the new drain.
3 feet from the curb is a 4" x 18" "pothole".
Got closer and looked down into it ... it widened underneath and appeared bottomless ... 3 feet + deep!

I got in touch with the City and they set up a couple large warning cones. - didn't bother trying to fill it ... ?

Attachments

• Pothole 01.jpg
    Pothole 01.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 762
Back