QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

Guys, I bought a sabvoton controller from Cherry on Alie express and having a hell of a time getting it to communicate with my laptop. Once I figured out what the problem is, the controller is in shutdown mode as it's seeing 175deg c. Software said it is motor temp, but it's controller temp per Paul chen from Sabvonton/March motor.

I'm in communication with them and hopefully they'll come through with better service. IF not I might just pick up the adaptto.

His alieexpress store is
Quanshun Motor.
store No 1389549
Cherry zhou
Email address
cherry@tzquanshun.com

The model in SSC72100, but the sticker on the Sabvoton is MQ72100. MQ72100 is what they will rename it to.

First, I had a hell of a time getting it to talk to my laptop. This is after all the USB driver was installed. I thought I gave up on it, but decided to troubleshoot a little further. I plugged in their Bluetooth to the laptop and the bluetooth was flashing. I then plugged the bluetooth unit to the sabvoton and there were no flashing. It turned out, the ground pin on the USB cable B11 was plugged into B9 which isn't grounded. I have a 5vdc output but no ground. So i temporarily run a wire to ground to the the next pin B11, which was ground for the USB, and the bluetooth light up.

B9 is supposed to be the throttle ground, and clearly, pin 9 on the PCB is not connected to ground. I might have a throttle issued later?

Once I have communication going, and connected to it, the controller is seeing 175deg cel (shutdown mode).
I'm not seeing any temp input for it at the moment on the Pin out. I'll be contacting quanshun motor to figure out the issue.

Let's see what else is bad on this Sabvoton controller.

If you guys know which pin is for the temp sensor please let me know so i can connect it to ground while per this info from Di steven on Alie express

Sabvoton Controller
Sabvoton controller flies:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ipt3a1g2u234co9/AAAIxAdwuu6XzuBCSNEfW0ITa?dl=0
Pls. Note: When the Hall connector have 6 wires, it means the controller come with Thermistor/Temperture Sensor, if you don’t want to use this function, you can connect the controller Thermistor/Temperture Sensor wire with ground wire.
If you connect our QS motor with sabvoton controller cannot running, pls. exchange the Green and Blue wires(phase wire and Hall wire) of controller to match with motor.
If the motor with shock and abnormal sound, pls. adjust the parameter “current loop kp”.

Hopefully they'll come through with a service.

So I finally got some time to work on the Temp issued. Turned out B19 shorted to ground would change temp to -55deg C, and clear one and only error on start up. As soon as i get some Hall sensors, I'll do a hall angle test and start fine tuning the motor. Wish me luck

So I finally got some time to work on the Temp issued. Turned out B19 shorted to ground would change temp to -55deg C, and clear one and only error on start up. As soon as i get some Hall sensors, I'll do a hall angle test and start fine tuning the motor. Wish me luck

Emoto said:
Hi Cherry
A question about the android Bluetooth app Can you provide a list [with any screenshots] of all the programing and monitoring options.
Also can we choose what we want to monitor , have you tested it for stability.
Thanks

Hi,
I'd like to attached a bluetooth file of Sabvoton for your reference.
For APT controller, it's also on developing, it may comes out about two months later.

Attachments

• Bluetooth application user manual.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 230
magna_503 said:
Guys, I bought a sabvoton controller from Cherry on Alie express and having a hell of a time getting it to communicate with my laptop. Once I figured out what the problem is, the controller is in shutdown mode as it's seeing 175deg c. Software said it is motor temp, but it's controller temp per Paul chen from Sabvonton/March motor.

I'm in communication with them and hopefully they'll come through with better service. IF not I might just pick up the adaptto.

His alieexpress store is
Quanshun Motor.
store No 1389549
Cherry zhou
Email address
cherry@tzquanshun.com

The model in SSC72100, but the sticker on the Sabvoton is MQ72100. MQ72100 is what they will rename it to.

First, I had a hell of a time getting it to talk to my laptop. This is after all the USB driver was installed. I thought I gave up on it, but decided to troubleshoot a little further. I plugged in their Bluetooth to the laptop and the bluetooth was flashing. I then plugged the bluetooth unit to the sabvoton and there were no flashing. It turned out, the ground pin on the USB cable B11 was plugged into B9 which isn't grounded. I have a 5vdc output but no ground. So i temporarily run a wire to ground to the the next pin B11, which was ground for the USB, and the bluetooth light up.

B9 is supposed to be the throttle ground, and clearly, pin 9 on the PCB is not connected to ground. I might have a throttle issued later?

Once I have communication going, and connected to it, the controller is seeing 175deg cel (shutdown mode).
I'm not seeing any temp input for it at the moment on the Pin out. I'll be contacting quanshun motor to figure out the issue.

Let's see what else is bad on this Sabvoton controller.

If you guys know which pin is for the temp sensor please let me know so i can connect it to ground while per this info from Di steven on Alie express

Sabvoton Controller
Sabvoton controller flies:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ipt3a1g2u234co9/AAAIxAdwuu6XzuBCSNEfW0ITa?dl=0
Pls. Note: When the Hall connector have 6 wires, it means the controller come with Thermistor/Temperture Sensor, if you don’t want to use this function, you can connect the controller Thermistor/Temperture Sensor wire with ground wire.
If you connect our QS motor with sabvoton controller cannot running, pls. exchange the Green and Blue wires(phase wire and Hall wire) of controller to match with motor.
If the motor with shock and abnormal sound, pls. adjust the parameter “current loop kp”.

Hopefully they'll come through with a service.

Hello Trung,

This is Cherry.
So sorry for my late reply. Hope my reply is not too late for you.

Pls. see my below answers one by one.
1. Take a long time to communicate with computer
Cherry: Generally, it because of the undesirable compatibility between system and software.

2. 175deg c on motor
Cherry: The wiring drawing always not included thermistor wire, it's yellow-white color.
Btw, would you like to inform me the flicker frequency for the trouble light?

3. Bluetooth problem
Cherry: Bluetooth no flashing after connect with controller, because of the B9 not connect with B11, or the controller no electricity.

Would you like to check it again?
Thank you for your patience.

Attachments

• tem wire.jpg
    tem wire.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 4,481
Cherry,
So I followed the instructions to short out the thermistor to ground, and temp was reading -55c. I left it on for a few hours. Next day when I turned it back on, all the saved paramaters were zeroed out. I had to changed all parameters again. Then I found that the voltage reading was 1.92 volt. Motor temp was reading the parameter input.

For example,

I changed the motor temp to 105c, then the temp reading for the motor also changed to 105c. I changed the motor temp restart to 50, the motor temp also showed 50c.

Any parameter changed would result in temp reading changed to the parameter input.

Voltage reading would not show the correct reading neither, as it is reading between .82v and 1.92v. I have 49.95v dc power supply to power the unit for testing.

Again, I have not hooked the controller to the mxus 3000 yet, and I'm seeing numerous issued with the controller already.

magna_503 said:
Cherry,
So I followed the instructions to short out the thermistor to ground, and temp was reading -55c. I left it on for a few hours. Next day when I turned it back on, all the saved paramaters were zeroed out. I had to changed all parameters again. Then I found that the voltage reading was 1.92 volt. Motor temp was reading the parameter input.

For example,

I changed the motor temp to 105c, then the temp reading for the motor also changed to 105c. I changed the motor temp restart to 50, the motor temp also showed 50c.

Any parameter changed would result in temp reading changed to the parameter input.

Voltage reading would not show the correct reading neither, as it is reading between .82v and 1.92v. I have 49.95v dc power supply to power the unit for testing.

Again, I have not hooked the controller to the mxus 3000 yet, and I'm seeing numerous issued with the controller already.

Hi Trung,

Can you available for remote manipulation by QQ or other App?
If it's suitable for you, Sabvoton engineer will remote manipulation you computer to check the controller.

gensem said:
ohzee said:
thanks macribs I very much appreciate the reply.

Actualy 5T is the closest kv (cromotor is 9.4kv)
33*4T has the most copper fill but 13kv could be a little hard on the controller.

Updated windings
file.php

Ordered myself one of these motors tonight shipping to Roadrash for building.

Is the temp sensor standard ? I assume so , but I did read optional in one of their pdf's.

I asked the vendor letting him know it's needed so don't expect any issues.
Got a response.

Yes, there is thermister with this motor, generally, we make it KTY83/122.

QSMOTOR said:
Vitto,

You should use a 10mm axle flat because that it what every single ebike frame uses... just make it alot wider, like 10mm x 20mm and use larger bearings for phase wires to avoid grinding the axle.

Pic of an axle thats close to it.

HI Gensem,

Thank you for your advise.
As checked with our Engineer, we could make 273 40H axle flat to be 10mm, and widden the diameter of axle.
The MOQ is 10pcs.
Later on, we will make new drawing about it and keep it post on ES.

Best Regards

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would be the motor with the most torque per amp we have seen so far on a bike.

magna_503 said:
I do not have software to do that. If u know of a free software suggestions?

Hi, you can use QQ App.

Just doload an international type. :D It's free.

PeeHell said:
QSMOTOR said:
Vitto,

You should use a 10mm axle flat because that it what every single ebike frame uses... just make it alot wider, like 10mm x 20mm and use larger bearings for phase wires to avoid grinding the axle.

Pic of an axle thats close to it.

HI Gensem,

Thank you for your advise.
As checked with our Engineer, we could make 273 40H axle flat to be 10mm, and widden the diameter of axle.
The MOQ is 10pcs.
Later on, we will make new drawing about it and keep it post on ES.

Best Regards

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would be the motor with the most torque per amp we have seen so far on a bike.

I'm just happy the manufacturer is engaging this much with the community. I'm eying the car-sized 273s for a future project myself...

vito/cherry
I have QQ app installed on my androids, and laptop.

Could we setup for a Friday 1-2pm your time for troubleshooting the controller?

magna_503 said:
vito/cherry
I have QQ app installed on my androids, and laptop.

Could we setup for a Friday 1-2pm your time for troubleshooting the controller?

Yes, no problem.
Would you like to add the engineer QQ first?
QQ 2760927729

ohzee said:
gensem said:
ohzee said:
thanks macribs I very much appreciate the reply.

Actualy 5T is the closest kv (cromotor is 9.4kv)
33*4T has the most copper fill but 13kv could be a little hard on the controller.

Updated windings
file.php

Ordered myself one of these motors tonight shipping to Roadrash for building.

Is the temp sensor standard ? I assume so , but I did read optional in one of their pdf's.

I asked the vendor letting him know it's needed so don't expect any issues.
Got a response.

Yes, there is thermister with this motor, generally, we make it KTY83/122.

Looks like we will have them on Tuesday. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0sm0Jjdnhg&feature=youtu.be

which motor used in this Escotter ? and if possible add more details about that scooter too.
really impresive video.

I tried to registered to QQ app, but everything is in Chinese. Is there an English version available? Would you guys be able to do Skype? I can tried Skype.

roadrash said:
Thanks Vito for supplying these awesome motors to us

Sprayon Red Insulating Varnish :D

With my pleasure, Roadrash.
Did you add the Sprayon Red Insulating Varnish by yourself?

Best Regards

Back