Bafang BBS01 & BBS02 Owners - POST REPAIR CLAIMS!

teslanv

1 MW
In an effort to gain some better data about the occurrence of warranty (And Non-Warranty) repair claims on the Bafang BBS01 & BBS02 drives, I would like to request that ALL Purchasers of a Bafang BBS0x Kit to report unique instances of their drive requiring repair of any kind.

PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR POST:

1. Drive Serial Number & Manufacture Date (So we can track when design changes may have been made)
2. Drive Model including Voltage, Amperage Rating Stamped on bottom and Wattage (example: "BBS02, 48V, 25A, 750W")
3. Supplier from which you Purchased your Bafang BBS0x Kit.
4. Approximate mileage at problem occurrence
5. Description of the problem or symptoms (Include Link to Video if applicable)
6. What was done to repair drive (if known)

1. Drive serial number 1311270098 - November 27, 2013, unit #0098
2. Drive Model: BBS02, 48V, 25A, 750W
3. http://www.Lectriccycles.com
4. 400 Miles at time of symptoms. another 600 Miles since repair. No further problems.
5. Description of the problem or symptoms: Clicking Sound. [youtube]KawJFYswEac[/youtube]
6. Repair: Disassembled Drive to find mangled O-Ring at Shaft to Journal Bearing. Removed O-Ring Debris. "Glued In" Shaft to Journal Bearing with Removable Thread locker. Re-greased and reassembled drive. No Replacement parts required.

1. Drive Serial Number & Manufacture Date: 1403270260
2. Drive Model including Voltage, Amperage Rating Stamped on bottom and Wattage: BBS02, 48V, 20A, 750W
3. Supplier from which you Purchased your Bafang BBS0x Kit.: Not sure, friend of mine bought it from Suzhou
4. Approximate mileage at problem occurrence: 200 Miles
5. Description of the problem or symptoms: The clutch inside the plastic gear (one way needle bearing) started jamming and making loud clicks. See this video I shot.[youtube]4X3RCYICcSQ[/youtube]
6. What was done to repair drive: I bought a new plastic gear from GBK and replaced it. I've done about 80 Miles since without problems.

1. Drive Serial Number & Manufacture Date: 140703095
2. Drive Model including Voltage, Amperage Rating Stamped on bottom and Wattage: BBS02, 48V, 25A, 750W
3. Supplier from which you Purchased your Bafang BBS0x Kit.: Ebay from member "hallomotor"
4. Approximate mileage at problem occurrence: 0 Miles (Its not installed yet) Thank god i tested it before i did..
5. Description of the problem or symptoms: Clicking sounds & ERROR 21 - Speed sensor abnormality, its very HARD to turn it..one way its clicking and the other way is hard but no clicking..but when i Throttle its clicking like a bicycle when its in free wheel down hill on a normal bike click noise, but this engine makes it own clicking noise.

Frustrating.

1. Drive Serial Number & Manufacture Date: 1405141880
2. Drive Model including Voltage, Amperage Rating Stamped on bottom and Wattage: BBS02, 48V, 750W. 48V 20A Controller
3. Supplier from which you Purchased your Bafang BBS0x Kit.: Unknown, bought it second hand.
4. Approximate mileage at problem occurrence: Aprox 125 Miles/200km
5. Description of the problem or symptoms: When using the motor under higher loads something slips creating bang-noices through out the drive chain. It is somewhat like this but it dosent matter if you move the pedals or not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X3RCYICcSQ
[EDIT]
6. My problem was 100% User error. Turns out that it was the drive-chain slipping on the rear gars. I changed the clutch bearing and obviously had the same problem.

I'll put two of these down. I bought the unit second hand but the PO had issues with it and I fixed it.

1. Drive Serial Number & Manufacture Date:1501311252
2. Drive Model including Voltage, Amperage Rating Stamped on bottom and Wattage: BBS02, 48V, 750W. 48V 25A Controller
3. Supplier from which you Purchased your Bafang BBS0x Kit.: Unknown, bought it second hand.
4. Approximate mileage at problem occurrence: Aprox 50 miles
5. Description of the problem or symptoms: loud clunking in final drive. Found broken pinion teeth and missing balls in thrust bearing
6. Replaced pinion gear and thrust bearings. No warranty claim.

2. Drive Model including Voltage, Amperage Rating Stamped on bottom and Wattage: BBS02, 48V, 750W. 48V 25A Controller
4. Approximate mileage at problem occurrence: Aprox 85 miles
5. Description of the problem or symptoms: Motor spins but does not drive the bike. Stripped plastic gear.
6. Replaced the gear and have not pushed as much power through it since.

My second issue was entirely user error. I'm running my bike on 15s and peaked over 1400 watts through it one too many times! I have almost 200 trouble free mile through it since fixing it. Hoping it continues to work smoothly since I am commuting on it pretty regularly now.

IMG_20150520_1840018_rewind - 1.jpg

My problem was 100% User error. Turns out that it was the drive-chain slipping on the rear gars. I changed the clutch bearing and obviously had the same problem.

4. Approximate mileage at problem occurrence: Aprox 800 miles
5. Description of the problem or symptoms: er 30 and no assist of any kind. No signs of loose wires found so far.
6. Turned out to be a loose connection in the main cable harness. Still running good at ~1300+ miles.

Sadly this died. All these years and still no responses from Bafang tying motor changes to serial numbers. Dumb.

Back