Speed Bomber

I wish to keep doing more on my eboard build but school keeping me way too busy this semester with one fall semester only class for my major I need to pass no matter what otherwise taking the same class a year later... Here's where I am right now.

Update 1:
I believe last week, I got my VESCs from jamesonotc. Found an issue with a capacitor and PM-ed him the problem. Found out I had one from his 2nd batch and I fixed it up.
As to detail my still unsolve OpenOCD error, I am able to the access the MCU from the STM32 ST-Link program on Windows with jamesonotc VESC with my discovery board with no problem ruling out a broken discovery board, but unsolve mystery. I also figured out how to upload the VESC firmware to the MCU with the STM32 ST-Link program for Windows users. I will still keep my fingers cross hopping I didn't damage the DRV8302 while resoldering the correct capacitors.

To-Do list:
Add led lights with appropriate luminosity value for night time riding
Rework single piece motor mount and gear ratio for SK3 6374 motors
Source 18650 cells and BMS for 50 amps
Get 10 gauge silicone jacketed wires
Rework skateboard to fit everything
3D print case in ABS
Add fuse and switch

Ultimate goal:
Take what I learn in building an eboard and make Chibi kart 2.0 for drifting possibly incorporating the rear steering mechanism concept used in the Speed Racer film. Inspiration is from the first person from here http://www.etotheipiplusone.net/?p=2042

VESC i made is on the left with jamesonotc on the right.
s8y5JC2l.jpg

Just a heads up chuttney1,

I would be looking out for the updates that vedder is making the rev 4.8 boards. I'm thinking in the near future most will want to swap components onto new 4.8 routed PCB...

I've been noticing quite a bit of DRV errors with this rev 4.7 although I have had the unit working with 6s for some reason I am still encountering faults. I am starting to conclude that in fact there is nothing wrong with the hardware parts after your changes to the CAP for my boards and that the other components are just fine. I believe the DRV errors are a matter of the trace routing and hardware design from 4.7 that may be the culprit of these errors.

Vedder has been very busy and not active as of late in mIRC. However I have taken it upon myself to review revision 4.8 modifications and have been comparing to the previous 4.7 where I can see all the changes and am currently catching up.

I will continue to review 4.8 modifications and hopefully begin work on FOC changes along with Benjamin now that I am catching up to full speed on the VESC. Next to review is the FOC SDK from STM.

At the moment I am still catching up with all all datasheets for the hardware to ensure I thoroughly understand the logic control and each components properties. As you can see i'm nose deep.

cj1TXhd.jpg

chaka said:
What specs are you looking for in your BMS? I place orders to Bestech almost weekly, if your specs match up you can piggy back a module on one of my orders.

BMS specs I am looking at is for 10S at 60 amps, what Onloop uses on his S.P.A.C.E. battery. Size wise, still debatable. The number of cells in parallel is not set in stone because I might go back to using my first longboard deck, because my current skateboard has what I think is a mild to moderate camber. I prefer having a flat base for easier mounting.

What do you have?

Might be better to go with a 70-90 amp peak for 10s. Something closer to the peak output of the motors we tend to use. I would be OK with that, when/if you want one I'll send you a spec sheet of the model I use. I have to order a minimum of 2 units for a given spec otherwise you could have any over current setting you wanted.

Long story short, I let my brother borrow my skateboard a few weeks back. I asked to have it back from him a like a week or two ago. I receive word it may have been stolen from his work office. The contents of this board consist only of the trucks, wheels, and deck. None of the electronic stuff. I removed them along time ago from my first eboard build. Well now I must inquire the community here to recommend me a deck of adequate thickness. Im thinking of keeping it less than 40 inches long to keep weight down, but I lose deck space. I would be happy if a deck was generic and not brand name.

chuttney1 said:
Long story short, I let my brother borrow my skateboard a few weeks back. I asked to have it back from him a like a week or two ago. I receive word it may have been stolen from his work office. The contents of this board consist only of the trucks, wheels, and deck. None of the electronic stuff. I removed them along time ago from my first eboard build. Well now I must inquire the community here to recommend me a deck of adequate thickness. Im thinking of keeping it less than 40 inches long to keep weight down, but I lose deck space. I would be happy if a deck was generic and not brand name.

Dude that sucks! i had my entire e-gbomb stolen out of my car at work (my fault for leaving it)... so lame.

What's your budget and what type board do you like? I personally like to run monster wheels - so usually like symmetrical decks with big wheel cutouts like Vanguard or drop decks like my Omen Chief.

What size wheels do you want to run? That might steer towards one deck over the other. I've been looking at onloops earthwing superglider and also like the NLS. Nice kick tails if you like those.

There are quite a few blanks on ebay and such. You might also check local craigslist to see if you can pick up a nice deck used... Might let you get something "name brand" if you like that for the price of a blank deck!

Best of luck man!

sl33py said:
chuttney1 said:

Dude that sucks! i had my entire e-gbomb stolen out of my car at work (my fault for leaving it)... so lame.

What's your budget and what type board do you like? I personally like to run monster wheels - so usually like symmetrical decks with big wheel cutouts like Vanguard or drop decks like my Omen Chief.

What size wheels do you want to run? That might steer towards one deck over the other. I've been looking at onloops earthwing superglider and also like the NLS. Nice kick tails if you like those.

There are quite a few blanks on ebay and such. You might also check local craigslist to see if you can pick up a nice deck used... Might let you get something "name brand" if you like that for the price of a blank deck!

Best of luck man!

I just PM Chaka a few hours ago today cause I learn he is now making decks with the batteries, BMS, on/off button stuff. I'll just go with Chaka because my build will be using 18650, but I don't want to buy more equipment to weld all the batteries together. I know the deck/battery stuff is not cheap, but I will spend the amount I need to kill many birds with one stone. I want to take my board to class without a spontaneous fire from over discharge of lipos if I went this route. He's got a few more things to show in a few days.

The plan. I will go with Caliber 2 trucks, 50 degree baseplate. 97 mm wheels from Abec11 and zealous bearings. Deckwise I would take a 38" pintail board, but cannot decide on thickness.

Special delivery of a product I backed over a year ago from Kickstarter. These are the GeckoTek 3D Printer Build Plates. The one's I have are for high temperature printing so I can print ABS and PLA on these. They made a plate for nylon also, but I opted for the ones for printing with ABS when filling out the survey. I got two as the second larger plate will be for an future 3D printer build with a larger volume. I won't be doing much until the week of Thanksgiving. Time to go make a magnetic base plate... This will be very useful for my eboard build.

These are pics of what I receive from the box.

vanTaZDl.jpg

4yqRdI5l.jpg

r7pqFUFl.jpg

m9Bdtdel.jpg

Pom1uNDl.jpg

HhVdCjPl.jpg

0tIMvcOl.jpg

mVB8j9Jl.jpg

SK3-149kV Motor I will be using on my build. For now I have decided to stick with using rubber belts and try other drivetrain methods. Didn't realize the size these motors would be until I got them. Now I understand why they can push.

JbN7O4Ch.jpg

29lQQGah.jpg

I got my new skate gear from Muirskate. Gonna be running Caliber II 50-degree trucks with Zealous bearings and ABEC11 90mm 81A wheels.

HeL2HcMl.jpg

After a long time of literally doing nothing and waiting for stuff to get better. I have completed my build with some experimental modifications to arrive at a level I can say I am done. The Speed Bomber has become the Golden Rider. Post on Imgur to ensure database longevity since I have visited forums with photos no longer viewable from the time first posted.

Imgur link http://imgur.com/gallery/7G32i

tG6e58Cl.jpg

YMGWywwl.jpg

C0PNu7Ql.jpg

Back