New Carbon Fiber Electric Skateboard Deck Style??

So... Enertion's got his awesome carbon fiber electric longboard deck. I'm jelly/jealous!

Rather than get the same deck designed... We should have more options...

What kind of deck would you guys like to see next?

I'm also looking into getting 7S4P or 8S4P built in 18650 pack.

I would like a much lighter deck than 15 lbs but that's me only maybe?

Around 10-12 LBS with 10 mile range. At least, that's what I'm thinking.

I plan on making it easy to swap a pack so if I need another 10 mile range. I'll just swap my pack.

1. How far do you actually ride?
2. Do you use your EBoard for commuting?
3. What is your favorite type of deck?
4. What's your favorite deck length?

hey torque, nice topic!

=> I found that 20/25km distance is good.

=> Always, but not to go to work as with the tie suit/elegant shoes this will just ruin my gear

=> I actually like a ultra little flexy kind of tech. I got to something pretty good by adding a carbon sheet on a flex 3 vanguard. I would say... Vanguard Flex 2. Top speed below 45km. Going higher is like playing with life !

=> around 37/38 (98cm)

I think that a good try would be to take an evolve carbon deck (same shap) and shrink it to get it to 38... and get dual rear motor while having a 25km range

In my small apartement, I was thinking of something yesterday... What about using the vanguard, add a hardfoam shape of 5mm below. Dig the enclosures at the seesaw... and then carbon fiber the whole deck.

Hi Torqueboards!

First of all i will say that full carbon fiber is not the kind of deck I want, because is doesn't well supported shock on the long term, this is based on my experience in archery (8 years of practice) where some arrows are full carbon, even if I know it's not the same in longboarding, I think mix of carbon and other materials is best.

By the way i'm agree with you to stay under 7kg for a complete setup, it's my goal too.

Go to 8S battery pack will be great i think it's the best compromise for speed and weight.

Don't ride yet, but my goal will be 20/30 km

I will use it for commuting as long as the weather allow it

Hard to say because i'm quite new in longboarding, I like pintail style it's oldschool i like it, but i also like the deck by loaded all of them; in the future i will considering droped deck to lower the gravity center but it's hard with classic belt setup, more suitable with hub motors i think.

Also hard to say, but for stability i will say something around 1 meter.

after driving more than 2000km with my evolve carbon I really gotta say that carbon has been too stiff for street tires for me - really dont like this rattling on semi-decent pavement. the evolve is amazing with pneumatic tires though, might be better with large rubber shock pads and very large 75A abecs as on street trucks - ultimately I sold the street set (was using 80mm kegels).

If i were to design a board:

* semi-flexy for some dampening of bad pavement
* room for very large tires (90-100mm) with 1" rubber shockpads
* 20-30km range (my commute is 20km daily, using evolve carbon every day)
* should support 40-50kph topspeed, not too short and agile, so probably 38"+ with a large wheelbase

Usually about 6 - 12 miles, max.
Yes. I ride 6 miles to work.
downhill, drop through.
38''

So everyone is looking for a 38" deck from the looks of it.

Range of 12-15 miles or 20-25km.

Evolve style deck -> usable with Longboard Wheels & Pneumatic Wheels?

However, everyone would prefer a deck with a bit more flex.

@ okp - Would be nice but Loaded Vanguard would make the price even higher.

@ Vulthor - I'll think about that one. I do like real sturdy decks though.

@ Whitepony - Isn't your deck now pretty rigid as the carbon fiber or it's a bit flexy?

yea, my deck is about as rigid as the evolve carbon - mostly because I simply didnt know how to handle flex with the large batteries I like to use. I might eventually replace the board with something softer - for now Im looking forward to drive 50kph! :mrgreen:

the evolve carbon rattles very bright, my topspeed has a much darker sound, much less annoying. not sure if thats cause of wood vs carbon or the big rubber shockpads or the giant and supersoft abec wheels. probably a sum of all!

I'll be posting some photos in a bit. I noticed most of everyone is interested in 39-40" decks.

I like the idea of a 30-32" short but nimble kicktail deck which I can literally bring everywhere with ease.

I'll be posting some photos soon once I finish it up.

I'm looking into a 12S3P custom 18650 samsung 25R pack w/ 40A Cont / 100A Peak.

Samsung 25R 2500mah 18650 cells have a 20A cont and 35A peak rating.

44.4v 7500mah pack = 333 Wh pack.

Pack should get about 20 miles or 32km range.

Do longer trucks interest anyone? I've been thinking of getting custom trucks which have longer axles to fit 8" MBS wheels as a standard as well as the added axle thickness of an 8" MBS wheel can be used with a drive wheel to put the drive wheel on a bearing and lessen the drag which we encounter. This would make it much easier to kick as well if needed to ride regular. They would be Caliber style trucks with a longer hanger + longer axle.

Hey Tourqueboard - I think the boardlength isnt that important - the wheelbase is definitly more interesting: The Wheelbase defines the room for our electric components and also the agility

A board without kickers is shorter but the wheelbase is the same because the wheels are at the same spot.

for example OKPs Boards:
Loaded Vanguard Length 40 Wheelbase 37
Fibretech FlyPAN Length 40 Wheelbase 28

Your questions:
Daily around 10km to work and at weekend funrides over 20km (My current Board only hit 15km -.-)
Yes - around 10km
compact and a small radius to drive throw people but also stable at higher speed - that represenst my normal longboard, its a Icone Intercepter
as short as possible - my current ebaord is 37" long and has a 28" wheelbase. but I hope I can short the wheelbase down to something around 25"

The 25R 12S3P is a great plan - i try to mount a 12S4P pack at the moment, but to get that to a short board I need a sensored 5050 motor for dual motor - your sensored motor is 5063

Please, please, make it look like 313 Vector hybrid. http://313skateboards.de/index.php/products_vector.html

313_vector__022.jpg

313_vector__023.jpg

313_vector__028.jpg

Pediglide said:
Please, please, make it look like 313 Vector hybrid. http://313skateboards.de/index.php/products_vector.html

Sorta like this?

View attachment 1

up_002b.jpg

I think the concave is vital. Given you will be going fast, you don't want to be on a flat board. You want a concave that really locks you in and gives you confidence in your grip, the last thing you want is to fall off at high speed because the board slipped under your feet.

Here's a 39" deck. Enclosure area is 22" x 6.5" x 27mm

2015_09_12_02_58_54_SKATEBOARD_39inch_A_Page_1.jpg

2015_09_12_02_58_34_SKATEBOARD_39inch_A_Page_1.jpg

2015_09_12_02_57_57_SKATEBOARD_39inch_A_Page_1.jpg

I'm leaning more towards a compact 32" deck though.

Pedi Glide, what do you like about the 313 board so much? Just the style? What size were you thinking?

I was thinking that too that a nice concave on the top would be real slick. The problem is then it can't be a top hatch since the top is a piece of flat carbon fiber.

I like that it's compact. I like less than 34" too, so I can carry it inside Home Depot or Ralphs and not hit anything on the shelves or anyone when I turn around.

The 313 vector is actually a slalom board. I find that riding around the city, I like nimble and agile boards. But not too short of a wheelbase. The 313 vector Hybrid is longer. That's the perfect one for me.

If I may suggest, put more holes in front so the rider can choose different wheelbase lengths. Also, I don't think that much of a concave is needed for the back foot. It actually can block your back foot when you push off and step on the deck.

I like this deck. It's a 32.75" length deck with a 19" wheelbase which doesn't matter a whole lot if it's built in.

I think I could fit a 12S3P or 44.4V 7500mah pack on a Dual Rear setup either belt driven or hub motors.

Probably would have to get rid of the dual diagonal on a setup on 32" but should be nice.
aH3PpQ7.png

I wonder if 29" would be too small.

cuj6waP.png

Anything is possible with those high discharge cells. I made a mold earlier this year for a little penny style board similar to the penny killer. It is just under 2ft long with a super sketchy 13inch wheelbase. I just did a little mock up and I can fit a 6s4p system on the little bastard, around a 250wh potential inside a 13inch wheelbase. Might have to pop one out for fun!

I would be very interested in a 30"-32" deck.

I swapped all of my e-go hardware to a 30" deck and it has been fantastic. If you could make a 32" with the last 2 inches making up the "kick" in the tail, that would be a win.

Also, if you can incorporate some wheel wells into it, that will allow larger wheels which is what a shortboard needs to be useful.

I am running 90mm wheels on mine. I would like to run up to 100mm (ABEC 97mm).

I think that looks too close to Jason's, and just wouldn't be worth it: the wheel cutouts and bigger hatch are nice, but not really big differences.

I feel that the people wanting that style deck can just go buy jason's right now, and yours might end up being less successful just because you're the second guy on the field.

I love the idea of a more "evolve carbon" style deck- and I think a lot of others would too. It could be used for pneumatic builds, and just longer normal builds in general- you'd kill two birds with one stone.

I think the key is something different enough to make it standout against Jason's, because its does both of you guys no good to create the exact same thing...

I agree.. It does look Jason's but same as most products in this world and kicktail longboards for that example are very similar. They look different because the deck's have different graphics/designs as for Carbon Fiber Longboards they are very similar in design.

Jason's kicktail is a 38" kicktail and this one here is a 29" kicktail so definitely a big difference. So I think a 38" and 32" kicktail is a big difference. Although, I'd like a 38" kicktail in the future as well.

I was just showing it though this won't be made just yet.. Although, I do want one for myself for easy commuting.

I plan on making a 40" All Terrain type deck which can be used for longboard wheels and all terrain wheels.

But yes, I wholeheartly agree.. Definitely, don't want to be creating two of the same thing..

I personally want that 29" - 32" deck though :) but it will have to wait..

torqueboards said:
Jason's kicktail is a 38" kicktail and this one here is a 29" kicktail so definitely a big difference.

shoot- I didn't realize the measurements were that different!

I thought jason's was 32 for some reason... So this makes more sense now. At first I was really confused why you were mocking up a near copy, but now I see where you're coming from, lol.

Good luck on the shorter board and all terrain beast!

well, I don't think this is a copy of Enertion Carbon Deck. We can't call a copy of a shape especially when this shape has just a additional carbon enclosure and the deck is full carbon.

What about this shape from earthwing.

P1010520-1.jpg

I think this is a great initiative either from Enertion or Torque, even if it was not 29'. Competition makes customers to have more choices.

torqueboards said:
I made a design for a 29" which is the one below. It can fit a 12S3P battery pack (with laptop style charging). Dual rear motor setup with a 3" tail.

2015_09_21_00_45_10_FINAL_LIGHT_BLUE_SK_Page_1.jpg

2015_09_21_00_44_46_FINAL_LIGHT_BLUE_SK_Page_1.jpg

2015_09_21_00_44_35_FINAL_LIGHT_BLUE_SK_Page_1.jpg

I'm most likely going to go with an 40" All Terrain Deck though.

It reminds me of an old school Hawk or Caballero deck. I like it.

Back