Discussions aren't the same quality without Chalo

welcome back Chalo - I had to come to ES to learn the English word "acrid" when someone qualified as such one of my message... I think it's a good thing is it ? :twisted:

Chalo, I am glad you are back. And may I make a suggestion, start your own thread called "The Chalo Factor" and post the link here. Sorry to hear about the GF. Bright side is, more focus on things that move when you add batteries and pedals :mrgreen:

Wait what he got banned/suspended? What was it that caused such action?
Forum addiction or just getting too emotional about stuff on here is unhealthy and not worth it at all.
I sometimes deliberately make my self look stupid on here as a kind of twisted medicine so I don't care too much what people think. I don't know if anyone has spotted those posts but there out there..

I think I spend a bit of time on here but I never really notice the gossip of people being banned etc I never really sure it was possible.
I did notice a Chalo post earlier today and when I saw his name I did think I haven't seen him for a little while and also I remembered his views on helmets which I kind of don't agree with but thats just me.

What got Chalo banned, which we meant to be only for a week, was a comment in a private message to a moderator.

Since that comment was private, it will not be repeated here on the public side.

Welcome back Chalo, and apologies for a glitch that did not let you back in after a week as the moderators intended.

Like this one?
http://images.clipartof.com/small/1172932-Cartoon-Of-A-Happy-Emoticon-Smiley-With-A-Cat-On-Its-Head-Royalty-Free-Vector-Clipart.jpg

WooHoo! I sent him a PM. When I couldn't pose a question to him I searched harder on the Internet and after a frustrating search, found my answer. The answer was from Chalo on another forum.invaluable guy, glad to have him to pester again. Oh and call a spade a spade.

amberwolf said:
Like this one?
http://images.clipartof.com/small/1172932-Cartoon-Of-A-Happy-Emoticon-Smiley-With-A-Cat-On-Its-Head-Royalty-Free-Vector-Clipart.jpg

I found it Amberwolf. I dedicate this to Chalo's return!

Attachments

• Chalo.jpg
    Chalo.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 2,791
Thanks to everyone for the expressions of support.

Rodney64, the fattest 24 inch tires my wholesale distributors supply are 24 x 3.0 street treads. That's what I have used for pedicab trikes and Burning Man trikes with 24 inch wheels. Sunlite "Chopper" tires I've ordered in that size are the excellent Kenda Kraze model sold under a different name.

Eastgem.net has 24x 3 enduro and 24x 2.4 knobby tyres. The seller is just getting up on aliexpress, and I didn't see the tyres yet, but you could message him. Really good value imo. I just mounted a 2.4 and really like the traction.
The thread is here: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70616&start=50
Page three should have a pic of the two tire types, and they're probably up on the .net site.
Just make sure you order them thru aliexpress!

Eastgem...that would be the denzel guy that refused to answer easy questions with straight answers here on the forum about his stuff for sale, like here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=69481
Eventually enough people reported problems with the member, and he refused moderator instructions to answer the questions being asked, that his membership was deactivated until he was willing to answer--which never happened.

I would not recommend buying from that "eastgem" company, given "denzel"'s behavior.

(crossposted: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70616&p=1102432#p1102432 )

Welcome back. As a perpetual noob when it comes to the E of ebikes, but one who's been rebuilding and maintaining a bicycle as my primary transportation most of the last 30 years, I can attest that you're clearly a top flight bike mechanic who has been most generous with his time here and someone who's opinions and advice on bike hardware I would trust implicitly.

I owe you thanks Amberwolf for mentioning eastgem in the bike vs moto wheels/tires thread! I was unaware of the existance of the seller, and took the chance figuring most of the issue was inexperience and language barrier.

Apparently they were genuinely new, as I may have been their first us customer in june/july. There is also a language barrier for sure; people should not expect the same service and english like EM3. Alex is a very nice guy though, with a good product and price imo. People could start a stateside grassroots ecycle sales/service shop with the prices he offers.

There was definitely a language barrier, but even when the matter was clarified, he never posted any answers to price questions about the bikes, he would not answer direct questions in public about such things, and said he would only do it via PM even though our rules require posting the prices, and even though people kept asking for prices and other details.

It was very easy for him to understand what was being asked of him, as he acknowledged it in private discussions, but he refused to provide that information publicly, and continued to ignore what could have been customers, if he had bothered to answer.

Not only that, but they coudln't even be bothered to take pictures of their own products, and stole images from other sites for products that were not even the actual product they were selling. So in addition to the theft of other's work, they were misrepresenting their products as something other than what they really were selling.

Based on reports from various members over the years, most often when vendors refuse to publish prices, they are giving different prices to different people, which is unfair, or they don't actually have a product to sell, and are just scamming for whatever they can get out of someone privately. In either case, we wouldnt' want such a vendor here, and I would not trust or recommend anyone else trust anyone that will not publicly discuss pricing of their products.

I hope your deal in the other thread eventually works out and you get (got?) what you paid for (and that it is usable) though I saw already that you paid far more than it should have cost you. :(

It's yet another reason I highly recommend people use the search function of ES, because if they did, less of them would have problems with vendors if they looked for reports of problems and avoided the vendors that either wouldn't or couldn't communicate properly, or that didnt' send the product that was purchased, etc (like BMS Battery, who have repeatedly abused their customers, yet since some people do get what they ordered (or don't care that they got something different than what they paid for), people keep buying from them and getting shafted.).

But generally search functions go unused, and so problems continue to happen. :(

Welcome back Chalo, I know you can be harsh in the way you write your posts but don't remember seeing you being aggressive (and didn't know that you were banned to be honest, kinda surprises me).

Well, congrats for passing through force field !

I have only sporadicaly checked in on ES recently. A glaring omission has been Chalo's presence. Glad to hear you are well. You always broaden my knowledge and invariably make me laugh. Best of luck

I don't mean to stir any pots and it's none of my business but I recently reached out to Luke. His absence is by choice.

Back