HPC Revolution XXX

Approx. 16mm on one side, 10mm on the other. With the 148mm BB, there was good amounts of room. Thanks for bringing that to my attention Wheazel! I will have to finalize any spacers in centering that 3mm difference before the chainline alignment.

Attachments

• IMG_1401.JPG
    IMG_1401.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 3,441
  • IMG_1402.JPG
    IMG_1402.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 3,441
Leeleeducati said:
Also those carbon covers were "samples" HPC sent me as they were at the time trying to source a manufacturer that could provide the quality finish they wanted. You can't see in the pics, but there are some areas that have fibers showing.

A cheap a fast solution could be to just order pre made carbon fiber panel and cut to size and fit. There are various vendors to choose from and you might even have one close by. CF is "cutable" but you need hardened tools for the job and preferable vented mask or cut outside. The microdust from cutting CF panels is not something you would have in your lungs.

Bike is stunning. Can't wait to see it completed. Keep up the great work.

Looking good. For the cooling vents ,how about having a scoop through the headstock like on sports motorbike? You could mount the dash and a light on it too? :shock:

That is pretty F**king clean dude. I was skeptical at first, but it looks like you have thought it through. You will need
a pretty good moto guy to ride that thing in the dirt. It will spit the average guy off with that much torque !!!

Same here, when I first held that 160 in my hand I wasn't sure it was even going to fit but that part worked out well. Real world and CAD are two very different things. I figure all the heavy lifting is done, just some PITA chain ring connections. I thought I might be able to get away with off the shelf adapters for front chain ring and rear cog but these too will involve more machining and custom parts. I'm still very limited with the way the swing arm is designed and how big a rear cog vs. front I can put on there (same story as the RN01). As for torque, I'm hoping for lots. Of course with a good controller I will vary/limit the ramp up but I came off liter bikes so I'm used to 200hp... but sadly the bikes all got traded in for a minivan after the kids came :)

Awesome looking build. You really don't mess around, do you? Your production carbon panels are being sent out today!

-Chris

Thanks Chris! I have to say and not just cause I own one, but hands down, best looking frame out there, you guys did an excellent job! Aluminum frames are the best for mods and customizing, makes it easy for guys like me to get creative.

These circles are becoming a theme... Here's the partially completed chainring carrier. I have a RaceFace 30T on order but until I get it, I won't be able to finalize the front spacing. The 30T's have slightly different geometry in the width. Once I know where the holes are I'll have to put this part on the "swiss cheese" weight loss program and drill a bunch of holes. This part alone is surprisingly heavy but I guess a pound here or there is inconsequential at this point.

Attachments

• IMG_1409.JPG
    IMG_1409.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 3,256
  • IMG_1410.JPG
    IMG_1410.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 3,256
  • IMG_1408.JPG
    IMG_1408.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 3,256
Good call. I was thinking this one will be sacrificial for the time being. I had ordered it just when Sick Bike Parts came up with the dual bearing design, not even sure it's released yet? I'll test with this one and when it dies I'll go for the "Ultra" and maybe design something stronger around that one if I need to? Pablo, how are the tests going? Need me to put one through a higher power application?

Here's the link to the Ultra, I even left the .18" clearance difference on the Ultra vs. this one for future upgrade.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=67694&p=1044070&hilit=pablo#p1044070

Attachments

• IMG_1413.JPG
    IMG_1413.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 3,242
Cool. I didn't know it was ready, if not yet available.

We had a long discussion on this subject a while back:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=25153

Yes KV is just a touch under 40. The final reduction will be around 1:5. I wanted to stick with standards when it came to freewheel and chain rings and those lower limits bottom out at 13T freewheel and 30T chainring for 104 BCD. The rear cog carrier I'm hoping to work on tonight and that will be 104 BCD so I can play with gearing to suit. They're not all great but I have a stack of different 104's I can try to tweak gearing and chain line before getting a good final rear.

And even more circles... I could only get this far on the rear cog carrier last night. This part too needs the Swiss cheese diet. Still need to drill holes, but you get the idea the red part has the rear hub spline profile and sandwiches the part I made.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 3,140
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 3,140
Looks amazing. Did you make the red part, or buy it? If you bought it, do you have a link? If you made it, how did you figure out the profile?

Ebay'd that part. Google "Origin8 Single Speed Converter", I didn't need the gear it came with. Till I get the CNC running I'm limited in my designs. We're between houses right now with our new one delayed, but once I settle in the new place I will have the mill converted back. Version 2.0 of this part will be one piece.

Now that I look at it a bit closer a dividing plate, rotary table and a broaching setup might be easier. I always thought that spline wasn't symmetrical for some reason?

Attachments

• 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 3,140
Leeleeducati said:
Now that I look at it a bit closer a dividing plate, rotary table and a broaching setup might be easier. I always thought that spline wasn't symmetrical for some reason?

So Lee this is for the rear Cog?

Cheers Kiwi

Correct, rear cog carrier that uses standard 104 BCD front chain rings to give some flexibility in gearing. Here it is complete.

Attachments

• IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 3,062
  • IMG_1422.JPG
    IMG_1422.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 3,062
Got the 30T so I finalized the front chainring carrier. You can see in the one pic the 30T's have a 2mm step to move them away from the crank arm for clearance. I also made a small 1mm recess for added chain clearance. I guess since the 30T's are designed for single speed use, they are threaded for chainring bolts to go through the crank spider and hold them in place from the front. I'll use these threads to mount both chainrings with bolts through the back. Also with the new narrow/wide tooth profile there's minimal chain movement side to side, I could have probably got away with the rings closer together but some clearance is still good.

Attachments

• IMG_1428.JPG
    IMG_1428.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 3,013
  • IMG_1426.JPG
    IMG_1426.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 3,013
  • IMG_1427.JPG
    IMG_1427.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 3,013
Here's a few more pics with the crank assy. on the bike. Everything lines up according to plan. Soon it will be time to make the incisions in the frame to pass the chain through. I have some ideas but need to finalize them for the chain tensioner. Might even mill some Delrin grommets and use the frame as a guide? I am a bit limited with rear chainring selection. Even at 30T in the front there's a limit to rear cog size. Hopefully this motor will be strong enough to pull a higher gear.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 3,000
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 3,000
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 3,000
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 3,000
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 3,000
Got back from some work travels so I'll have a bit more time to work on things. Just received the production panels from HPC, world class service from those guys! The pictures don't do them justice but it's like looking in a mirror.

Attachments

• IMG_1488.JPG
    IMG_1488.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 2,842
Back