Tesla Model X

5,000 lb towing capacity? Cool EV 1st. That could tow a damn nice generator for "unlimited" range over the present infrastructure?

I especially liked when Elon presented the special BioHazard air filtering mode withtrue EPA certification in case of future bacteriologic war! lol...

Doc

Doctorbass said:
I especially liked when Elon presented the special BioHazard air filtering mode withtrue EPA certification in case of future bacteriologic war! lol...

Doc
Let the coal roll. Let it roll, baby roll, all night long :mrgreen: Bio-weapon defense mode, a definite star grabber. Would be great for driving past a crowd of curbside ciggy smokers outside of trendy nightspots. Launches away from the paparazzi in a microburst, a camera exposure-defeating strobe light system would be a great aftermarket security accessory for the Hollywood in-crowd's bodyguard SUV to the stars. 8) A Mr. Musk home run, he knocked it out of the park with this one. :wink:

Superb vehicle with so many innovative features.
..but sadly unaffordable to 95% of those who would like one ! :cry:
( and what did they do with the front grill design ?...it looks like a last minute change of mind with a wrap put over a large grill opening ??)

I hope we all like it as every one of us in the US is helping to pay for it. $7500 subsidy to help rich people buy $130,000 luxury cars.

As far as the car - it looks great. I am not sure at what price point I would get one. Maybe $55,000.

Yes, Tesla have a limited market sector with a customer profile of high disposable income EV enthusiasts.
They obviously have not filled the demand yet, but it will be interesting to see if the X draws customers away from the "S" .

rsilvers said:
I hope we all like it as every one of us in the US is helping to pay for it. $7500 subsidy to help rich people buy $130,000 luxury cars.

As far as the car - it looks great. I am not sure at what price point I would get one. Maybe $55,000.

Used model S come up occasionally in that price range and below. Even if you found one with 200,000miles or whatever, it would still be the best EV available for the money over buying anything else new or used in the $55k range.

The X is the first 'suv' Ive ever seen any personal interests towards, the P90D model S is still my preference though. Brutal cars.

Ahh! Yes a P90D "S"...excellent choice sir !
Will that be cheque or cash ?.....$200+k in our sadly deflated dollars !
..but it's odd that Tesla's are frequent sights here now, a neighbour even has one , which says something since there is not a Ferrari, Aston, or even a common Porsche anywhere in this neighbourhood !

Tesla economics - knock off roughly $30k in gasoline cost for every 100k miles driven. Supply low and thus resale value being very, very strong - compared to ICE counterparts.

And of course if you happened to buy $10k Tesla stock 3-4 years ago @ $25/share you would already have the $100k needed to buy one of the best autos ever built.

Ykick said:
Tesla economics - knock off roughly $30k in gasoline cost for every 100k miles driven. Supply low and thus resale value being very, very strong - compared to ICE counterparts.
Assuming 30 MPG and $2.15 per gallon, 100K miles is $7166.

Ykick said:
........ if you happened to buy $10k Tesla stock 3-4 years ago @ $25/share you would already have the $100k needed to buy one of the best autos ever built.
Hmm ? Tesla economics don't quite add up at all ? :?
Well , I guess I would still have to find the other $100k, from somewhere else then ? :shock:
But even with sufficient cash, I'm afraid I would have many other uses for $200k before wasting it on a car when one at one tenth the cost is just as effective, and public transport is quicker and even cheaper!

rsilvers said:
Ykick said:
Assuming 30 MPG and $2.15 per gallon, 100K miles is $7166.

My fuel cost calculation based on 16mpg which I consider fairly normal for the majority of my combined miles driving a similar “class” size/weight/performance vehicle.

And I used $3.50/gal which is roughly what it’s been in CA for the last several years, if not more.

Sure, someone driving a Yaris around KC Mo would be closer to your estimate.

Hillhater said:
Ykick said:
........ if you happened to buy $10k Tesla stock 3-4 years ago @ $25/share you would already have the $100k needed to buy one of the best autos ever built.
Hmm ? Tesla economics don't quite add up at all ? :?
Well , I guess I would still have to find the other $100k, from somewhere else then ? :shock:
But even with sufficient cash, I'm afraid I would have many other uses for $200k before wasting it on a car when one at one tenth the cost is just as effective, and public transport is quicker and even cheaper!

Sorry, stock price is down to $244 at the moment so I guess those 400 shares would only be worth about $97,600. Sure, before income tax, etc.

I'm Cherry picking a bit but obviously for some folks the margins are "good enough" to actually do something instead of standing around with our dicks in our hands...

Why dont make a car for everybody....this one is to expensive for the most of the people.

You dont need the air filters wen everybody can buy a ev for a normal price!

Car looks ugly with al these windows :shock:

it's impossible to make a car that suits everyone.
Everyone has different tastes and different needs.
No matter what price it is , it will be too expensive for many folks in the world.
If you buy a Tesla, you are not just buying a vehicle, you are making a public statement about your commitment to the environment, supporting the EV industry,.....and saying..... " look at me, I can afford a crazy expensive car ". ,! :shock:

It's hardly an SUV. It's a plain electric 4-door sedan thru and thru.

The X is more a crossover as much as I dislike the term. Does lend itself very well to the three rows of seats and would be very roomy if the second/third row seats could be removed /stowed with its low and relatively open floor design. Could be much better styled and it is just around a $100,000.00 over budget. Hopefully they intro something in most folks price range soon.

The model S I drove had the glass roof. Tesla is doing it right with the windows, even if it looks a little strange from the outside. From the inside it is really nice to have so much view.

Plenty of power and storage, looks like a great mix of features. Wish I had them wing doors for my kid, I hate stooping in the car to strap him in.

Back