Re: Street LEGAL Custom Bomber build! :-)

Allex said:
Cheers! You will not have any problems building your own 18650 because of your god-given technical skills :)
All you need is a spotwelder, after that, just give me a shout and I will hook you up with the complete BMS/charge/controller solution - all in a small package in minimal wiring.

That´s true, the only thing is where do i get a good and not too expensive spot welder? :)

Looking good, so yes, it´s worth it.

Just have to wait for my HK Lipos to die on me!
They are refusing to do just that.
Had a look at the CA today and it showed 307 cycles.

Still working great.
The odometer shows 10714 Km.
All done with the pack the bike was built around. :mrgreen:

This proves the HK stuff is great when treated with a bit of love.

It´s tempting though to build a pack that looks like it was done by a pro. All those wires the HK lips come with take up a lot of space and are always increasing the danger of something going badly wrong.
But replacing a dud cell on a welded and glued together pack won't be too much fun.

Anyways, it´s worth a try. Do you happen to know a good source for the Sony/Konions?
Here in Germany they are quit expensive. :evil:

Yup Lipos could be good except the wiring hassle!
This is how I remove my dud cells:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=62650&p=954299#p954292

Talk to sschwibsi about VTCs, he is a nice fella in Germany and makes the packs like crazy ;)
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=50015

They also discuss on how to build a welder in the thread.

Dlogic said:
Anyways, it´s worth a try. Do you happen to know a good source for the Sony/Konions?
Here in Germany they are quit expensive. :evil:

i heard sony has delivery problems and they will be hardly available in higher quantities until next year.
for that reason they are so expensive at the moment i guess.
groetech is normally a good source for sonys http://www.groetech.de/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6
but the VTC5 is now at 9,9€ and the VTC4 at 6,9 :shock:
half year ago the VTC4 was at about 4€ (200pcs) and the VTC5 somewhere at 6€.

btw: why you want to swap the battery if you have no problems with the LiPos?

Staying with the HK cells is probably the best solution for me. They are cheap and if treated nice rather reliable.

After all the abuse my pack had to take it´s really surprising that all of the cells are still good.
Swapping out dud ones is no problem either.

Pulling out the master plug on the bike disconnects the 3 big packs, leaving the controller without it´s voltage supply.
Access to all cells is possible via this plug, so in case one or more need that extra special attention this is the perfect way to do it.

The only downside is the crazy wire harness that has to be built into the bike, making the total pack a bit smaller since the wiring takes up space.

If the pack will hold up until reaching the 20000 Km distance there´s no way it will be swapped for Sony / Konions. :)

Dlogic said:
Just finished drilling the side covers to vent the motor.

The 38mm holes have been covered by 8 aluminum discs manufactured on my lathe featuring a total of 608 small 3,2mm holes. These prevent big debris from getting inside. :mrgreen:

10erg38.jpg

qwx2yf.jpg

Motorcycle spokes are already here too. Once the 18 inch Excel motorcycle rims arrive it´s time to lace up the wheels.

The front hub has been modified to fit these bigger spokes. :)

hey man really nice work :) where did you get those sprocket from? cheers

The spokes are from a German manufacturer called " Kleeblatt Speichen" They custom make any length and AWG size.

Not cheap but great stainless steel quality. Had absolutely no issues with these. The bike is about to break the 12000 Km of total distance traveled. :mrgreen:

The sprocket, or freewheel is from white industries.
A totally sealed unit with industrial bearings.

That is some serious riding man. 12.000 Km. In under a year.
You know you ridden almost 2.5 times the distance of an average motorcycle rider does in a year in Norway.
Impressive. Salute!

Dlogic said:
The spokes are from a German manufacturer called " Kleeblatt Speichen" They custom make any length and AWG size.

Not cheap but great stainless steel quality. Had absolutely no issues with these. The bike is about to break the 12000 Km of total distance traveled. :mrgreen:

The sprocket, or freewheel is from white industries.
A totally sealed unit with industrial bearings.

is this your dealer?
http://www.speichen-spokes.de/

i asked him for my Raptor. But they said they dont make custom Spokes anymore.

btw: can you make a little video from the sound of that WI Freewheel?
simply pedal reverse and let me hear the sound. that would be helpful because i dont like loud freewheels when the rest is 0db silent.

Yes, true they don´t make custom length anymore.

But, my motorcycle dealer Thomas Luck somehow got them to make me these spokes.
For 117 € i got spokes for both front and real wheels.

Got another set here right now and will lace up something this weekend. :)

hi Martin,
whats the 5 pole connector brand name that you reckon ? binder?

Cheers

Samer

thats a stunning build hopefully its still going strong! are you still using the brooks seat? im thinking of buying one as my ass is on fire after 60k

subscribed

Here´s a short status update:

Still have the pack in use that has given me notching but joy for so much time now.
The odometer reads 17986 Km now.
It has lost a bit of capacity but still performs well.
Had to swap 2 blown fets a few weeks ago.

That´s it, no other issues. Still love the thrill of riding around in total silence.
Been busy with another thing recently.
Got myself a nice manual lathe and started to build some big e-cigarettes using high drain lipo batteries in order to make huge clouds. :)

1589ovq.jpg

14kfd35.jpg

344xw1v.jpg

xc662g.jpg

29lbwo3.jpg

bzonk.jpg

a0gu9v.jpg

nydajc.jpg

124frsp.jpg

rbyy52.jpg

2nq797a.jpg

2ccwa42.jpg

This vaping device is called the Sextus. It has 6 coils and runs on 3 cells of the 26650 Type.
A small series of 11 units is currently under production. All handmade with no CNC machines at work.
Every single one takes around 117 hours to complete.
Once done i might make another bike. Got enough components just sitting around here waiting to be a part of it. :)

Back