E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Rix said:
Latest vid of Pops and I riding in north eastern California near Boca Reservoir.
Cool stuff Rix. :) Looks like you had a blast...I wish I could ride with my dad more.

You can tell Youtube had sucked the quality out of that footage though, even at 720p.
I signed up for Vimeo for my last video and can definitely see a difference in quality for the better with Vimeo over YouTube. With a free Vimeo account you get 500Mb per week. If your video is under 5min, generally speaking this will mean you can use a higher bit rate for the file you upload to Vimeo and get better quality than the same video on YouTube.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Rix said:
Latest vid of Pops and I riding in north eastern California near Boca Reservoir.
Cool stuff Rix. :) Looks like you had a blast...I wish I could ride with my dad more.

You can tell Youtube had sucked the quality out of that footage though, even at 720p.
I signed up for Vimeo for my last video and can definitely see a difference in quality for the better with Vimeo over YouTube. With a free Vimeo account you get 500Mb per week. If your video is under 5min, generally speaking this will mean you can use a higher bit rate for the file you upload to Vimeo and get better quality than the same video on YouTube.

Cheers

I know what you mean, I don't know why YT is killing their quality. I saw it did the same thing for my video as it did for yours and Kiwi. Even with the new go pros 1440p, it probably wouldn't be much better than mine. Yah, I think from here on out, vimeo it is. Dad and I had a blast. He's 70 and still enjoying offroad, on the Bomber of course. This particular ride footage, I felt made the best video for Ebikes in general as it showed basically the typical terrain of what we subject our bikes too. Minus rain or snow, we had some tree riding, two track, single track with wet pine needles, and pavement with a river next to blasting through the canyon. My top speed was 41.5MPH and my dad on the Bomber with a 5404 hit 46MPH, but that twisty road is 30MPH so we weren't holding up any traffic. Just a really neat 21 mile ride which had a lot of dirt and a stretch of pavement.

Rix said:
Cowardlyduck said:
Rix said:

Cheers

I know what you mean, I don't know why YT is killing their quality. I saw it did the same thing for my video as it did for yours and Kiwi. Even with the new go pros 1440p, it probably wouldn't be much better than mine. Yah, I think from here on out, vimeo it is. Dad and I had a blast. He's 70 and still enjoying offroad, on the Bomber of course. This particular ride footage, I felt made the best video for Ebikes in general as it showed basically the typical terrain of what we subject our bikes too. Minus rain or snow, we had some tree riding, two track, single track with wet pine needles, and pavement with a river next to blasting through the canyon. My top speed was 41.5MPH and my dad on the Bomber with a 5404 hit 46MPH, but that twisty road is 30MPH so we weren't holding up any traffic. Just a really neat 21 mile ride which had a lot of dirt and a stretch of pavement.
nice vid Rick, good bit of quite time with your dad. It's always good.

Thanks guys. @ Rod, yah, I appreciate the time I still have with Pops, planning another ride in October, and November. May be a good time to switch over to Vimeo.

@ Allex, Yah the terrain is awesome. One of the reasons I like videos is I get to experience what others are riding around the world. So I make them to return the favor so to speak.

Nice vid good job
I like the scenery looks interesting riding
Now rix y was there no wheelie on the road bit
Tut tut :wink:

Jimboyr6 said:
Nice vid good job
I like the scenery looks interesting riding
Now rix y was there no wheelie on the road bit
Tut tut :wink:

I was topped out trying to keep up with my dad, that said, I can ride a wheelie, but not as good as you.

Bel video complimenti rix :D

I have bought mr tuffy tyre liner ... what a pita to have it here :shock:
The side with the green lines should stay in contact with the tyre, isn't it?

20151005_231906_1.jpg

20151005_232329_1.jpg

Last time i tryed a tyre liner the ends of it rubbed on inner tube which gave me a punture.
So my advice would be to make sure ends are as smooth as a baby's bum
I would say green lines on tyre yes, good luck there a pain to fit

I have used Mr Tuffey Tire liners on my Bomber since i bought my bomber. And i also use 2 bottles of Orange Seal in both Tires. And i have never had a flat So far. But i have come home with Nails and tacks and even Big Staples (the ones used on cardboard boxes) stuck in my tires. So yes it works. At least my combination works.

Jimboyr6 said:
Last time i tryed a tyre liner the ends of it rubbed on inner tube which gave me a punture.

Is possible to use a glue to hold the liner in place while reassembling the tyre?

bigbore said:
Jimboyr6 said:

Is possible to use a glue to hold the liner in place while reassembling the tyre?

I wouldn't glue them in. Just use lots of baby powder, place the liner in the tire, and then the tube, only slightly inflated. Then go around the tire pinching the sides with your hands, this will center the tire liner. Then mount the hole thing on the rim. Event the toughest bicycle tires are easy to mount compared to moto tires. After its mounted, inflate to 15psi and then let the air out. Again, go around the tires squeezing the sides with your hands, this will ensure the tire liner is centered. Now inflate to your ride PSI.

As rix said
With the tube inflated abit does help alot,once tube is in should stay in place

Yeah nice vid Rix. You ride like I do with my dad, when he's going too slow you weave around looking for side tracks or detours or try to zip in front :)

Hyena said:
Yeah nice vid Rix. You ride like I do with my dad, when he's going too slow you weave around looking for side tracks or detours or try to zip in front :)

Yah, got to make it interesting a little, until we hit the pavement, I aint weaving around looking for detours then.

Rix said:
Hyena said:

Yah, got to make it interesting a little, until we hit the pavement, I aint weaving around looking for detours then.

Yes on the pavement the old bomber still gets up and goes.

Hehe love it when your dad flies past at max velocity. Really nice vid Rick, the scenery, the music. Felt like I was there but was also strangely relaxing too :)

Rix said:
Nice vid Rix. Thanks for making and sharing it. It seriously motivated me to get my Fighter going again.

Allex said:
Now I would not recommend reusing them as they are not waterproof, just google for "waterproof connectors" and you will get a tons of alternatives. Like this one:
http://r.ebay.com/ZUUPs5
Allex, I bought and received a 5 pack of those 5 pins plugs. They look great. Thanks! Much better for the mud patches I usually must ride over.

This week I'm going to work on getting my H4065 motor working again. It all went bad when the plugs were forcefully disconnected while riding. So I'll start by assuming the internal Hall sensors are ok, and replacing a portion of the exposed sensor wiring. Surely less work than changing the axle, bearings, wiring and re-lacing my new H4040 motor.

I started on my "yearly service" on my fighter this week, and I have fractured the steelframe on the battery box once again at the same spot it was fractured last time. Is it only me that have problems with frame fractures? I'm only 65kg and I don't think that's to heavy?

fsmuggen said:
I started on my "yearly service" on my fighter this week, and I have fractured the steelframe on the battery box once again at the same spot it was fractured last time. Is it only me that have problems with frame fractures? I'm only 65kg and I don't think that's to heavy?

No you are not alone. My frame also cracked on the top were the seat post frame met the frame. But i welded it up again my self and re powder-coated the entire frame and swing arm. And reinforced the heck out of the frame. Now it's much better than new.

DSC_0121.jpg

Her you can see the cracked frame.

DSC_0146.jpg

But my frame had some strange kinks and dents, Manufacturing faults from the factory, That I decided to fix and get rid of. This one and one on the top of the frame.

DSC_0148.jpg

Picture shows how mutch I had to re weld to straiten it out.

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

Frame and swing arm, and all parts were sandblasted before Powder coat

Complete time from start to finish 10 days.

Back