eBoard:Some questions about electronics, motors and charging

eiprol

1 mW
Hi everybody!

I've been half a month reading and learning about how to do my own electric board, and I finally decided to sign up here and start building my own!
I'm thinking on a single motor configuration, to achieve speeds of around 30Km/h (I don't mind more, but I don't really need it), and a range of 10/15Km (I prefer keeping a thin board and being able to charge the whole thing faster... my commutes are not long after all).
I'm trying to choose the right components, but everytime I think I have it, some component is sold out and I have to start again; to be honest, part of my problem is my lack of knowledge... and there are so many posibilities, that I'm really confused!

I have also some basic questions about electronics; If you could give me a hint, I would appreciate it!

1) When is a BMS needed? what is it exactly? This leads me to the next question...Do I need it for laptop-style charging, right? I really want my board to be charged using a "laptop" style charger, (As I said, I prefer smaller batteries for shorter commutes, and I want to be able to carry a laptop size charger with me). Is there any tutorial about BMS, or any pre-built BMS I can buy to achieve this?

2) Sensored motors: Does it mean I can track the rpm of the motor (and maybe calculate the speed/distance somehow?). If yes, what else do I need? ESC's can store this information to retrieve it afterwards? I plan using my phone as remote (bluetooth), so maybe I could send the data (speed,miles, etc) in real time to my phone and store it there...
I was thinking of, maybe, this motor:
http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/brushless-motors/alien-5065-sensored-outrunner-brushless-motor-270kv-2200w-2/
Again, the problem here, is that it's only available for backorder...

3) ECS: which ECS should I use for this APS motor, taking into account that I want to be able to track distance/speed? I've been reading about "open source" VESC, but I don't know enough to build it from scratch, and I can't find any available unit on sale right now.

4) Battery: I guess that, with only one motor and my needs, using a 6S battery should be enough. Am I right? How long would I ride with 5000mAh 6S battery? And 10000mAh?
I also have the concern of safety; most of the batteries used around here are Lipo I think, but then I read that BoostedBoards decided to use LifePo4 batteries because they are safer, and since I plan charging the battery attached to the board with a laptop charger, I don't need to remove it...
- Lipo: http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/batteries/alien-6s-10000mah-35c-lipo-battery-flat-configuration-size-a/
- Life4po: (how many? only 2 to achieve 5000mAh, and 4 to achieve 10000mAh? I think boosted was using 12 A123... I'm missing something!): http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__83316__A123_3_3V_Lithium_Ion_2500mAh_Single_Cell_Battery_EU_Warehouse_.html

I think these are my main concerns; I'm sure they are all pretty basic questions, but I've just started reading and learning and I feel overwhelmed and confused!
Thank you in advance!

There are really many ways to do it.
Read half a month more :)
Do not hurry :)
Winter is coming...

Here's at least 3 people selling VESC
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=73234
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=66958
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=71226

Hi!

Will try to answer as I can, not well expiremented, and sorry for my English wich is not great :wink:

1) When is a BMS needed? what is it exactly? This leads me to the next question...Do I need it for laptop-style charging, right? I really want my board to be charged using a "laptop" style charger, (As I said, I prefer smaller batteries for shorter commutes, and I want to be able to carry a laptop size charger with me). Is there any tutorial about BMS, or any pre-built BMS I can buy to achieve this?

A BMS is needed when you want a laptop style charging, basicaly on non laptop style charging we have those big balancing charger wich are composed of a "versatile" BMS (so we have a range of batteries S/mAh compatible) and integrated or non integrated power supply.
Some supplier's made batteries (Enertion and Alienpower) with BMS integrated and so laptop charger.
The only issues I see in batteries with BMS is if there is a fail you have to replace the exact same batterie or BMS, ans as they are "sealed" together it could be an issue if the supplyer's don't sell the exact same setup.
So be abble to build your own BMS to fit a basic hobbyking batterie could be great, but don't know if there is any tutorial here, left this answer for most advanced member's.

2) Sensored motors: Does it mean I can track the rpm of the motor (and maybe calculate the speed/distance somehow?). If yes, what else do I need? ESC's can store this information to retrieve it afterwards? I plan using my phone as remote (bluetooth), so maybe I could send the data (speed,miles, etc) in real time to my phone and store it there...
http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/brushl ... v-2200w-2/

Yes, and you need a sensored ESC, but actually you can expect as efficient with unsensored motors and Vedder's ESC, but VESC is still in devellopement so if you are able to manage with some kind of beta test product it could be great, but if you are not able to i will recommand you to go with unsensored motors and ESC wich work's fine already and able to configure them enough through experiences.
Using phone as remote is in my opinion bad idea, but just my opinion.

3) ECS: which ECS should I use for this APS motor, taking into account that I want to be able to track distance/speed? I've been reading about "open source" VESC, but I don't know enough to build it from scratch, and I can't find any available unit on sale right now.

I partialy answer before, but for traking you can use some basic sports apps for phone, work great enough.

4) Battery: I guess that, with only one motor and my needs, using a 6S battery should be enough. Am I right? How long would I ride with 5000mAh 6S battery? And 10000mAh?
I also have the concern of safety; most of the batteries used around here are Lipo I think, but then I read that BoostedBoards decided to use LifePo4 batteries because they are safer, and since I plan charging the battery attached to the board with a laptop charger, I don't need to remove it...
- Lipo: http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/batter ... on-size-a/
- Life4po: (how many? only 2 to achieve 5000mAh, and 4 to achieve 10000mAh? I think boosted was using 12 A123... I'm missing something!): http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

To achieve 30 km/h on single motor, 6S with 63mm motor and a gearing oriented for speed could be good, or you can go for 8S with torque gearing ans have same goal speed but better ability on climbing hills (depending on your location).
For range here on Endless generaly most will say 1000 mAH= 1 miles, but many things impacts this data, like you weight, your average speed on a run, hills at your location and so on... but it is a good data base to expect your range.
you can also considering that a 6S 10000 mAH is equal to a 12S 5000 mAh at same average speed.
I understand safety concerns but can't really answer because i don't remember any users here using lifepo4, I think it is possible by the way, but they are bigger.

My only advice is take your time, read a lot, ask in case of doubt.

Good luck :)

3. Get a VESC from Enertion
4. 4s 10000mah in series with 4s 10000mah to get 8s 10000mah

rmrf said:
There are really many ways to do it.
Read half a month more :)
Do not hurry :)
Winter is coming...

Here's at least 3 people selling VESC
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=73234
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=66958
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=71226

Thank you! I still have a lot to read, but thanks for the info, will take a look at those VESCs ;)

Vulthor said:
Hi!

Will try to answer as I can, not well expiremented, and sorry for my English wich is not great :wink:

A BMS is needed when you want a laptop style charging, basicaly on non laptop style charging we have those big balancing charger wich are composed of a "versatile" BMS (so we have a range of batteries S/mAh compatible) and integrated or non integrated power supply.
Some supplier's made batteries (Enertion and Alienpower) with BMS integrated and so laptop charger.
The only issues I see in batteries with BMS is if there is a fail you have to replace the exact same batterie or BMS, ans as they are "sealed" together it could be an issue if the supplyer's don't sell the exact same setup.
So be abble to build your own BMS to fit a basic hobbyking batterie could be great, but don't know if there is any tutorial here, left this answer for most advanced member's.

http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/brushl ... v-2200w-2/

Yes, and you need a sensored ESC, but actually you can expect as efficient with unsensored motors and Vedder's ESC, but VESC is still in devellopement so if you are able to manage with some kind of beta test product it could be great, but if you are not able to i will recommand you to go with unsensored motors and ESC wich work's fine already and able to configure them enough through experiences.
Using phone as remote is in my opinion bad idea, but just my opinion.

I partialy answer before, but for traking you can use some basic sports apps for phone, work great enough.

- Lipo: http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/batter ... on-size-a/
- Life4po: (how many? only 2 to achieve 5000mAh, and 4 to achieve 10000mAh? I think boosted was using 12 A123... I'm missing something!): http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

To achieve 30 km/h on single motor, 6S with 63mm motor and a gearing oriented for speed could be good, or you can go for 8S with torque gearing ans have same goal speed but better ability on climbing hills (depending on your location).
For range here on Endless generaly most will say 1000 mAH= 1 miles, but many things impacts this data, like you weight, your average speed on a run, hills at your location and so on... but it is a good data base to expect your range.
you can also considering that a 6S 10000 mAH is equal to a 12S 5000 mAh at same average speed.
I understand safety concerns but can't really answer because i don't remember any users here using lifepo4, I think it is possible by the way, but they are bigger.

My only advice is take your time, read a lot, ask in case of doubt.

Good luck :)

Hi Vulthor! Thank you so much... that helped a lot!
Knowing that LifePo4 are bigger, I guess I should stay away.. and maybe the same with sensored motors; if a unsensored one works well enough (It's a shame the tracking info, it's not vital, but I just wanted to have a permanent "log" of miles/kilometers without using always an App!
As for the controller, I know I will have to end up using a RC or Wii remote instead of a phone.. Just wanted to minimize complexity in my first board :D !
Thank you again :)!

lox897 said:
3. Get a VESC from Enertion
4. 4s 10000mah in series with 4s 10000mah to get 8s 10000mah

3) The only thing is that I would like to buy most of the items in the same place to save shipping costs, and for example I'm not sure if the enertion 190KV is good enough (I'd read that I should stay away of anything below 200Kv). Also, they only seem to have one battery available for now.
http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/190kv-electric-skateboard-motor/

4) Just wondering, since I've seen this in other eBoards... Can I safely take apart the cells of each battery, in order to rearrange them in order to achieve "flatter" batteries? I usually find very thick ones and was wondering if, just in case...

Thank you guys!

eiprol said:
3) The only thing is that I would like to buy most of the items in the same place to save shipping costs, and for example I'm not sure if the enertion 190KV is good enough (I'd read that I should stay away of anything below 200Kv). Also, they only seem to have one battery available for now.
http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/190kv-electric-skateboard-motor/

4) Just wondering, since I've seen this in other eBoards... Can I safely take apart the cells of each battery, in order to rearrange them in order to achieve "flatter" batteries? I usually find very thick ones and was wondering if, just in case...

Thank you guys!

Eiprol - welcome to ES! Some great responses and info already, but i'll give you my suggestions as well.

3 - i understand your desire to get everything from one place, but realistically that's going to be difficult w/ your desire to run a 63mm motor. They are reasonably scarce and not everyone has them. As for the R-Spec at 190kv - i'd actually consider that an advantage if you ever decide to go to VESC as it allows you to go up to the limit of 12s batteries. >200kv motor would limit you to 10s max batteries (he might have this fixed in 4.9/4.10, but not currently in 4.8 as i understand it. Someone correct me if i'm totally wrong). I'll let you know why this is a huge advantage when we chat about batteries.

4 - Yes you can. But you will void any warranty. Might not be an issue, but just FYI. I would probably suggest instead gettign some of the slim and smaller batteries in series instead.

The batteries i'd recommend in two configurations:

6s - i would run two 3s batteries in series. Advantage both in slimness of the packs side by side, as well as usually less expensive (not always) than one 6s battery (which is 99.9% always bigger). A little bit of added complexity wiring, but nothing we can't walk you through.

6s will allow you to utilize almost all hobby ESC's. (XERUN, FVT, etc.) which are about $80-100. Also - realize that any ESC you get will need programming - via USB/Software or Programmer Card. Typically around $20-25 extra.

I would suggest either 2 3s in series at 6s - good for starting and getting comfortable, then you can add another 3s for 9s, and a 4th for 12s later if you run VESC (my preferred ESC by far).
Option B - get 2 4s for 8s in series, then add a 3rd for 12s (not as flexible as you learn and want to go faster).

3s batteries to consider vs a single 6s:
Z50003S-20(1).jpg

ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 3S1P 20C $30 (if you wait on the page before purchase it usually will give you a pop-up discount down to $27)
Spec.
Capacity: 5000mAh
Voltage: 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1v
Discharge: 20C Constant / 30C Burst
Weight: 404g (including wire, plug & shrink wrap)
Dimensions: 145x52x25mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: 4mm Bullet-Connector

Any similar to that will work. A slightly more expensive option i went with:
24310(2).jpg

Turnigy nano-tech A-SPEC 4500mah 3S 65~130C - $65-68 (they've gone up in price from around $50 i recall paying for mine)
Spec.
Capacity: 4500mAh
Voltage: 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1V
Discharge: 65C Constant / 130C+ Burst
Weight: 278g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 150x44x19.5mm
Discharge Plug: 5.5mm Bullet connector

If you look at most 6s packs they will be $60-80 and usually around 40-50mm thick. 600-700g ballpark.

I would suggest getting your batteries from Hobbyking, your motor mount from either DIYes or Enertion. If you want a solid ESC that is plug-and-play, you could get the 12s Opto from DIYes, or the VESC from Enertion would still be my suggested choice. You cannot go wrong with either motor mount. There is additional flexibility on adjustment of motor angle (like to clear a small drop on a mild drop deck), and the Enertion one with CF is gorgeous/light with less adjustability but still quite a bit of flexibility to mount how you want. Having had both they are both excellent. The DIYes can be "fiddly" with lots of parts to keep in place as you adjust it "just so!", but that's part of the trade-off with it being modular (can swap to paris trucks adapter later or to Caliber if you had Paris first).

Charging -

BMS is nice - one plug to charge and balance. BMS is usually pretty expensive to have built into a pack. Or a lot more complex (to my limited skill) to wire into existing packs.

I personally prefer to stick with regular old RC charging methods - pull the batteries and charge them. You can also leave them on the board and set the charger on top of them. It's always good to inspect your packs before and during charging (don't leave them charging unattended).

Most of the faster and nicer chargers need an AC/DC power supply. Taking your home AC power and giving you 12-18'ish volts DC for your charger. You can get an inexpensive 350w power supply from hobbyking and others for $30-40. For roughly the same price you can also get a Server power supply that's been converted to have 4mm banana plugs output for your charger! Advantage is ROCK SOLID power (no variance regardless of load) reliability, and usually 50-60A output if needed. VS the Hobbyking and others there that are usually 20-25A max output. link to hobbyking power supplies.

Chargers - i recommend a good one. iCharger is probably my favorite but usually $80-100+. A good inexpensive alternative you might consider is the iMax b6AC v2. I've seen it priced around $30 if you hunt a little. Look for the genuine hologram sticker as there seem to be a lot of chinese clones. I'd also verify the model has ability to measure Internal Resistance. I like this feature a lot as i write down initial/new IR and check over time to see pack health as it gets older.

I don't know if besides speed (your target of 30kmh minimum), did you share your weight and plan to do a lot of hills or mostly flats? A single 63mm motor will definitely work unless you are big guy like me (and i ride a single 63 regularly on GF's board - works fine for me on the flats). I might even recommend a 50mm motor if you are 60kg or less and only want the flats. I've recently ridden the Marbel which has one 50mm motor and still gets folks up to 25mph!

Big dump of data. Hope it makes some sense and is helpful. Let us know any questions and hope to get you rolling soon!

If you want single cells look at this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18560__Turnigy_5000mAh_1S_20C_Lipoly_Single_Cell_.html

Dude-bro where in Spain are you? If you're around Madrid we ought meet for cañas and ride next to Rio Mazanares. I will be starting build #2 and #3 this year. Building a Spanish Amano longboard, and a Madrid double kicktail. Always happy to talk shop and help build ( getting a new adjustable temperature soldering station and have a small workroom with all kinds of goodies).

Cheers buddy

If you want to have plug in charging with lipos you can do what I did with my last board. Really not sure why more people don't do this. Get a single 6s battery and and wire in an XT90 charge plug with a balance extension.

You of coarse only running one 6s battery would look more like this.

Just plug up the charger and leave it alone. Since they are lipos however I only charge when I am in the same room. There is also the 9-pin D-sub connector option as well.

sl33py said:
Eiprol - welcome to ES! Some great responses and info already, but i'll give you my suggestions as well.

3 - i understand your desire to get everything from one place, but realistically that's going to be difficult w/ your desire to run a 63mm motor. They are reasonably scarce and not everyone has them. As for the R-Spec at 190kv - i'd actually consider that an advantage if you ever decide to go to VESC as it allows you to go up to the limit of 12s batteries. >200kv motor would limit you to 10s max batteries (he might have this fixed in 4.9/4.10, but not currently in 4.8 as i understand it. Someone correct me if i'm totally wrong). I'll let you know why this is a huge advantage when we chat about batteries.

4 - Yes you can. But you will void any warranty. Might not be an issue, but just FYI. I would probably suggest instead gettign some of the slim and smaller batteries in series instead.

The batteries i'd recommend in two configurations:

6s - i would run two 3s batteries in series. Advantage both in slimness of the packs side by side, as well as usually less expensive (not always) than one 6s battery (which is 99.9% always bigger). A little bit of added complexity wiring, but nothing we can't walk you through.

6s will allow you to utilize almost all hobby ESC's. (XERUN, FVT, etc.) which are about $80-100. Also - realize that any ESC you get will need programming - via USB/Software or Programmer Card. Typically around $20-25 extra.

I would suggest either 2 3s in series at 6s - good for starting and getting comfortable, then you can add another 3s for 9s, and a 4th for 12s later if you run VESC (my preferred ESC by far).
Option B - get 2 4s for 8s in series, then add a 3rd for 12s (not as flexible as you learn and want to go faster).

3s batteries to consider vs a single 6s:
Z50003S-20(1).jpg

ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 3S1P 20C $30 (if you wait on the page before purchase it usually will give you a pop-up discount down to $27)
Spec.
Capacity: 5000mAh
Voltage: 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1v
Discharge: 20C Constant / 30C Burst
Weight: 404g (including wire, plug & shrink wrap)
Dimensions: 145x52x25mm
Discharge Plug: 4mm Bullet-Connector

Any similar to that will work. A slightly more expensive option i went with:
24310(2).jpg

Turnigy nano-tech A-SPEC 4500mah 3S 65~130C - $65-68 (they've gone up in price from around $50 i recall paying for mine)
Spec.
Capacity: 4500mAh
Voltage: 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1V
Discharge: 65C Constant / 130C+ Burst
Weight: 278g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 150x44x19.5mm
Discharge Plug: 5.5mm Bullet connector

If you look at most 6s packs they will be $60-80 and usually around 40-50mm thick. 600-700g ballpark.

I would suggest getting your batteries from Hobbyking, your motor mount from either DIYes or Enertion. If you want a solid ESC that is plug-and-play, you could get the 12s Opto from DIYes, or the VESC from Enertion would still be my suggested choice. You cannot go wrong with either motor mount. There is additional flexibility on adjustment of motor angle (like to clear a small drop on a mild drop deck), and the Enertion one with CF is gorgeous/light with less adjustability but still quite a bit of flexibility to mount how you want. Having had both they are both excellent. The DIYes can be "fiddly" with lots of parts to keep in place as you adjust it "just so!", but that's part of the trade-off with it being modular (can swap to paris trucks adapter later or to Caliber if you had Paris first).

Charging -

BMS is nice - one plug to charge and balance. BMS is usually pretty expensive to have built into a pack. Or a lot more complex (to my limited skill) to wire into existing packs.

I personally prefer to stick with regular old RC charging methods - pull the batteries and charge them. You can also leave them on the board and set the charger on top of them. It's always good to inspect your packs before and during charging (don't leave them charging unattended).

Most of the faster and nicer chargers need an AC/DC power supply. Taking your home AC power and giving you 12-18'ish volts DC for your charger. You can get an inexpensive 350w power supply from hobbyking and others for $30-40. For roughly the same price you can also get a Server power supply that's been converted to have 4mm banana plugs output for your charger! Advantage is ROCK SOLID power (no variance regardless of load) reliability, and usually 50-60A output if needed. VS the Hobbyking and others there that are usually 20-25A max output. link to hobbyking power supplies.

Chargers - i recommend a good one. iCharger is probably my favorite but usually $80-100+. A good inexpensive alternative you might consider is the iMax b6AC v2. I've seen it priced around $30 if you hunt a little. Look for the genuine hologram sticker as there seem to be a lot of chinese clones. I'd also verify the model has ability to measure Internal Resistance. I like this feature a lot as i write down initial/new IR and check over time to see pack health as it gets older.

I don't know if besides speed (your target of 30kmh minimum), did you share your weight and plan to do a lot of hills or mostly flats? A single 63mm motor will definitely work unless you are big guy like me (and i ride a single 63 regularly on GF's board - works fine for me on the flats). I might even recommend a 50mm motor if you are 60kg or less and only want the flats. I've recently ridden the Marbel which has one 50mm motor and still gets folks up to 25mph!

Big dump of data. Hope it makes some sense and is helpful. Let us know any questions and hope to get you rolling soon!

Hi sl33py! I really appreciate every word you wrote, thank you so much! I will read everything again and will try to keep on learning and looking for proper components in the meantime!
As for my weight, I'm around 80kg, and the place I live is quite flat, so climbing hills won't be a need.I will post again with new doubts once I find a nice configuration :D

lox897 said:
If you want single cells look at this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18560__Turnigy_5000mAh_1S_20C_Lipoly_Single_Cell_.html

Nice, might be an option

206monkey32 said:
Dude-bro where in Spain are you? If you're around Madrid we ought meet for cañas and ride next to Rio Mazanares. I will be starting build #2 and #3 this year. Building a Spanish Amano longboard, and a Madrid double kicktail. Always happy to talk shop and help build ( getting a new adjustable temperature soldering station and have a small workroom with all kinds of goodies).

Cheers buddy

Hey! I'm relatively close to Madrid, in Valladolid (Not these days, but I live there)!
Would be nice to meet and ride... although I'm better at cañas than at skating :roll: !
Is nice to know people around here, I wasn't expecting it!
Cheers :D

astilwell611 said:
If you want to have plug in charging with lipos you can do what I did with my last board. Really not sure why more people don't do this. Get a single 6s battery and and wire in an XT90 charge plug with a balance extension.

Just plug up the charger and leave it alone. Since they are lipos however I only charge when I am in the same room. There is also the 9-pin D-sub connector option as well.

Definitely could be an alternative, but for now I'm still thinking of a BMS and proper laptop charger... I'm a bit stubborn, I know! Thanks anyway!

Hi again guys!

After reading more and finding this kit on Amazon, I think I'm trying this setup for my first eBoard:

Trucks and motors:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00WQP5P48/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_pre_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Battery:
I'm really worried about the possibility of my batteries catching fire... Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Life are much safer than lipo, right? I want to build a BMS for laptop charging anyway, so maybe in that case I could go for Lipo... I don't know.
Let's say I go for Lifepo4...
Should I get 4 of these?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=38282
(Maybe connecting in paralel two sets of two serial... Or is that crazy?)

I also found this, but the discharge plug is not bullet..
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__23826__Turnigy_nano_tech_3000mAh_2S1P_20_40C_LiFePo4_Receiver_Pack.html

And the rest of them look huge (maybe splitting them...)

ESC
As for tue ESC, I will get two VESC from Enertion!

What do you think?

Thank son much in advance guys!

Hi!

If You want to go with hub motor kit, forgot the one you found on Amazon and go with Pediglide hub motors.

For batteries can't really make any advice, don't know.

For Esc have no experience with Vesc, let some advanced users advice. But if you change your mind about this I recommend diyelectricskateboard ESC, really easy to set up, way enough features I guess (drag break, throttle management), and got really (well on the table, don't ride it for the moment) very smooth motor acceleration.

astilwell611 said:

I'm confused, are these connectors coming out from your battery pack? I would not use male connectors on them as you can easily get a short.

Hi again guys,

Finally I ended up ordering a VESC,a single motor kit and a 190KV motor from enertion!

As for the battery, I'm about to order the ZIPPY 5000mah 3S 20C (x3), and I want to figure out what else I have to buy (like what kind of wires, adaptors, etc).
This is my list in hobbyking right now:

-3 x battreries ZIPPY 5000 3S 20C
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=35808

-1 x Charger (I know it's only 5A, but I don't mind if it needs 3hours to charge my kit. They don't have the v2 on the EU store :oops: )
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=31467
Question: Do I need to buy wires from charger to the batteries, or they are included and it's enough with the following connectors I'm buying?
PS: I'll use a laptop power DC 5A from AC to this charger

-2 x XT60 Battery Harness to connect in series
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__31464__XT60_Harness_for_2_Packs_in_Series_1pc_EU_warehouse_.html

-1 x XT60 bag (to connect batteries and other things to those battery harness ?)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__36270__Nylon_XT60_Connectors_Male_Female_5_pairs_GENUINE_EU_Warehouse_.html

-1x parallel charging board with xt-60
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=31488

-Wire: Which one? xxAWG?

- Do I Any other connector? And what about the connection to the VESC?

- I would like to buy a power switch with antispark from DIY too!

Thank you :D

Back