Welcome to the Electric Horsemen

almost on the money Voicecoils..

Brake levers are certified for Moped class in Europe.... and kickstand is manual, but requires a switch to disconnect throttle when in the down position.

A Moped is allowed pedals. The other componentry you mentioned has not been questioned by the engineer - but are more than suited to the application. Handlebars needed to be a min. width to pass.

Battery sits in the frame in a leather bag bolted to the frame.

Mudguards still to go on (required for ADR).

S.

Willow said:
A Moped is allowed pedals. The other componentry you mentioned has not been questioned by the engineer - but are more than suited to the application. Handlebars needed to be a min. width to pass.

Nice, I'm getting really excited for you!

If your engineer doesn't question those items, I'd be keen to follow in your foot steps and see if they'd sign off on one of my home-builts.

Oh, and that leather bag craftsmanship is exquisite!

Willow said:
80v 20AH pack installed. First run soon.

Looks amazing!
Is this the bike you were looking to do ADR compliancing on?

Sean9002 said:
Willow said:
80v 20AH pack installed. First run soon.

Looks amazing!
Is this the bike you were looking to do ADR compliancing on?

Yep, this one will be road registered - Moped Class, 5KW and limited to 50km/h

First attempt to get the bike running failed. Error " HALLS 2.

Going to swap out motor for another to isolate the problem, as I'm pretty sure I've done a mischief when installing temp sensor and upgraded phases in the Cro.

Tried a spare Mini-E (unused) and it didn't work at all. So it may be on it's way back. Also thought I had an issue with the DC-DC converter, but had just forgotten to install fuse. All other systems are go.

it's close.

first attempt to run.jpg

Some amazing stuff here.. keep up the good work :)

Beautiful, I think you've executed your vision superbly on this build.

p.s. I like how you casually have that NYX frame in the background...just another spare Ebike part in willows workshop 8)

It's worked out as I had planned - which is always nice... still a few details to finish up. A lot of work in making the tanks. Got molds to make more now though.

The leather is lazer-cut (for the most part) and hand stitched.

Another 4 bikes on the floor waiting to be finished for sale. The GT is already sold.

Looking forward to the first ride.

Very nicely done!
+1 on the looking forward to seeing it registered.
Do you know if that moped thing is Australia wide ? I haven't seen any mention of that in NSW.
On a related note, I know you have to have the cables in orange sheath but is there any requirement for them to be externally visible like that ?
If you wanted to design the frame such that it's better hidden or behind some removable external covering, is that allowable ?

Yes Hyena - The class of vehicle is Australia wide - though the licencing requirements differ from state to state. Most states you will require a motorcycle licence - whilst other states only require you to have a car licence.

Complying to the rules is tricky in this class due to the lack of available product which will satisfy the cross-over between a pushbike and a motorcycle. Brakes are one of the hardest thing to get right... There is a hole in the market for really good lightweight moto brakes that are ADR approved. Some Engineers will be better than others too - some will make hard work of an easy task.

Hide that cable - just needs to be sheathed in orange. Any high voltage wiring needs to be sheathed in Orange (even the neg side). I've limited ability to hide it - though the owner may decide to rip it off and reveal the nice black conduit that lies beneath. :wink:

Politicians on bikes...

Happened to stumble across this picture this morning from an event from February this year

This is Craig Farrell - head of the legislative assembly in parliament. Bike is 2KW

"I test rode a Tasmanian built electric bike today.
It was brilliant and had no trouble moving the larger man around at a tidy pace.
Simon will be starting production on more soon. This is the future of the Australian vehicle industry and it is happening in Tasmania."

Craig Farrell.jpg

Back