DIY Earthwing Muirderer Build (90mm, 190KV, Dual VESC)

whitepony said:
my post was somewhat of a peace offer since I like where sub is going with the battery.

but the "somewhat" is what i'm talking about... take that out of the thread and just let him build his board. Peace offerings cool.. lets talk about how awesome of a job sub has done with his build and how encouraging it is to see another person around these parts take some intuitive and get the job done aside what others think....

there it is - sadly doest give away any speccs on the product page:
http://www.evolveskateboards.com.au/products/battery-charger

even though Im using that thing since april now on my DIY evolve battery (10S6P), I cant really tell how fast it is exactly cause I usually get home from work, plug the board in and take it out the next morning. I know that its NOT fast, thats for sure ... sometimes when I go out hours later, the LED is usually still red. my evolve carbon original battery was charged in about 4-5hours, my DIY evolve battery basically takes double that time, my 10S4P topspeed should take about 5-6hours.

always takes longer than the theoretical value anyway, since the charger switches from constant current recharging to constant voltage in the end to bring the cells into saturation (and that process takes a lot longer). by the way: the evolve charger saturates at 41.4V, not 42V - that should help cell health too).

think its an uncomplicated good charger for the "long tour, next use tomorrow" kind of useage. for anything else it is really quite slow, especially for batteries of our size. there is a reason, evolve came up with a "fast charger" with 6A charge current - one of the reasons its so fast is also, cause its not switching from CC to CV for saturation charging. the evolve fast charger just stops under a current threshold. thats the reason, why some evolve riders report larger tours after charging with the evolve slow charger and the slow charger had somewhat of a revival. :lol:

copy from one ? plagiarism. Copy from many? research. Sorry, shouldn't bump this part of a thread but my college teacher always used to say this and it stuck in my head ! Lots of innovation on these threads which will only benefit us all in the end. Peace.

Back