AT-One electric inline skates (quick update Dec 2020)

BIG UPDATE, I got the nice surprise to receive early the custome motors!

custom_outrunners_for_real_air_treks_prototypes_by_hypnos_de_tolbiac-d9atxm6.jpg

My motors are shortened, I must say that the form factor and size are better than I imagined!

By the way the 3 other units for ES members here are home too!

3_custom_outrunners_low_low_kv_for_e_skateboards_by_hypnos_de_tolbiac-d9atxzy.jpg

Stuff will move sooon :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ok I tried hard to get back my VESCS and still nothing after more than 2 months now.

300€ by the window, I still haven't gotten the chance to test my custom motors...
Also waiting for proper power cables to finish my 3d printer which is sadky sitting since one month now. If sellers were more serious I could be testing instead of complaining.

Guys I can't help but feel angry today :evil: freaking sh*t!

Haha~ too bad...hope you'll get things right back where it should be...I literally looked like everywhere, but still couldn't find my motor...I'm stalled here too...sk3 was out of stock, couldn't afford r spec for testing, tacon was cheap (50+) with 50+ shipping which was ridiculous...emax wasn't available....dafuq with my luck lol....van, if you can, do provide me the contact details of the custom manufarturer (I know its emax), I'll try to talk them out...well at least I try tough...haha
Btw, new news from Sony! The vtc6! It's official just a month ago and it packs 30 amp continuous and 3000 mah...
Production next year, planning to lay my hands on it...10s2p preferably rite? Especially with custom made motors of yours! Hahax
Van, if can, let me try talking to them....really need motors...maybe I'll talk.them.through, you might not know :wink:
Ps: if I custom, I'll make a 5325 instead....since my width limit was within 50mm (most prob around 40+-mm)

Don't worry I help your luck a bit, Turnigy has new stock of SK3s 245Kv! :D

EU warehouse http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__39965__Turnigy_Aerodrive_SK3_6364_245kv_Brushless_Outrunner_Motor_EU_Warehouse_.html

USA West warehouse http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__35029__Turnigy_Aerodrive_SK3_6364_245kv_Brushless_Outrunner_Motor_US_Warehouse_.html

AU warehouse http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__32077__Turnigy_Aerodrive_SK3_6364_245kv_Brushless_Outrunner_Motor_AU_Warehouse_.html

International warehouse http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18128__Turnigy_Aerodrive_SK3_6364_245kv_Brushless_Outrunner_Motor.html

In case you want cheaper motor but you'll need to rewind it, http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__23521__NTM_Prop_Drive_50_60_Series_380KV_2665W.html

You already know the factory which makes motors for me, it is E-Max so you can try to contact one of their representatives. But don't hope too much, I could negociate custom kv motors because we made agreements, they need guarantees that it is economically viable (they can't throw money out of the window). Though in case my actual 85Kv would not be enough, I can negociate even lower Kv but sampling cost is also huge. Plus it is my first motor from them, the layout I asked for respect 98% of their standard layout, the remaining 2 percent being 1-shaft 2-lowered kv.

I might dare and negociate full custom model after my first order at least is honored. Now this might become a monster of hybrid tiny can, got crazy layout idea in my mind but right now I stay focused on my e-treks.

EDIT : About SK3 motors you can take off the flange as it is a huge heatfan. It shortens the motor a lot, not perfect but for cheap and reliable prototyping you can start there and it won't take long to be done :wink:

BTW need to update, FINALLY received power cables for my 3D printer!

Alright then....I'll just wait for it....6364 couldn't cut the job...so maybe i'll try talking to emax, if not wait for the 6354 to restock...thanks anyway :)

Van, still having troubles with your VESC and printer?? Haha~ Btw, did you tried those 4020 motors on other normal ESC or something....and did you used it to make any design or something for the inline skates?? I'm just curious....me here I'm done with designing and selecting,maybe gonna CNC it at advance...still looking for CNC services here..., whats left of it was to find a low kv motor (wired stator and magnets) :lol: cause my design would most probably fit any motors with 25mm or less length (47mm,50mm,53mm stators) and everything of it will be replaceable ,so I'm working with the hub (housing) first....(it's my first prototype)
well....it's better then being stalled though...haha :lol: Anything new, (as in hub are done or partially done or CNC-ed) I'll update you guys and ES. (If not it's like a blank bullshit talk) :roll:

To any ES members, any cheap affordable CNC services and/or custom motors (5325/5025/6355 below 150kv) product/services that you guys can introduce to me? :)

Cheers
Chin

Hi Chinyp,

That's great news I need to see it soon :)

No the printer is alive and it now performs flawlessly! Needed time to properly mount the power switch, learn how to use Marlin, I fought to line everything before starting and now it's good auto calibration etc no errors during prints, either I'm lucky or it is a killer machine.

Luckily I should come up with a first hub by tonight or tomorrow (will take few hours to make everything) made from ultra strong nylon (it won't break even when stressed under 200Kg concentrated over less than 5mm diameter at 20% fill only) :D

Still aching over the frame and bootplate though, frame is almost ok already but for boot plate I'll need multiple iterations before finding the right way to integrate every electronics.

And there are members who have offered to help me on sourcing new VESCS (I can't use RC ESCs with my sensors).

Omg!!! Where did you got those!!! I want the nylon too!!! Omgomgomgomg..... :cry: do you mind sharing on where to get those?? T_T

chinyp said:

To any ES members, any cheap affordable CNC services and/or custom motors (5325/5025/6355 below 150kv) product/services that you guys can introduce to me? :)

Cheers
Chin

Try this, but I don't think it will be cheap: http://www.gobrushless.com/shop/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=stators

Sure! Search for Taulman filaments they have awesome options but be careful, printing can be hazardous as you need direct drive preferably first and high temperatures print too.

Phew, got a hard time with Solidworks to make a rim matching my Fothon 125mm wheels :shock: it corrupted my files twice, I was blasted at first :evil: Well at least last iteration is good :lol: I'll have to update pictures about it soon enough!

EDIT : Gotta fix stuff on it but here is half of the first rim proto ! Next half is done but not as pretty IMO. Received over bearings too!

air_gear_rim_by_hypnos_de_tolbiac-d9h7a61.jpg

air_gear_hub_proto___first_try__almost_there_by_hypnos_de_tolbiac-d9ikw07.jpg

First half rim printed.... AND FAILED :evil: I am almost there, it fits nicely around the motor but some dimensions are really wrong. Back to drawing.

Ok, here are the updates of the day :

-rim is corrected and working, video coming later :p

-frame will be printed out starting tonight!

air_gear_inline_frame_type_1___almost_done_by_hypnos_de_tolbiac-d9k4svv.jpg

As promised, it freakin' accepts from 80mm up to 125mm wheels sizes with ALWAYS low center of gravity :twisted: and it is hub motor ready.

Thank you! :D Yea full UFS, and it can also be used for non-motor inlines ! Just need to use the smallest side shown on the picture on both ends of the frame.

And well I don't know, I needed to incorporate a proper groove block :lol: :lol: do we have the same thoughts? :twisted: :twisted:

Btw the hblock can be tweaked, I curved the sides alone and underneath is flat, but it is strong enough to be fully grooved ! Should I just groove it all the way ?

Vanarian said:
Thank you! :D Yea full UFS, and it can also be used for non-motor inlines ! Just need to use the smallest side shown on the picture on both ends of the frame.

And well I don't know, I needed to incorporate a proper groove block :lol: :lol: do we have the same thoughts? :twisted: :twisted:

Btw the hblock can be tweaked, I curved the sides alone and underneath is flat, but it is strong enough to be fully grooved ! Should I just groove it all the way ?

It would be pretty awesomely dangerous to be able to frontside electric blades and I like it :) I'm not sure SLA or other rapid prototyping material would be up to the task in any way, but it's a cool idea anyway.

All I'm thinking is that this will change rollerblading videos... instead of having someone towed up to a gap via car, they'll be towed by someone with power blades ..... I guess that name is already taken though eh... :wink:

That's true, it will be a lot more dangerous but I hope it will be like nothing we've seen up to now :p (well kinda.. Taig Kris has broken almost every record he could with inlines but you get me).

Here, a quick shot to what the frame looks like fully grooved (I couldn't resist after reading your post :mrgreen: ) and set for non-motor inlines!

classic_inline_frame___platine_classique_by_hypnos_de_tolbiac-d9k53pg.jpg

For rapid prototyping I use good nylon, tensile strength and resistance to impacts is impressive for a 3d printed part. I underestimated it a lot actually. But I'll put a layer of epoxy over it to keep the layers forcefully bound together, so it can take good abuse (until I get proper molds).

Back