Mongoose Dolomite and Cyclone 3000W

jpgey

1 kW
Hello, I'm starting a new build from a fat Dolomite with a Cyclone mid-drive 3000W.

dolomite1.png

The mounting bracket system is a nonsense, a misfit for a 3000W and 100Nm motor.

IMG_1908.JPG

Starting to setup a PAS sensor to throttle adaptator with Arduino mini and MCP4725 12bit digital to analog converter

IMG_1963.JPG

thinking of getting this motor can you help
1. how is the controller and throttle I was thinking of using my own lyen?
2.do you think you could run it on low power with the bb sheaths that come with until I can get something better?
3.how is the noise?
4.How do the chains hold up?
5.how are the gears holding up?

broke said:
thinking of getting this motor can you help
1. how is the controller and throttle I was thinking of using my own lyen?

Hello broke, I don't think Cyclone ships twice the same components, anyway the included half-twist throttle was fine.
I hadn't try another controller, I think any controller with enough ERPM will do the job ?

broke said:
2.do you think you could run it on low power with the bb sheaths that come with until I can get something better?
Unfortunately no, the torque is too high and if you look carefully the motor is bolted with only 2 screws !!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

broke said:
3.how is the noise?
Amazing, a long cry of pain in a dark forest !

broke said:
4.How do the chains hold up?
Not so bad, anyway I had redone the chairing

broke said:
5.how are the gears holding up?
Seems fine, you can find a lot of usefull informations from Karl website:
http://electric-fatbike.com/2015/08...ed-nylon-primary-reduction-gear-on-the-bbs02/

spinningmagnets said:
When you had the motor apart, did you measure the width and diameter of the stator?

Hello spinningmagnets, I will do that as soon !

I have given up trying to setup the Arduino and Pas sensor, too jerky even with a good feed back loop.

Then, a quick made battery and controller box :

IMG_2020.JPG

Back