BBS02 question, crank arm width ?

The crank arm width on a "normal" bike is about 5" from center of one crank to the center of the other, how much wider apart are they on the BBS02 ? Roughly will do, as I had one of those IGO's (for a day) with the weird mid drive, and it seemed the cranks were a lot wider than a stock bike.

Thanks, Rick

I'm currently in the process of replacing my BBS02 with a BBSHD and took some quick measurements. BBSO2 Q factor is 190mm but is about 12-13mm to the right of the center line of the bike. BBSHD Q factor is 200mm and is only slightly 2-3mm to the right of center line.

Dogboy1200 said:
I'm currently in the process of replacing my BBS02 with a BBSHD and took some quick measurements. BBSO2 Q factor is 190mm but is about 12-13mm to the right of the center line of the bike. BBSHD Q factor is 200mm and is only slightly 2-3mm to the right of center line.

Thanks Dogboy for the measurements. I checked a couple of normal bikes, as they usually have bent, or splayed crank arms, the Q factor at the pedals is about 7 inches or 180 mm. I noticed that the crank arms that come with the kit are straight so the difference is small "around" 1/2" / 12mm. Pretty much a non-concern. As far as being right of center 12mm not too big a deal either, although ideally would be nice to maybe trim off the 12mm from the right side of BB, and add a spacer to the left. for a bit better chain line ?

I kind of figured this would be the "rough" amount as that is about the width of the final drive to the crank shaft.

Thanks again.

Back