E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

Allex, what are you running? I set the limits are 80 amp battery, 212 phase and unlimited acceleration which has proven reliable to date. I am running stock phase wires so how hard have you gone without melting anything?

I think stock wires are good for about 270Phase,
Here is a quick run at 13kW on stock wires with 160DC A and 400A on phase The wires do get warm So I would not run them at 400 for a long time unless you swap them.

[youtube]XybF15eNKtI[/youtube]

9lives said:
SamD, 20S pack+ MXUSv2+ Max-E at 210 phase amps = awesome fun. I'm running one of your MXUS's on my phaser and couldn't be happier. The adaptto's are not cheap but the price is quickly forgotten in terms of liveability and performance. The MXUS with aluminium stator eats up the temp spikes nicely and the only issue I have had is that the disk screws as supplied are on the short side. To get the best of the adaptto recommend matching it with a high wattage charger (I am running an Eaton courtesy of Allex on forum) and you are looking at 30 minute turnaround to charge.

Hey that's awesome feedback! :mrgreen:

I've hit my first hurdle though, no rear swing arm bolt/journal inside the box! When the carton arrived there was a small hole in the carton, but I assumed all the bits were inside. :shock:

The standard mount appears to take an imperial ~9.3mm threaded bolt and a ~12.5mm plain bearing sleeve. Should be easy to cobble one up. Don't suppose anyone has a pic or details of the OEM part? All the bearings were in the swingarm so it should be easy to sort out...

I was thinking of using my components on a new revolution frame but then figured my schlump drive will probably not fit new frame...also wanted to try adappto controller but discovered it will not work with 100 volt system

SO I am thinking of selling entire bike for 6000.00 and starting over on a new project anybody interested?

Attachments

• phasor-reseda-50%.jpg
    phasor-reseda-50%.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 4,733
bikes done and it looks great, but i spent all day tinkering so no pics. I'll take some tomorrow.

got a couple bugs to figure out on the adaptto. firmware doesnt seem to actually upgrade (even though it says sucessful) and when i plug in the charger it just sits on a detecting charger prompt, but shows no input voltage so never actually starts chargin.

hope to have it figured out quick

i think it turned out pretty sweet. after a day of riding it im heading towards a max-e. mini-e is really fun, but I want torque to pull wheelies on command.

ebike2.jpg

ebike1.jpg

looks very sharp. I like how you have the lights setup. been trying to figure out what I am going to do.

wth is up with those pedals or lack there of ? Sweet ride. Hope you get that charger issue figured out.

Wish they would include a T adapter with the coil. I stripped the wire like you did , but felt bad doing it.

Haha I'm milling something up to be the size of a downhill pedal but these are actually pretty comfy for cruising.

I've decided to go without pedals (in the sense of making it human powered. This thing only moves under battery power

Latest picture of my bike with some fenders and a rear deck to hold tools/rainwear.

Need to clean up my rear wiring for my light as it looks a bit sloppy.

Has anyone ever purchased just a swing arm from David ? I cant get him to respond to emails to me asking for a quote on a 150mm swingarm.
If so curious on the cost.

When I bought my frame it was not an option and id like to get a cro from zombie , but I don't wanna stretch this one any wider and having a
couple motor options would be nice.

Bike_ES copy 2.jpg

ohzee said:
Has anyone ever purchased just a swing arm from David ? I cant get him to respond to emails to me asking for a quote on a 150mm swingarm.
If so curious on the cost.

i got a quote from him a little over a year ago for the same thing. Its an "unadvertised" price, so i will PM you the deal he offered me, to give you a round about idea what he is asking for the swingarm. It did involve me sending back my old one along with $$. PM sent

Thanks Deutch. Interstingly enough David just responded to my email. Thanks David.

Based on the cost I think I will just get in line for the new frames Hyena is offering. Minus shipping it's comparable to just what a new swingarm would cost.

2nd runner up would be the the raptor. Rodney seems to really like his and based on looking the battery compartment is dreamy in size/access.

the seat is made of wood with some steel rods for where it attaches to the bike seat post. I wrapped it in foam, then stapled nylon around that. I also build the rear light that kind of tucks up under the seat.

at the far frontal portion of the seat, I drilled a hole in the seat and a corresponding hole in the frame and bolted it to the frame. mainly just because with that much leverage the seat could twist in the post with any side movement. this way it stays nice and solid.

I've been riding it to work which is a 30km ride. its pretty comfortable until 15-20km in, then feels like it could use a bit more padding. for normal riding though its great

wingsuit said:
the seat is made of wood with some steel rods for where it attaches to the bike seat post. I wrapped it in foam, then stapled nylon around that. I also build the rear light that kind of tucks up under the seat.

at the far frontal portion of the seat, I drilled a hole in the seat and a corresponding hole in the frame and bolted it to the frame. mainly just because with that much leverage the seat could twist in the post with any side movement. this way it stays nice and solid.

I've been riding it to work which is a 30km ride. its pretty comfortable until 15-20km in, then feels like it could use a bit more padding. for normal riding though its great
Great, thanks for the info. I will probably do this at some stage in the future, really like the look.

Removed my 20s9p 25r battery and replaced it with 20s12p tesla cells. Also built a 4s3p battery with same cells for accessories.
I mounted a light into the bottom of the steerer tube. JB welded a bolt so I could affix it firmly. Need to get a picture of that.

I placed the adaptto charge coil under the seat and wired in a neutrix port so id only have to connect the phase wire tap and plug into a power supply to charge. Drilled some holes in my frame which I hated doing , but the access makes it so much easier. I did one under where the controller is mounted to clean up any wire routing under the frame and the other for charging on top.

After cutting into the frame I have a new apprecition for how nice and well built it is. All these new frames being released are vastly cheaper and easier to place batteries etc. , but I wonder in 5-10 years how many will have rusted parts from the weather, lost bolts,nuts.etc. I still think David is doing himself a diservice by not updating his web page and making it easier for the junior builder to jump in feet first.

bike_port3.jpg

I've been building this Phasor up for ES user PRW and I am loving it. I wasnt a fan of the shape at first but the long rear is a nice smooth feature and the overall shape has grown on me.
IMG_20150719_131044.jpg

I have used a 24x3 inch wide rim at rear, and originally I had the same at front - but a bit too washy thru those tyres at speed. A relacing to 2" wide rim has made it nice and direct on corners without losing the look.
I've been using one of my new bluetooth controllers with it and the Mxus 16x4T 45mm V2 at 63v 60a - its a nice combo. Android interface allows for setting the current ramp and phase amps etc without the extra look of the CAV3.
The idea is to ship the empty bike to him and he can load a premade battery sent direct from my supplier.

The schlumpf is a 2.5:1 ratio 22 tooth with one of my 12 tooth freewheels at rear. This was an older photo before chain tension was set.
One item I have noticed is that the chunky half link chain (used to get tension right) rubs on the schlumpf chainwheel sourround due to it's heavy gauge.

I need to shorten up the brake cables on the maguras (recent bargain from Chain Reaction). These brakes hit like a wall in conjunction with the regen.

Not much to tidy up and ship.
I'm building a couple of fluxes also ATM, an interesting contrast.

Of note is the extra wide tyre ability of the Phasor within the shape of the swingarm.

Nicely done on the Phasor Sam. Funny you chose to run the MXUS 4T on a 63volt system. My next build will be a the same motor running 16s, (67V Hot). I will be pushing a few more amps but I think this will prove to be a nice 40-43MPH combo.

Heya Rix,
due to my old Bafang hub days, 15s 63v HOC from 5s bricks made for a nice inexpensive toy. The controllers all had 63V capacitors and were cheap.
I needed to commission this bike on my own lipo and ship it empty, so it seemed like a good fix to start there.

The thing I like about using a MXUS is it unlocks inexpensive hubs and controllers, instead of forking out for 100V overpriced Lyens etc and coupling them to high winding motors.
The days of volt up/ amp down are behind me now.

My battery builder stocks 10s, 13s, 14s, 15s and 20s BMS units so I didn't want to step up to 20s and start with a high DC volt design powertrain all over again.

well i sold my phasor for 6,000.00 USD a lot less than what I had into it...I liked it was getting over 50 mile range but I wanted to try sine wave,a bigger MXUS motor,and a bigger battery without increasing weight too much so decided to start with lighter frame...I will post photos of my build soon here is my bike i sold

Attachments

• phasor.jpg
    phasor.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 4,044
korpin said:
well i sold my phasor for 6,000.00 USD a lot less than what I had into it...I liked it was getting over 50 mile range but I wanted to try sine wave,a bigger MXUS motor,and a bigger battery without increasing weight too much so decided to start with lighter frame...I will post photos of my build soon here is my bike i sold

6000$ usd!!?? Congrats!!! I can't get 2/3 that price and I have better parts across the board. Congrats man.

Deutch420 said:
korpin said:

6000$ usd!!?? Congrats!!! I can't get 2/3 that price and I have better parts across the board. Congrats man.

I would be lucky to get that for my Bomber with all of the stuff it had done. Korpin did well I think.

Back