Bafang BBS-HD cabling ??

Hello.

Just received my new BBS HD, but there is no instruction manual.

It should be kind of obvious to install, but i´m in doubt of some of the cables from the motor.

I´ve connected the following:

Display
2 x brakes
speed sensor
thumb trhottle
Power supply

There are three more cables that I don´t know how to connect. One with two cores (Blue & black) and another one with two cores (red & black.) These two have a small black connector/plug on them. The last cable have one of the round black plugs (yellow in the middle) with three.

Does anyone have a wiring drawing or installation manual for this ?

Thanks in advance.

Michael Back, DK :D

Can you take some pictures? The cables you have connected are all the one's my BBSHD has.

Crazy! mine does not have those additional wires.

I got the same 3 extra cables - no idea what to do with them - help!
Thanks any advice
Tor, Norway
:D

Attachments

• bbshd plugs.JPG
    bbshd plugs.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 7,790
Strange, mine came like DogBoy1200s with no extra connectors. I have read of some BBSxx drives coming with a plug for a headlight (there is a provision to turn it on and off in the display), but I have never seen connectors like the two squarish black ones. Since you are in Norway, I guess you got it directly from China, any luck contacting your seller?

If it was me I would hook up what you have and plug it in and try it. Mine worked without the other plugs, yours probably will too. Perhaps the other plugs are for some sort of EU mandated pedal cadence sensor that was not included in the kit and you can just ignore them.

Kevin at http://www.btn-ebike.com who sold me the kit says the extra cables are for gear sensor and light :idea:
He told me to watch their site - they will soon sell light and gear sensor to connect to these cables.

I guess the rest of the cabling goes like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akA1vg5fcwY

Cheers
Tor, Norway

Hi all - thanks for your replies...

It is correct Tor - the cables are for gear sensor and rear / front light...

Attachments

• IMG 2570 副本.jpg
    IMG 2570 副本.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 7,651
Hmmm.... the obvious question now is when will the gear-sensor be on sale?

And will it fit the older BBS02?

Thanks! I had the exact same "3-cable-left-over-problem", and ended up here :)

Regards
MrMagu

I tested the two light connecter.

If I turn on my light of the C965 display I have on:
BLUE/BLACK 5.8V
RED/BLACK 6.2V

If I turn the light off there is 0V ... so it has really somethink todo with the light.

Wish it would have been 12V!
Maybe we can use it to charge our phone :)

Does anybody know how all the plugs are called?
Would like to build my own cables!

So the yellow plug, the green EB-BUS plug, light connect plug, and so on!
Would be great to know!

Thanks

I don't know what the connections are called, but you see them on smaller lipo batteries, specifically for the JJRC H8C quadcopter. I believe those are the same connectors.
From aliexpress:
2pcs-lot-Original-Li-on-Lipo-Battery-7-4V-500mAh-2S-For-JJRC-H8C-DFD-F183.jpg

JST-SM. Can be purchased on ebay, and you need a crimper to go with it. If you go the ebay route, make sure you buy the right side of the connection for the cable you are making.

Alternatively, make up the cable you want and ring round RC shops. Someone might be willing to crimp it for you for a fee?

I have those extra cables also, have installed a BBS02 without them so didn't know their purpose, and like others ended up here here wondering what they were.
I've just been routing the cables and deciding on protective conduit and grouping, handy to know thanks for the info.

The switchable light option is a nice touch. I''ve got it on a Bosch bike, and on a pedal only bike with dynamo I've just changed from Edelux to a B&M Luxos U that is nice modest lighting and legal/courteous.
Reminds me the greatest let down of 2015 was finding out about this high/low beam ebike light and that it's for OEM only, so on the $5k+ bikes. The brake light triggered tail light looks neat also.

http://supernova-lights.com/en/m99-pro

PS: I wouldn't go to great lengths to keep those lighting connectors and move to whatever you have already if you use a soldering iron. could find a stick pop up to do damage.

Back