Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Artur is helping me via PM. looks like red/green are power, but I accidentally hit the chassis. as you said, keep them isolated, as it's just a loop to provide power to the brains of the unit. I'll follow up once I get things more figured out.

Hi all,

I hope someone can answer my question.

My Controller are burned out and i need a new one.

Can i drive with the Adaptto backwards? I mean just to push a switch and it goes backwards. In the Manual i couldn't find anything. I need it for a Trike.

dafex said:
Hi all,

Can i drive with the Adaptto backwards? I mean just to push a switch and it goes backwards. In the Manual i couldn't find anything. I need it for a Trike.

Hmmmmmmmmm that´s interesting.. I have never heared of a controller which can do this.. But this princip of the throttle would be interesting for braking just with the throttle instead of having to brake by dragging the brake with your fingers. Like pushing the throttle backwards or something... :roll: :pancake:

DasDouble said:
dafex said:
Hi all,

Hmmmmmmmmm that´s interesting.. I have never heared of a controller which can do this.. But this princip of the throttle would be interesting for braking just with the throttle instead of having to brake by dragging the brake with your fingers. Like pushing the throttle backwards or something... :roll: :pancake:

This thing exist for a long time already :))

And yes, you can go backward with adaptto. just upgrade to a latest software version and then pres down from Home meny and you can turn on "backward" mode.

And yes, you can go backward with adaptto. just upgrade to a latest software version and then pres down from Home meny and you can turn on "backward" mode.
Guess you miss understand me. I did'nt mean to operate the Motor in reverse Mode. I need a function to drive my Trike forward and backwards. Its very inconvenient to go through the Menu to select the "reverse shift"

Or do we mean both the same?

DasDouble said:

Adaptto has a function called "active mode". If you have this enabled and you apply the brake, the controller first will brake normally like regen does, but below a certain speed (about 6-10kmh on DD bikes) it will push current into the motor the reverse direction which makes it possible to slow the vehicle down to 0kmh. I don't have it enabled because i do not want to "waste" battery for braking, but it's a very nice feature!

I don't know what happens if we change the direction from + to - or the other way round, and apply throttle.
the motor should spin backwards, yes, but i'm not sure if the timing and angle settings need to be adjusted.
Maybe pwrtiming2 or anglecorr2 is for that..

dafex said:
Guess you miss understand me. I did'nt mean to operate the Motor in reverse Mode. I need a function to drive my Trike forward and backwards. Its very inconvenient to go through the Menu to select the "reverse shift"

Or do we mean both the same?

It's very easy to turn reverce mode on in 2 sec. First, press down to fast meny, then choose backward. That's all you need :)

Artur said:
DasDouble said:
dafex said:
Hi all,

This thing exist for a long time already :))

Do you know a throttle which has this funktion? Normal throttles can go from like 0 - 10 for example (0=no power for motor, 10=full throttle full power). But I need one with something before this "0" thing. Like "minus 10" if you know what I mean. Like an integrated regen-funktion. Just without button, more with "backwards-spinn". Hope you can help me :)

There are a few threads on the subject https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39983
Amberwolf posts some good ES search links in that thread
amberwolf said:
Some searches for info here on ES that might be useful for this thread:
Topics specifically about this:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=%22variable+regen%22&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Threads mentioning it:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=%22variable+regen%22&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=msgonly&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

OMG THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR :shock: :shock: :shock: :!: :eek: :!: Thank you really much!! Gonna buy you a bear when you are in my region in germany :D
-Cheers

Artur said:
It's very easy to turn reverce mode on in 2 sec. First, press down to fast meny, then choose backward. That's all you need :)
Now i found it in the Manual. It is called Quick Menu. That makes life easier. Thanks for help.
You got PM.

Is a Vectrix throttle compatible with an adaptto controller? Or any other throttle which supports this:

so3lsn.jpg

Is there a quick way to adjust the OVS setting? I find myself switching it often. I saw something about quick menu. Not sure if that would resolve it.

I tested the backward function. That can be very helpful. I got stuck in small ditch other day. This feature would helped me in that situation.

I looked at quick setup menu for OVS. No setting for that.

drew12345 said:
I tested the backward function. That can be very helpful. I got stuck in small ditch other day. This feature would helped me in that situation.

I looked at quick setup menu for OVS. No setting for that.

If you mean with OVS overspeed or something like that then you have to contact Adaptto via E-Mail. You will loose your warranty if you install this setup but you can. Adaptto will send it to you :)

OVS is enabled in the stock firmware in the advanced menu. Not sure why one would need this in the quick menu. If you are worried about max speed, just limit in the profiles.

I mean to switch quickly between OVS 0 or 7 as an example. During a ride I may switch a few times to conserve battery. It's a pain to go several levels deep to change it. Not sure if highly requested feature. If easy to add, why not.

Instead of quick menu, a better option maybe part of the profiles.

drew12345 said:
I mean to switch quickly between OVS 0 or 7 as an example. During a ride I may switch a few times to conserve battery. It's a pain to go several levels deep to change it. Not sure if highly requested feature. If easy to add, why not.

Instead of quick menu, a better option maybe part of the profiles.
I would also like this as a feature...although so far for me only OVS 1 and 2 seem to give any extra speed, while OVS 3-7 just make the motor heat up faster.

Cheers

It is my understanding that the OVS effect only happens once you have reached maximum speed for you motor. Therefore you can leave it on and it won't make any difference to your power consumption until you reach higher speeds.

Jackrabbit said:
It is my understanding that the OVS effect only happens once you have reached maximum speed for you motor. Therefore you can leave it on and it won't make any difference to your power consumption until you reach higher speeds.
I think it might do something more than just that.
If I run auto-detect with OVS set the controller set's drastically different values to when I run auto-detect with no OVS set. Specifically with higher OVS levels set autodetect results in much higher (into the negative) hall angle corr, and Ind Timing settings. Without OVS set these values are closer to 0 when autodetect is run.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Jackrabbit said:
I think it might do something more than just that.
If I run auto-detect with OVS set the controller set's drastically different values to when I run auto-detect with no OVS set. Specifically with higher OVS levels set autodetect results in much higher (into the negative) hall angle corr, and Ind Timing settings. Without OVS set these values are closer to 0 when autodetect is run.

Cheers

I might be ignorant or plain slow, but once auto-detect is set for me it seems one should not need to mess around with that anymore. For me it seems that once it is first set and the motor runs flawless without stutter why bother changing that at all? Even if you make changes from standard mode to OVS. My understanding of OVS was that that JR say turn it on at forget about it. Timing should be perfect, right? And I must say that part is what I found much appealing too. When bike is done, motor is modified and everything is adjusted and tuned I would prefer to keep riding more then spending too much time fiddeling with the controller settings.

Btw is there any ways to tap data from the Adaptto? I would like to log everything that shows in the display, and run the data on a raspberry PI. To get some fun facts and stats - is there a way to tap into those data?

Seven said:
I've also noticed ovs drastically changes the autodetect values and believe it will change the behaviour of the motor from 0 rpm

+1
the difference between ovs 3 and 5 is very noticeable with regards to performance/pickup.

it really feels like my bike has grown a tail at ~ovs 5, and is very responsive at low speeds when negotiating traffic etc.
at lower ovs it feels much more tame at takeoff

Back